• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Political Jack user meeting Wednesday, October 9th - Subject "who do we get rid of" (BRING SOLUTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
The number of reports and violations that a handful of users generate is so overwhelming that we had to go to 5 day temp bans. I will be in the "Shout Box Chat Room" on Wednesday, October 9th at noon eastern time to discuss.

https://www.politicaljack.com/taigachat/

The next step is permanent bans for repeat offenders.

Our mods who do a great job are being torn down by users talking among themselves. Users are trying to get other users to go to other message boards. And everyone thinks they are the only ones being temp banned when that is completely false.

With over 700 posts a day, the mods are like police officers, they can't see an act on everything. If you do the crime, it may get reported, and it may get acted upon. If you do the crime, don't whine to your "side" that so and so did the same thing and didn't get banned because you don't know that to be true, its actually just you whining because you got caught.

The mods were busy today and didn't get to PJ. When they did, there were 17 reports!!! That is RIDICULOUS. And its the same offenders over and over and over.

As you can see: NinaS, Dawg, Mick, Bugsy, Ilovejim, Nostra, Reason10, Constitutional Sheepdog, Spamature, Now_What, The Thinker.

If you want to keep these users then they had better start posting without violations.

Lets discuss on Wednesday because I see no other solution than to permaban repeat violators. We just don't have time to moderate this kind of volume of posts.

2019-10-06 19_28_36-.png

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
This forum has a lot of toxic posters. You named only some of them.

Why not just disable the ‘report’ function if nobody has time or cares to review it?

At the end of the day, it’s your forum and you make the rules. I’ll respect whatever decisions that are made. I have a job and can’t be here at noon on a Wednesday, so I guess I’ll “get the notes” if I’m still here.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
This forum has a lot of toxic posters. You named only some of them.

Why not just disable the ‘report’ function if nobody has time or cares to review it?

At the end of the day, it’s your forum and you make the rules. I’ll respect whatever decisions that are made. I have a job and can’t be here at noon on a Wednesday, so I guess I’ll “get the notes” if I’m still here.
I only listed those that were on today’s reports.

I asked for solutions.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I only listed those that were on today’s reports.

I asked for solutions.
Solutions were posted weeks back...…….IF someone reported and it wasn't a rules violation Reporter got a 5 day ban and if it was violator got a 5 day ban...…...Nina dared me to report her post to "Dr. Phil and SW" so I did and her post of me instead of Topic...…….Make up Your Mind what is what or do away with "Thank You For Your Report"

I'll be in my Combine wed at noon...……..WORKING...…...do whatever you deem OK......it's your investment to lose...……….

Last edited:

Jen

Senator
The number of reports and violations that a handful of users generate is so overwhelming that we had to go to 5 day temp bans. I will be in the "Shout Box Chat Room" on Wednesday, October 9th at noon eastern time to discuss.

https://www.politicaljack.com/taigachat/

The next step is permanent bans for repeat offenders.

Our mods who do a great job are being torn down by users talking among themselves. Users are trying to get other users to go to other message boards. And everyone thinks they are the only ones being temp banned when that is completely false.

With over 700 posts a day, the mods are like police officers, they can't see an act on everything. If you do the crime, it may get reported, and it may get acted upon. If you do the crime, don't whine to your "side" that so and so did the same thing and didn't get banned because you don't know that to be true, its actually just you whining because you got caught.

The mods were busy today and didn't get to PJ. When they did, there were 17 reports!!! That is RIDICULOUS. And its the same offenders over and over and over.

As you can see: NinaS, Dawg, Mick, Bugsy, Ilovejim, Nostra, Reason10, Constitutional Sheepdog, Spamature, Now_What, The Thinker.

If you want to keep these users then they had better start posting without violations.

Lets discuss on Wednesday because I see no other solution than to permaban repeat violators. We just don't have time to moderate this kind of volume of posts.

View attachment 45416
I stopped reporting a while ago but I would report doxxing.

I notice that posts are deleted or edited for just shortening a name. Some posters are just too thin-skinned to even be here.

My solution would be minimal moderating with anyone who abuses the report tool losing the ability to report. Very few things other than doxxing should be report-worthy.

I have greatly reduced my posting here due to the silliness imposed on the mods regarding the moderation expected. I have always pushed for the most minimal moderation possible.

That said, perma-ban should be rare.

I will be here Wednesday if possible but if I am not here, this is my position on this issue.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I stopped reporting a while ago but I would report doxxing.

I notice that posts are deleted or edited for just shortening a name. Some posters are just too thin-skinned to even be here.

My solution would be minimal moderating with anyone who abuses the report tool losing the ability to report. Very few things other than doxxing should be report-worthy.

I have greatly reduced my posting here due to the silliness imposed on the mods regarding the moderation expected. I have always pushed for the most minimal moderation possible.

That said, perma-ban should be rare.

I will be here Wednesday if possible but if I am not here, this is my position on this issue.
Moderation is already minimal. Until 17+ reports come flooding in.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
Moderation is already minimal. Until 17+ reports come flooding in.
There are a lot of rules here and suspensions being handed out. When somebody personally attacks you, there are 3 options. Personally attack people back, report it or take it. The first option will get you suspended. The third rewards the rule breaker. If you don’t want people reporting anything, that’s fine, but there aren’t many options left.

If you start perma-banning large numbers of people, you won’t have much activity here. It’s a high level or censorship, which won’t leave you guys with much of a forum, in my opinion.

All of this is just my two cents, since I can’t make the “meeting”.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
There are a lot of rules here and suspensions being handed out. When somebody personally attacks you, there are 3 options. Personally attack people back, report it or take it. The first option will get you suspended. The third rewards the rule breaker. If you don’t want people reporting anything, that’s fine, but there aren’t many options left.

If you start perma-banning large numbers of people, you won’t have much activity here. It’s a high level or censorship, which won’t leave you guys with much of a forum, in my opinion.

The thing is...it's not a large number of people. It's the same people. Like 4, make up the bulk if the bull shit

Then there are those who wheedle and prod, just on the edge..to be cloying and annoying.

It's bs for bs sake. I agree with the proposal

It not being much of a forum as a result will be the fault of those who choose the negative behaviors

This isnt a new thing...it's being disruptive for disruptions sake

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
3 Reports were resolved this morning. So far there have been 21 reports today. Absolutely pathetic behavior.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
And the day opens with 6 reports before 8am,all from or about the same handful of posters.

Jen

Senator
And the day opens with 6 reports before 8am,all from or about the same handful of posters.
Some posters will always be thin-skinned. Hopefully they can toughen up somehow. I hope banning doesn't have to be a solution for anyone.

Jen

Senator

There is a fourth option: walk away from the personal attacks.
But sometimes the attacker is so determined that they manage to turn your posts in anyway.
I have chosen to back away from any posting about issues though I would rather not. But since some poster is going to turn in everything I post, the ultimate walk away seems to be my only solution.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Solutions were posted weeks back...…….IF someone reported and it wasn't a rules violation Reporter got a 5 day ban and if it was violator got a 5 day ban...…...Nina dared me to report her post to "Dr. Phil and SW" so I did and her post of me instead of Topic...…….Make up Your Mind what is what or do away with "Thank You For Your Report"

I'll be in my Combine wed at noon...……..WORKING...…...do whatever you deem OK......it's your investment to lose...……….
Unfortunately the volume of reports has gone up not down. So obviously that didn't work.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member

You didn't have a single solution. Just a bunch of whining.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
There is a fourth option: walk away from the personal attacks.
But sometimes the attacker is so determined that they manage to turn your posts in anyway.
I have chosen to back away from any posting about issues though I would rather not. But since some poster is going to turn in everything I post, the ultimate walk away seems to be my only solution.
So in this thread you say people need a thin skin, there should be minimal posting, but you are walking away. So it seems like these aren't solutions.

Jen

Senator
So in this thread you say people need a thin skin, there should be minimal posting, but you are walking away. So it seems like these aren't solutions.
Walking away is my solution for self-defense.
I am not in charge of your solutions but through the years I have offered you plenty of ideas.
Once again, here is my suggestion to you.
1. Change the rules using only #3,4,5,13 and 14.
2.Don't moderate reports of things not in rules.
3.Disable reporting ability for posters who abuse reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.