• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Possible reason a Surgeon General hasn't been approved

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
I tend to believe what is said on Meet the Press, as they have guests on their that would refute a bold faced lie. Maybe I am too trusting.

But this morning they interviewed Marsh Blackburn who I am guessing is a Republican congress person. She said the Republican majority House of Representatives passed 387 bills that are sitting on Harry Reids desk untouched. She said 98% of them are bipartisan and 298 are "veto proof".

Maybe Harry Reid could put up a few of those for vote in the Senate in return for approval of a Surgeon General.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
I tend to believe what is said on Meet the Press, as they have guests on their that would refute a bold faced lie. Maybe I am too trusting.

But this morning they interviewed Marsh Blackburn who I am guessing is a Republican congress person. She said the Republican majority House of Representatives passed 387 bills that are sitting on Harry Reids desk untouched. She said 98% of them are bipartisan and 298 are "veto proof".

Maybe Harry Reid could put up a few of those for vote in the Senate in return for approval of a Surgeon General.
And why would you believe her?
Here's a better reason. The NRA and Republicans blocked his nomination a year ago because of their lust for guns and he didn't meet their criteria. If they hadn't done that, there wouldn't be any worry about not having one, and why should the republicans expect the democrats to sign any bill they put on Harry Reid's desk when all they can do is block anything the democrats put out there? 98% of them are bipartisan...LOLOL When have the republican's ever been bipartisan about anything. You can better believe, if Ted Nugent were the nominee, the Republicans would pass it immediately.

Their boy lost in 2012 and they decided then and there that they would make it as hard for Obama as possible, and they have. If you want to believe her, have at it. But I'd like to know what you think about them blocking a man a year ago that was highly qualified.

Last edited:

Jen

Senator

Harry Reid is the cause of nothing being done by our Congress.
The only plausible reason for Reid to stall bills is so Obama can make speeches vilifying the do-nothing Republicans..............when, in fact, it is the do-nothing Harry Reid.

What Marsh Blackburn said is fact.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Harry Reid is the cause of nothing being done by our Congress.
The only plausible reason for Reid to stall bills is so Obama can make speeches vilifying the do-nothing Republicans..............when, in fact, it is the do-nothing Harry Reid.

What Marsh Blackburn said is fact.
Like these FACTS she tried to conjure up about Obamacare? Sarah Palin doesn't have anything on Marsh Blackburn. Watch this clip and see how she won't answer a question that she obviously has lied about. At the end...she pulled a real Sarah by saying "there were others" when during the whole interview she wouldn't give any information that the commentator asked of her. She just said the same thing over and over without addressing the question. FUNNY STUFF. She sounds a lot like you, Jen.

Jen

Senator
Like these FACTS she tried to conjure up about Obamacare? Sarah Palin doesn't have anything on Marsh Blackburn. Watch this clip and see how she won't answer a question that she obviously has lied about. At the end...she pulled a real Sarah by saying "there were others" when during the whole interview she wouldn't give any information that the commentator asked of her. She just said the same thing over and over without addressing the question. FUNNY STUFF. She sounds a lot like you, Jen.

Thanks for the comment, Nina. And I am sure everyone is glad you brought Sarah Palin into the conversation. :rolleyes:

Bugsy McGurk

President

She's full of shit, of course. Marsha Blackburn is one of the most dishonest people in history. A true challenge would be finding anything she says that's true.

Not that Harry Reid (or Obama) should have to "trade" anything to get a surgeon general. The surgeon general serves all Americans. It reminds me of the Pugs' threats to default the country if their demands are not met - extortion, pure and simple.

Jen

Senator

Keep in mind that Democrats support Harry Reid sitting on ALL bills coming from the House but whine incessantly (see this thread) when someone that only they like can't be streamlined into place.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member

When 3-4 House Dems vote for a bill GOPs call that "bipartisan". This is the same House GOP majority that voted 50 times to repeal Obamacare and voted to shutdown the government.

Bugsy McGurk

President
When 3-4 House Dems vote for a bill GOPs call that "bipartisan". This is the same House GOP majority that voted 50 times to repeal Obamacare and voted to shutdown the government.
The whole concept is ludicrous. Why would Harry Reid block 298 bills that are veto-proof? That means massive supermajorities in both the House and the Senate.

But it does appear that some people will buy Blackburn's lies, no matter how outlandish they are.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Thanks for the comment, Nina. And I am sure everyone is glad you brought Sarah Palin into the conversation. :rolleyes:
Who is "Everyone"? I speak for my self. And if you bother to look at the clip I provided you would see why I brought up Palin. Her non-answer to a simple question was avoided because she didn't know the answer She was LYING. Never mind, I know how well you watch video clips and relate what was said. You just make up crap that suits your purpose...just like this congresswoman was doing. She was asked umpteen times to name something on that website that she claimed was there and she couldn't do it. At the end, she said...Oh there are some. Then why in bloody hell didn't she say what they were??

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
The whole concept is ludicrous. Why would Harry Reid block 298 bills that are veto-proof? That means massive supermajorities in both the House and the Senate.

But it does appear that some people will buy Blackburn's lies, no matter how outlandish they are.
That congresswoman obviously is related to the Wasilla bimbo. Their answers to simple questions are pretty much alike....they just rattle on about something else to avoid the question.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Seems the Ebola scare is winding down, Jen...WTH are you going to be bitching about tomorrow? Maybe you can go back to Benghazi or ISIS or Obama's tee time just as fillers until some other crisis pops up that sets you off again.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
And why would you believe her?
Here's a better reason. The NRA and Republicans blocked his nomination a year ago because of their lust for guns and he didn't meet their criteria. If they hadn't done that, there wouldn't be any worry about not having one, and why should the republicans expect the democrats to sign any bill they put on Harry Reid's desk when all they can do is block anything the democrats put out there? 98% of them are bipartisan...LOLOL When have the republican's ever been bipartisan about anything. You can better believe, if Ted Nugent were the nominee, the Republicans would pass it immediately.

Their boy lost in 2012 and they decided then and there that they would make it as hard for Obama as possible, and they have. If you want to believe her, have at it. But I'd like to know what you think about them blocking a man a year ago that was highly qualified.

Looks like you are describing a highly partisan choice for surgeon general.

I would think to get a surgeon general past the House you would have to pick someone in the middle politically. Or make a deal to get some of the House approved bill passed.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
She's full of shit, of course. Marsha Blackburn is one of the most dishonest people in history. A true challenge would be finding anything she says that's true.

Not that Harry Reid (or Obama) should have to "trade" anything to get a surgeon general. The surgeon general serves all Americans. It reminds me of the Pugs' threats to default the country if their demands are not met - extortion, pure and simple.
The first thing both sides and any president needs to do is recognize Congress persons as human beings and talk to them with respect. Until that happens a trade for political favors is the only thing that would work. In order for a president and surgeon general to server the entire public they have to work and govern from the middle, as the country is split right down the middle.

Bugsy McGurk

President
The first thing both sides and any president needs to do is recognize Congress persons as human beings and talk to them with respect. Until that happens a trade for political favors is the only thing that would work. In order for a president and surgeon general to server the entire public they have to work and govern from the middle, as the country is split right down the middle.
First, the Pugs have no interest in compromise or "the middle." Their knew jerk reaction is to always oppose what Obama wants, even if the GOP wanted it before Obama did.

But we are not talking about governing here - from the middle or otherwise. Legislation is governing. We're talking about Obama having the team he wants to exercise the executive functions within his control. Allowing Congress (Senate Pugs really) to dictate such things means the whole system has broken down. It has - the GOP cult is destroying what America has always stood for.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

Wow....she's laughable.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
1. So it is only the president who is required to show respect to Congress and not the other way around?
2. What is it that makes the President's appointment extreme? You realize it is the NRA and Rand Paul who are holding it up? The Surgeon General has no authority to do anything related to guns....they are against him simply because he has an opinion they don't like....so much for the 1st amendment.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
First, the Pugs have no interest in compromise or "the middle." Their knew jerk reaction is to always oppose what Obama wants, even if the GOP wanted it before Obama did.

But we are not talking about governing here - from the middle or otherwise. Legislation is governing. We're talking about Obama having the team he wants to exercise the executive functions within his control. Allowing Congress (Senate Pugs really) to dictate such things means the whole system has broken down. It has - the GOP cult is destroying what America has always stood for.
So no give and take. Looks like 2 more years of nothing happening which to be honest is good because we have enough laws on the books already.

Bugsy McGurk

President
So no give and take. Looks like 2 more years of nothing happening which to be honest is good because we have enough laws on the books already.
This is about more than "new laws." This is about the functioning of the executive agency too. Sabotage of executive functioning is obviously contrary to the national interest, especially when it comes to public health.

Bugsy McGurk

President
1. So it is only the president who is required to show respect to Congress and not the other way around?
2. What is it that makes the President's appointment extreme? You realize it is the NRA and Rand Paul who are holding it up? The Surgeon General has no authority to do anything related to guns....they are against him simply because he has an opinion they don't like....so much for the 1st amendment.
He actually committed two "mortal sins" in the GOP's book:

1. He supports the ACA, and

2. He noted the undeniable - that gun violence is a public health issue.

The Senate Pugs demand a nominee who opposes the ACA and denies reality.