• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Picky Eaters!

johnl

Council Member
What is with this trend? I just saw an ad for pediashore nutri drink. because so many kids are fussy, picky eaters. When I was a kid, we ate what we got, and I mean it. Can you imagine the kids in the depression being picky eaters? I guess what I'm saying this is just on example of the lunitics running the asylum. just thinking!

Jen

Senator
I think it's normal for kids to be picky eaters. The response to that may be different now than it was when we were kids. My kids were definitely picky eaters and my husband and I allowed for it but always talked about the adventure of discovering something new to eat. Little by little we worked them out of it............. they were pretty young when they first tasted calamari (and knew what it was). Now, they'll try anything.

I figure that we all have things that we like and things we don't like. That's okay. But it's good to try and retry stuff. Taste changes. I hated peas my whole life.... until I had some in Nice, France and the little French lady that cooked them was standing there waiting for my approval. Uggghhhh............. but those were some GOOD peas. I (almost single handedly) ate the whole bowl. Ya never know when you are going to start liking something you once hated. And now I like peas, though I have never been able to duplicate those French peas.

So that's my thought on "picky" eating.

solutions4

Council Member
Thare are more options... I remember not liking things when I was a child like liver, beets,etc, etc, and I STILL don't like them, but there are things I didn't eat then that I love now.

solutions4

Council Member
I have found if it is cooked right alot of things taste really good! I had beets at a restaurant and I loved them! Never cared for them much.

MaryAnne

Governor
What is with this trend? I just saw an ad for pediashore nutri drink. because so many kids are fussy, picky eaters. When I was a kid, we ate what we got, and I mean it. Can you imagine the kids in the depression being picky eaters? I guess what I'm saying this is just on example of the lunitics running the asylum. just thinking!
Most picky eaters use that as a form of control, just like kids will do in any case, leave them alone,they will eat.

That drink is just advertising and many fall for it. Kids will not starve. I had 2 and now we have 1 more. My Son is eating stuff he swore he would never eat at home. Green beans,for instance. Today he loves them.But of course his wife is a Food Scientist so they eat healthy.

MaryAnne

Governor
I have found if it is cooked right alot of things taste really good! I had beets at a restaurant and I loved them! Never cared for them much.
Harvard,or Sweet and sour? I love the sweet and sour.Do not care much for the Harvard.Too much goo.