• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Politifact's 'Lie of the Year - 2013' resurfaces, this times it's Crazy Uncle Joe saying it...

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-obama-health-care-keep-it

"If you like your health care plan, you can keep it."

That familiar pledge, made repeatedly over several years by former President Barack Obama, was named the 2013 "Lie of the Year" by fact-checking website Politifact, as millions of individuals lost their private insurance -- and had to switch to costlier options -- due to changes mandated by the Affordable Care Act.

On Monday, Democratic presidential frontrunner Joe Biden unveiled his own health care plan, and issued a similar-sounding promise while speaking at a presidential forum sponsored by AARP in Des Moines, Iowa.

"I give people the option," Biden said, after dismissing his opponents' "Medicare-for-all" proposals, which would eliminate private health insurance entirely. "If you like your health care plan, your employer-based plan, you can keep it."

Biden added: "You get full coverage, and you can stay with your plan if you like it. You can stay with your employer-based plan, or you can move on. I think it's the quickest, most reasonable, rational and best way to get to universal coverage."

It was a lie then, it's a lie now. Crazy Uncle Joe is too stupid to realize that.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Ah, the “lie of the year” for 2013, which was actually a completely true statement Obama made in 2009 about the ACA grandfathering provision. Strolling down Memory Lane.

Anyway, Biden limited his statement to employer-provided plans, which have never been affected by the ACA (except to provide better coverage). Again, a true statement that will be falsely labeled a lie by wingers.

D

Deleted member 21794

That familiar pledge, made repeatedly over several years by former President Barack Obama, was named the 2013 "Lie of the Year" by fact-checking website Politifact, as millions of individuals lost their private insurance -- and had to switch to costlier options -- due to changes mandated by the Affordable Care Act.

On Monday, Democratic presidential frontrunner Joe Biden unveiled his own health care plan, and issued a similar-sounding promise while speaking at a presidential forum sponsored by AARP in Des Moines, Iowa.

"I give people the option," Biden said, after dismissing his opponents' "Medicare-for-all" proposals, which would eliminate private health insurance entirely. "If you like your health care plan, your employer-based plan, you can keep it."

Biden added: "You get full coverage, and you can stay with your plan if you like it. You can stay with your employer-based plan, or you can move on. I think it's the quickest, most reasonable, rational and best way to get to universal coverage."

It was a lie then, it's a lie now. Crazy Uncle Joe is too stupid to realize that.
Lying is a positive trait to DemocRATS, so this whopper should boost his credibility.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Marcus - How does the ACA LAW DIRECTLY AFFECT YOU ? It did not affect me but my son uses it for his healthcare ?

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
Marcus - How does the ACA LAW DIRECTLY AFFECT YOU ? It did not affect me but my son uses it for his healthcare ?
So, we can only discuss topics that directly affect us personally? Hmmm...I've looked, but I dont see that on the rules list. Perhaps you could point it out to me?

D

Deleted member 21794

The topic is Joe Biden making another silly claim. Knowing it was a lie when Obama said it, out once again raises questions about Joe Biden.

Dino

Russian Asset
Some plans always “go away.” Every year. It was always thus. Insurers make such business decisions. They always have and they always will.

But did the ACA specifically provide that then-existing plans could remain if insurers so choose? You betcha. It was a completely true statement made by Obama in 2009, which was bizarrely chosen as the “lie of the year for 2013.” Downright irrational.

P.S. One thing we know for sure - if the GOP succeeds in destroying the ACA, millions of people will lose the coverage they like.
I see why’d think Obama told the truth here, because you can’t read.
Obama wasn’t telling “insurers” they could keep their plan. He wasn’t trying to reassure “insurers”. He was speaking to the INSURED.

He was telling them they could keep their plan. But under ACA many could not.
That’s what made 0bama’s statements, made multiple times in multiple ways, a total lie.

Lefties will fall for it again, no doubt in my mind, as evidenced below by the Mayor himself. LOL

Ah, the “lie of the year” for 2013, which was actually a completely true statement Obama made in 2009 about the ACA grandfathering provision. Strolling down Memory Lane.

Anyway, Biden limited his statement to employer-provided plans, which have never been affected by the ACA (except to provide better coverage). Again, a true statement that will be falsely labeled a lie by wingers.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I see why’d think Obama told the truth here, because you can’t read.
Obama wasn’t telling “insurers” they could keep their plan. He wasn’t trying to reassure “insurers”. He was speaking to the INSURED.

He was telling them they could keep their plan. But under ACA many could not.
That’s what made 0bama’s statements, made multiple times in multiple ways, a total lie.
Nonsense. He was telling everybody - insureds and insurers - that they could keep their plans because that’s precisely what the ACA grandfathering provision said they could do.

Dino

Russian Asset
Nonsense. He was telling everybody - insureds and insurers - that they could keep their plans because that’s precisely what the ACA grandfathering provision said they could do.
He told them that, knowing it was false. Very few were grandfathered. People wanting to keep their doctor or plan had reality smack them in the face despite Obama promises.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*

F.U. I did not get to keep my 215.00 plan and was forced to take a 562.00 plan from a BANKRUPT CRAPPY ASSED California based healthcare plan that won't cover my treatment. All I get bis denied coverage letters, so F.U. I wish you would quit lying. You and I both know that you are lying. I am an Obamacare victim. I think I should sue the Obama for doing this to me...So F.U. you lying bastard.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Lefties do tend to “fall for” honesty.

Something that you’ll never grasp.

;-)
F.U. I got effed by Obamacare...Could not keep my plan...Went from 215.00 UDS. to 562.00 and now get coverage denial letter cuz Obamacare wont treat me.

Total equity
US$1.337 billion (2017)[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molina_Healthcare

Face it Obama did not know what the hell he was doing and he effed the American people. Obamacare forces you to choose between paying rent or eating.