• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Productive Saturday

freyasman

Senator
Slept late this morning, didn't get up till 5:30. Had some coffee and then made breakfast for the family, did an oil change on the Harley, ran some errands, including picking up a new Larry Correia novel, and just got done cleaning and prepping the grill. Doing some burgers later and I intend to have a cigar and a few beers while I cook.
This will hopefully be the last time I do this here in the middle of H-town..... I'm closing on a little country house out to the west of here in a couple weeks, fingers crossed. Not as remote as I'd like, but a big ass yard for the grandkid and the mastiff dogs I'll be raising out there, got a garage that will fit my weight pile, my heavy and speed bags, and my Dyna.
It's a decent enough compromise with my head cook and dishwasher, AKA: mi esposa.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah. Congrats on the move to better grounds.

I was up at 6:30. Made a pot of coffee, bought donuts and made a plate of bacon for breakfast. I am the only coffee drinker in my house. Typed up an attendee list for a Civil War group tour of Vicksburg next month that I organized. Bought groceries and mowed the swamp lawn at my house. Watching Baylor vs. Rice right now.

freyasman

Senator
So how did the move go.
This is a lot of yard to mow.

But I've already had one family gathering out here, small one, but still, it was real nice to sit down to a table surrounded by members of my tribe and eat. And then to go out and watch the kids play in the yard while we had a few cold ones.
I'm wanting to make it a regular weekly thing to get as many of my people together as I can. Family is everything.