• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Pres Obama visited all 50 states

fairsheet

Senator
...counting his visit to South Dakota today. how precious is this letter?

This takes me back to the early-60's. Back then, we kids "loved" Pres. Kennedy, but LBJ?...not so much. As we were just children, this had nothing to do with their respective politics by the way. The loss of that feeling when JFK was killed, was palpable.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
This takes me back to the early-60's. Back then, we kids "loved" Pres. Kennedy, but LBJ?...not so much. As we were just children, this had nothing to do with their respective politics by the way. The loss of that feeling when JFK was killed, was palpable.
I've got a few years on you so we all looked up to President Dwight Eisenhower. yes, my parents were Dems, but, of course, they taught us to respect our president.

Caroljo

Senator
that's what cons do, isn't it? act like children....OMG...really? Lol!.....and trash a child who shows some caring for our president.

he never said "57," missy.
I didn't trash the child...I just don't think he wrote it all by himself. I think it was more the parents idea.

And yes, he did say 57 states.....I never said it wasn't a mistake, but he did say it. Poor guy was so tired......

At a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon, in May 2008, Obama claimed to have visited 57 U.S. states during the campaign. The excuse from the Obama loving media about the 57 states gaffe? “He was tired”.
http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/classic-obama-gaffes-and-admissions/obama-57-states/

Caroljo

Senator
Ms. Caroljo,

You beat me to it. Although, according to Jules, he never said 57 states when he said he has visited 57 states.
Well...I gave her the link, if she still doesn't want to believe it, no skin off my back. I love hose they make excuses for his gaffe though....he was "tired"...oh boo hoo! Lol!

fairsheet

Senator
My parents were always Dems too....until Carter became president.
My mother was a Republican until "The Civil Rights Act of 1964". As I've noted before, Republicans of her stripe were especially taken aback not just but by the Dixiecrats, but by the very real racism that existed within urban, northern, Democratic cities. Once LBJ and the Democrats so decidedly shed that mantle and the Republicans so willingly scooped it up, her switch only made perfect sense!

On a similar note, when I attended WSU back in the mid-70's, a lot of my friends came from E. Washington farms. They were ALL Democrats. I guess you'd call them "FDR Democrats" in that it was all about what FDR did for ag. during and post the depression. Alas, when Reagan came along, they all switched to the Republican Party and I imagine anyone around here younger than about 40, assumes that's the way it's always been!

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I didn't trash the child...I just don't think he wrote it all by himself. I think it was more the parents idea.

And yes, he did say 57 states.....I never said it wasn't a mistake, but he did say it. Poor guy was so tired......

At a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon, in May 2008, Obama claimed to have visited 57 U.S. states during the campaign. The excuse from the Obama loving media about the 57 states gaffe? “He was tired”.
http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/classic-obama-gaffes-and-admissions/obama-57-states/
yeah, the kid was a girl.....you didn't even know that.....but that didn't stop you from trashing the child.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
I've got a few years on you so we all looked up to President Dwight Eisenhower. yes, my parents were Dems, but, of course, they taught us to respect our president.
respect the office,,the employee [who comes and goes] needs to earn our respect...

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
My mother was a Republican until "The Civil Rights Act of 1964". As I've noted before, Republicans of her stripe were especially taken aback not just but by the Dixiecrats, but by the very real racism that existed within urban, northern, Democratic cities. Once LBJ and the Democrats so decidedly shed that mantle and the Republicans so willingly scooped it up, her switch only made perfect sense!

On a similar note, when I attended WSU back in the mid-70's, a lot of my friends came from E. Washington farms. They were ALL Democrats. I guess you'd call them "FDR Democrats" in that it was all about what FDR did for ag. during and post the depression. Alas, when Reagan came along, they all switched to the Republican Party and I imagine anyone around here younger than about 40, assumes that's the way it's always been!
it wasnt about race,,it was all about economics...

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/10/magazine/10Section2b.t-4.html?_r=1&

fairsheet

Senator
JFK and his wife and children, made us feel like we were part of something historically/spiritually unique and god-inspired. LBJ brought us back to earth...and the realization that however unfulfilling "democracy" might be, it was the best there was.