• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

PJ Poll: Abortion Timing

Exactly when does a fetus become a baby?

• 1. at birth, but not until the entire baby has been born.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. at the 13th week of pregnancy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BobbyT

Governor
That doesn't mean the child would be a monster. It might be important that that child lives. That child could end up being a blessing to your whole family. How could you destroy a child because of what the father was?
Maybe some could. Who would presume to make that decision for another?

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
That doesn't mean the child would be a monster. It might be important that that child lives. That child could end up being a blessing to your whole family. How could you destroy a child because of what the father was?
I SAID...I don't know what I would do. Neither do you. Have you ever had that experience?? You just like to say what YOU think and what YOU would do when you have no damn idea. I wasn't posting to you.

Jen

Senator
Abortion is against the law of God. That trumps man's law. You might not go to jail for your beliefs but you may end up in hell.
Since Leftists are "Secular" they aren't the least bit worried about God's Law.
Now when they die and realize that they were a Spirit living in a body for all this time and that the Spirit has to answer for everything it has done through life........... well. God's Law might mean something then, but too late it will be.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
For those who do not believe in hell, that's not an effective threat.
For those who believe people put themselves into Hell or not, it does have relevance.

Being male, I will never have to make the decision to abort or not. Most women who do are in their 20s and single. It has to be a very difficult decision.

Religion or not, psychologically, this has to be a stressful situation. There's a maxim: the best way to get out of trouble is to never get into it.

IMO, the best way to prevent abortion it to not get pregnant. The "Just say NO" plan doesn't work. Young people love sex. Heck, even old geezers like me like sex! A more effective plan is better education on safe sex practices and access to inexpensive but effective contraceptives.

Reduce the unwanted pregnancy rate and we'll reduce the abortion rate. It's the best and smartest path to reducing abortion.

Jen

Senator
For those who believe people put themselves into Hell or not, it does have relevance.

Being male, I will never have to make the decision to abort or not. Most women who do are in their 20s and single. It has to be a very difficult decision.

Religion or not, psychologically, this has to be a stressful situation. There's a maxim: the best way to get out of trouble is to never get into it.

IMO, the best way to prevent abortion it to not get pregnant. The "Just say NO" plan doesn't work. Young people love sex. Heck, even old geezers like me like sex! A more effective plan is better education on safe sex practices and access to inexpensive but effective contraceptives.

Reduce the unwanted pregnancy rate and we'll reduce the abortion rate. It's the best and smartest path to reducing abortion.
Having an abortion won't necessarily put a person in Hell, but saying that "God's Laws " mean nothing.......... mocking God..............will get you to Hell. That was my point. And Leftists are all about denying/ mocking/ banning God.

And I agree. I have always said that I am "pro choice" and that choice is not to get pregnant in the first place.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
How do you figure you know the truth about the afterlife?
How do you know his version is wrong?

The fact remains you, he and I don't know. We only have our beliefs. I believe in the path offered by Jesus. That path doesn't involve hate or wishing people are dead.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Having an abortion won't necessarily put a person in Hell, but saying that "God's Laws " mean nothing.......... mocking God..............will get you to Hell. That was my point. And Leftists are all about denying/ mocking/ banning God.

And I agree. I have always said that I am "pro choice" and that choice is not to get pregnant in the first place.
Judgement is up to God and, as Jesus taught, God is a lot more understanding for those who love.

Only God can truly see into a person's mind and heart, therefore only God can judge. Is mocking the dogma of a particular religion the same as mocking God? No, but only God knows if that mocking was intended. OTOH, if a person openly mocks God, can't God see into that person's soul to see what was truly meant there and why? Again, only God can judge.

Jen

Senator
Judgement is up to God and, as Jesus taught, God is a lot more understanding for those who love.

Only God can truly see into a person's mind and heart, therefore only God can judge. Is mocking the dogma of a particular religion the same as mocking God? No, but only God knows if that mocking was intended. OTOH, if a person openly mocks God, can't God see into that person's soul to see what was truly meant there and why? Again, only God can judge.
My greatest relief is to understand that God can see the heart. And no, it's not so much the outward mocking of God that is important but whether or not the heart is doing it. I don't wish for anyone's heart to be a heart that mocks God. It doesn't scare me to think about it, but instead, it makes me very sad to think of there being people or even a person who would mock God to his very core. I can't imagine it.

I feel that the Secularists (and I don't believe that all Democrats or all Leftists are pure Secularists) are moving us toward a very dangerous place where there may not be a mocking of God but a pure denial of God. I won't go there. But many people are slowly sliding in that direction without even realizing it.

In my own clumsy way I am speaking up and hoping someone will stop sliding in the wrong direction before it's too late.

BobbyT

Governor

Having an abortion won't put you necessarily in hell? How would you know? You speak for whom, exactly? Mocking God will.put one in hell?

BobbyT

Governor

Stat or link for who most have abortions? Women in their 20's and single cause you say so?

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
How do you know his version is wrong?

The fact remains you, he and I don't know. We only have our beliefs. I believe in the path offered by Jesus. That path doesn't involve hate or wishing people are dead.
I don't know. I have no metaphysical certitude. I make no claim to know. JD does.

Yes...JD's path involves hate and wishing others dead. The path offered by Jesus has nothing whatsoever in common with the posts of the LOUDEST and SUREST Christians on the board.

Humility? Nope. Gentleness? Nope. Forgiveness? Nope. Love thy enemy? It's a constant parade of bitter fruit from the like of JD...

Caroljo

Senator
I SAID...I don't know what I would do. Neither do you. Have you ever had that experience?? You just like to say what YOU think and what YOU would do when you have no damn idea. I wasn't posting to you.
Stop being so defensive....I wasn't putting you down for your statement! I just stated how I felt about it. Isn't that what we do here, talk about our opinions??? When I said "how could you destroy a child...." I didn't necessarily mean YOU. Guess I should have said 'how could anyone destroy a child....". You take too many things too personal!

Oh...by the way, we're on a message board....which means everyone can respond to whatever they'd like. Do you only respond to people that post to you? Don't lie now, I know the answer! Lol!

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
....I feel that the Secularists (and I don't believe that all Democrats or all Leftists are pure Secularists) are moving us toward a very dangerous place where there may not be a mocking of God but a pure denial of God. I won't go there. But many people are slowly sliding in that direction without even realizing it....
A couple of thoughts on this;

1. Scenario: an evil person prints up thousands of Justin Bieber t-shirts with "By wearing this t-shirt I freely give my soul to Satan" written in an obscure language and very small letters on the hem of the shirt. The evil person hands out the shirts for free to all the kids attending a concert. Would Satan be able to claim those souls or would God protect them since God knows what is truly in their hearts? I strongly believe the latter. God knows.

2. Take heart in this survey: http://religions.pewforum.org/reports
While belief in traditional dogmatic religions have waned, most people still have spiritual beliefs, belief in an almighty power. The number of atheists (the "When you're dead, you're dead" crowd) remains about the same at 1.6%.

Most people believe there is something more to existence than simply the physical. While they may not believe in stories of ancient miracles and the hard and fast rules laid down by Moses 3400 years ago, but they know there is something to it. They can feel it.

Last edited:

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Last edited:

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
If you truly cared about stopping abortion you'd go about reducing the numbers in an effective way. Threatening women with hell, or telling them they shouldn't have sex, is proven not to work (as it hasn't yet). If you really care about the issue you'd look for ways that actually do work. Looking down on women for making a choice that you will never have to make is simply laughable but apparently more satisfying to you than taking effective action.
I don't do any of those things. I do tell them that abortion is murder, in my opinion, and it is; it's not legally murder but that's only because Liberals, and complicit Republicans, have so blurred the line between right and wrong that there is no lucid understanding of the concept anymore.
If an individual is capable of excusing and supporting abortion that individual should not be trusted around children of any age and should not hold any position in which he/she is in charge of other peoples' assets, safety or security. That individual is bereft of a moral compass.

Jen

Senator
A couple of thoughts on this;

1. Scenario: an evil person prints up thousands of Justin Bieber t-shirts with "By wearing this t-shirt I freely give my soul to Satan" written in an obscure language and very small letters on the hem of the shirt. The evil person hands out the shirts for free to all the kids attending a concert. Would Satan be able to claim those souls or would God protect them since God knows what is truly in their hearts? I strongly believe the latter. God knows.

2. Take heart in this survey: http://religions.pewforum.org/reports
While belief in traditional dogmatic religions have waned, most people still have spiritual beliefs, belief in an almighty power. The number of atheists (the "When you're dead, you're dead" crowd) remains about the same at 1.6%.

Most people believe there is something more to existence than simply the physical. While they may not believe in stories of ancient miracles and the hard and fast rules laid down by Moses 3400 years ago, but they know there is something to it. They can feel it.
I guess, then, it's just here on PJ that the atheists seem to be a little higher than 1.6%. Thanks for the hope, Max.