• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Political Jack user meeting Wednesday, October 9th - Subject "who do we get rid of" (BRING SOLUTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen

Senator
well, here we are... cluster as always.

1. many posters bitching about being picked on or rated
2. but do nothing leads
3. yet some name a couple posters that are recidivist troublemakers
4. yet... we should do nothing.
5. posters continue to complain and accuse the mods of uneven moderation and favoritism.

classic cluster f.
While I don't want mass banning, changes are in order.
Here (again) are my suggestions:
1. Tweak the rules again to make them more simple. My list is in post #36. And,actually, my rule #2 (hijacking) could be omitted. 6 short rules.
2. Possibly try Rick's idea of removing report tool to see how that works.

This board has to be messy to be alive. Just as we posters need to have thick skins (note that my set of rules doesn't mention name calling) mods have to be thick-skinned also. Those accusations of mod bias will always be there. This is one of the most unbiased boards around, yet the bias accusations will pop up. I know I make them in silly fits of hissyness and so does everyone else.

I hope @SW48 will look at my proposed rule list.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
well, here we are... cluster as always.

1. many posters bitching about being picked on or rated
2. but do nothing leads
3. yet some name a couple posters that are recidivist troublemakers
4. yet... we should do nothing.
5. posters continue to complain and accuse the mods of uneven moderation and favoritism.

classic cluster f.
You should pin this up top...and have it written into the forum description for SEO.
:)

Actually, you reported me for posting a member's picture on a thread, a few years ago. This lady had already posted it(her pic) in our introductory thread. I was banned for it.
I didn't argue about it... or even explain the reason it was unfair to SW.
Thanks, Queen Titania. Rats are quite opinionated aren't they?
Since we have been here - I did report you for doing so and told you that I had. It wasn't posted in intros it was posted in a thread where posters were trusting each other with photos of themselves, though I did not know that at the time. I reported a few pics of a huge penis some new poster dotted all over the place, early one morning, so that the mods could delete them---- oh and I reported Phil to himself once. Mmmm and I warned the mods of trouble brewing from a very nasty poster who has now gone via the report mechanism.

I can't remember any other time I've reported anyone or thing except for once on Slate I did report a Doxing but that's it as far as my reporting goes on the whole of the internet.

I still think you were out of order. You betrayed a trust by using a photo of a poster, posted in comradery, in a spiteful reply to them.

Reactions: Jen

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
I still think you were out of order. You betrayed a trust by using a photo of a poster, posted in comradery, in a spiteful reply to them.
The poster, themselves< didn't seem to mind. It appears you were spiteful to take it upon yourself to report me.
I didn't betray a trust -- any picture posted on the internet is very public.

The poster, themselves< didn't seem to mind. It appears you were spiteful to take it upon yourself to report me.
I didn't betray a trust -- any picture posted on the internet is very public.
Good grief Addy, how long ago was that? Christ do you lot still bear a grudge for your own misunderstanding of my political stances on things not being in sync with yours?

Barb (it was Barb wasn't it?) may not have been upset, I do not know. I am never spiteful but must have felt very strongly that you were in the wrong or I would not have reported it - though you obviously think otherwise!

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
I am never spiteful but must have felt very strongly that you were in the wrong or I would not have reported it
Interesting comment... so it would seem to be you feel a poster that doesn't comply to posting to your standards, should be reported... okay got it.
I call it being a busybody...

Interesting comment... so it would seem to be you feel a poster that doesn't comply to posting to your standards, should be reported... okay got it.
I call it being a busybody...
Lol Is that so?

You were just caught out Addy, my dear. We both know why you are still angry.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
To me, the funniest thing is the crying about being down-voted. I could get 10 million in a day and it wouldn't bother me in the least. It's almost a badge of honor - people were butt hurt enough to vote you down over and over.

"Ratings Abuse" being a thing is comical. If you don't want people using the ratings, then get rid of all of them except for one positive vote. If mods are sick of refereeing little icons, then dump them. Or tell people if they cry about them, they get a one day suspension.

If mods don't have time to manage 'reports', then dump them. If you catch somebody breaking rules, suspend them.

It sure seems like a huge deal is being made over this when there are much easier solutions.

freyasman

Senator
I'm not interested in playing "Let's vote people off the island ".
I saw that show when it came out and it was stupid and mean.

Jen

Senator
To me, the funniest thing is the crying about being down-voted. I could get 10 million in a day and it wouldn't bother me in the least. It's almost a badge of honor - people were butt hurt enough to vote you down over and over.

"Ratings Abuse" being a thing is comical. If you don't want people using the ratings, then get rid of all of them except for one positive vote. If mods are sick of refereeing little icons, then dump them. Or tell people if they cry about them, they get a one day suspension.

If mods don't have time to manage 'reports', then dump them. If you catch somebody breaking rules, suspend them.

It sure seems like a huge deal is being made over this when there are much easier solutions.
Yep.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

That's about right

The thing about over ratings though is that ( it is a long time since I had such a prob thank goodness ;) ) one can't easily see who has answered one which can be a bore - especially when there are pages of 'em. I don't want them gone though --- I want more.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
There might be a couple that you could do without - not who we could do without.

I am not a fan of moderating at all - outside the obvious no nos.
I would not favor getting rid of anyone, especially any Liberals. I don't want to preach to the choir. If they got rid of the obnoxious Liberals, whom would we fight with, make fun of, or use as an example of what's wrong with the country.

Last edited:
I would not favor getting rid of anyone, especially any Liberals. I don't want to preach to the choir. If they got rid of the obnoxious Liberals, who would we fight with, make fun of, or use as an example of what's wrong with the country.
Nor me --- I have not been sorry to see some go but that is another matter and was never because they were pushed.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
6/5 is right:

NinaS - Left
Dawg - Right
Mick - Right
Bugsy - Left
I love Jim - Left
Nostra - Right
reason10 - Right
Sheepdog - Right
Spamature - Left
Yours Truly - Left and awesom
Thinker - Right

He also pointed out that this is the count from one day. It doesn’t include everyone. There are some obvious names missing...
You left me out. Put me down in the RIGHT column.

Status
Not open for further replies.