• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Proof That Gun's Don't Kill People.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Fig.. taking back my like I gave you, sorry.. I misread your post.. I didn't see that the driver had the car in Park.. sorry.. otherwise -- to me that would have shown lack of responsibility. :oops: Also assuming the ignition key was removed. :p

Figjam

Mayor
Fig.. taking back my like I gave you, sorry.. I misread your post.. I didn't see that the driver had the car in Park.. sorry.. otherwise -- to me that would have shown lack of responsibility. :oops: Also assuming the ignition key was removed. :p
...my car has no ignition "key" - just left it running in the driveway to see if it would drive itself away and run down innocent people - alas, or, thank goodness, it did not - unlike the car in Venice Beach CA this past weekend.

Wahbooz

Governor
Yeah, I'll do that, guy; I'll ask the cop I know who keeps (at least) 2 loaded pistols stashed in spots around his house so he can get to them in an emergency :rolleyes:. The comment MV posted, that I took exception to, and that you supported, was that the top poster's property should be "confiscated" from him for an act that broke no laws and hurt no one.... that is called STEALING. People who come onto other people's property and try to steal from them get shot quite often; that's not me threatening you (you dumbass), it's an observation. If I told you that folks who go outside when it's raining get wet, would you say I was threatening to pour water on you?
You don't seem to understand that you can't take any action against someone for harm they might cause; you have to wait until there has actually been some harm done. Why is this so hard to understand? When something does happen, I'll be the first one screaming for action to be taken, but if no harm has been done yet then SHUT UP AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.
Wow, stashaed around his house. Not out in the open.

Mind my own business? You linked to me. Maybe you need to mind your own damned business.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
...my car has no ignition "key" - just left it running in the driveway to see if it would drive itself away and run down innocent people - alas, or, thank goodness, it did not - unlike the car in Venice Beach CA this past weekend.

wasnt the DRIVER of that auto arrested and charged?
didnt witnesses say he hit people intentionally?

a human used the auto as a weapon..he killed one and injured several others...

freyasman

Senator
Wow, stashaed around his house. Not out in the open.

Mind my own business? You linked to me. Maybe you need to mind your own damned business.
Oh HELL no.... I linked to you? I responded to one of MV's posts and then you came along and got involved, and that's fine, come on in, share your thoughts. But now your claiming that I linked to you? I'm calling bullshit on you Wahbooz..... AGAIN.
Now, are you still going to claim that people who don't store their guns in a manner approved of by you, should have them confiscated? Or are you done with that ridiculous idea?

Z

zzigzzag

Just wondering if this is the way all responsible gun owners pamper their guns..
Leaving them unattended.. seems quite the opposite to me.. :rolleyes:
That's what I was thinking. Sarge inadvertently presents a perfect example of a "responsible gun owner"....one who hasn't lost track of his gun or killed anybody yet.

Wahbooz

Governor
Oh HELL no.... I linked to you? I responded to one of MV's posts and then you came along and got involved, and that's fine, come on in, share your thoughts. But now your claiming that I linked to you? I'm calling bullshit on you Wahbooz..... AGAIN.
Now, are you still going to claim that people who don't store their guns in a manner approved of by you, should have them confiscated? Or are you done with that ridiculous idea?
Ok, that was my mistake. But as you said, this is an open forum, and if you have the right to express yourself, so do others.

In a manner approved by me? Is my name NRA??? Is my name the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security? I don't think so, chump. If you have a problem with either one of those, talk to them.

I have absolutely no problem with someone having a firearm conficated from them if they pose a threat to others. And don't try to tell me that your LEO neighbor, "stashing his firearm" in his house is the same as someone leaving a loaded firearm out where it could be grabbed by just anyone. There is no way either situation is the same. Leaving a firearm out in the open to be picked up is not the same as "stashing".

And one last thing, before I forget this bullshit. If you think "discourages" does not mean that, you should read a code book sometime. If you see BOCA, or the local building department, "discourages" you better believe you best not.

Get off your damned high horse, because the top post is the kind of shit that makes it difficult for all firearms owners, and gives us a bad damned name. But then maybe you're so selfishly scared of your 'constitutional rights' to see common sense.

freyasman

Senator
Ok, that was my mistake. But as you said, this is an open forum, and if you have the right to express yourself, so do others.

In a manner approved by me? Is my name NRA??? Is my name the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security? I don't think so, chump. If you have a problem with either one of those, talk to them.

I have absolutely no problem with someone having a firearm conficated from them if they pose a threat to others. And don't try to tell me that your LEO neighbor, "stashing his firearm" in his house is the same as someone leaving a loaded firearm out where it could be grabbed by just anyone. There is no way either situation is the same. Leaving a firearm out in the open to be picked up is not the same as "stashing".

And one last thing, before I forget this bullshit. If you think "discourages" does not mean that, you should read a code book sometime. If you see BOCA, or the local building department, "discourages" you better believe you best not.

Get off your damned high horse, because the top post is the kind of shit that makes it difficult for all firearms owners, and gives us a bad damned name. But then maybe you're so selfishly scared of your 'constitutional rights' to see common sense.
You do sanctimonious, self-righteousness better than just about anyone on this board, you know that? Go back and read post 27, and read the link this time. Maybe you'll get it this time around. And BTW, I don't give a shit what some government agency "advocates", "advises", or "discourages"; if someone is in compliance with the law, the LAW, not some power-tripping bureaucrat's advice, then their possessions cannot be "confiscated". They can be stolen, but that is a violation of that individual's right to due process. But hey, you don't give a shit about folks rights, do you? The only people whose rights deserve to be respected are the folks who toe your line. If they don't agree with you or they do or say something you don't agree with, then [Unwelcome language removed] them and all their rights. Like I said before, that's a sorry-ass attitude....

Wahbooz

Governor
You do sanctimonious, self-righteousness better than just about anyone on this board, you know that? Go back and read post 27, and read the link this time. Maybe you'll get it this time around. And BTW, I don't give a shit what some government agency "advocates", "advises", or "discourages"; if someone is in compliance with the law, the LAW, not some power-tripping bureaucrat's advice, then their possessions cannot be "confiscated". They can be stolen, but that is a violation of that individual's right to due process. But hey, you don't give a shit about folks rights, do you? The only people whose rights deserve to be respected are the folks who toe your line. If they don't agree with you or they do or say something you don't agree with, then **** them and all their rights. Like I said before, that's a sorry-ass attitude....
There you go again, if they don't agree with me. You live in some alternate universe, my man, whether you know it or not. That government agency, that advocates, advises, or discourages, is the purpose behind this country. We happen to be a country of laws, dumbass, whether you like it or not.

You know what, you're a f***ing waste of time.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Yeah, I'll do that, guy; I'll ask the cop I know who keeps (at least) 2 loaded pistols stashed in spots around his house so he can get to them in an emergency :rolleyes:. The comment MV posted, that I took exception to, and that you supported, was that the top poster's property should be "confiscated" from him for an act that broke no laws and hurt no one.... that is called STEALING. People who come onto other people's property and try to steal from them get shot quite often; that's not me threatening you (you dumbass), it's an observation. If I told you that folks who go outside when it's raining get wet, would you say I was threatening to pour water on you?
You don't seem to understand that you can't take any action against someone for harm they might cause; you have to wait until there has actually been some harm done. Why is this so hard to understand? When something does happen, I'll be the first one screaming for action to be taken, but if no harm has been done yet then SHUT UP AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.
Right....unattended guns, meaning out in the open and accessible to anyone walking by, aren't a problem. Nobody's business but the owner of the gun...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/08/secret-service-detail-leaves-gun-unattended-on-romneys-charter-flight/

Then there is this...

In November, an Orange County judge convicted Haynes of improperly storing a firearm, a second-degree misdemeanor. The judge chose to withhold adjudication, meaning there is no conviction on Haynes' record. Haynes, who had been on unpaid leave since November 2010, resigned from the police department about a week later.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20120131/NEWS/120139857?p=2&tc=pg

freyasman

Senator
There you go again, if they don't agree with me. You live in some alternate universe, my man, whether you know it or not. That government agency, that advocates, advises, or discourages, is the purpose behind this country. We happen to be a country of laws, dumbass, whether you like it or not.

You know what, you're a f***ing waste of time.
One of us is.... but it ain't me.

Wahbooz

Governor
Right....unattended guns, meaning out in the open and accessible to anyone walking by, aren't a problem. Nobody's business but the owner of the gun...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/08/secret-service-detail-leaves-gun-unattended-on-romneys-charter-flight/

Then there is this...

In November, an Orange County judge convicted Haynes of improperly storing a firearm, a second-degree misdemeanor. The judge chose to withhold adjudication, meaning there is no conviction on Haynes' record. Haynes, who had been on unpaid leave since November 2010, resigned from the police department about a week later.

Laws don't matter, didn't you know that?

freyasman

Senator

Then there is this...

If you see one, secure it, clear it, and call the cops and give it to them. Now, if you have to walk across someone's front yard, up onto their porch, and reach into the doorway of their house to do so, (all without the owner's permission) don't be a bit surprised if you get charged with trespassing and larceny. The scenario posited in the OP would require all of this before someone could access the firearm. And, just because I'm curious, ya'll do get that all of this is beside the point right?

freyasman

Senator
Believe me, you are.
You can't even focus on the point of the original post, you crotchety old dumbass LOL. You've been arguing a tangential point on a hypothetical scenario for 2 days now :rolleyes:. I tried to point that out to you 2-3 times, but you insisted on acting like a jack-ass....

Wahbooz

Governor
You can't even focus on the point of the original post, you crotchety old dumbass LOL. You've been arguing a tangential point on a hypothetical scenario for 2 days now :rolleyes:. I tried to point that out to you 2-3 times, but you insisted on acting like a jack-ass....
Bullshit. Go back and read your original post, and my response to it. You took the whole damn thing personal, as if it was an infringement on your rights, rather than it being an exercise in if someone was stupid enough to do such a thing. And you even went so far as tosay you didn't care what any government agency says.

Keep trying, frey, but you're wasting your time. You claimed there was nothing wrong with the scenario in the TP, inspite of what the NRA safety handbook says, as well as the DoS&HS says. So you continue to act like a jackass.

freyasman

Senator
Bullshit. Go back and read your original post, and my response to it. You took the whole damn thing personal, as if it was an infringement on your rights, rather than it being an exercise in if someone was stupid enough to do such a thing. And you even went so far as tosay you didn't care what any government agency says.

Keep trying, frey, but you're wasting your time. You claimed there was nothing wrong with the scenario in the TP, inspite of what the NRA safety handbook says, as well as the DoS&HS says. So you continue to act like a jackass.
No, I said it was stupid, and agreed with MV that it was irresponsible, but I also pointed out that neither of these things is justification for the confiscation of private property. Now, if and when some harm is done, then action can be taken. But in the absence of any harm you can't just go take someone's property from them; that's stealing. You posted earlier that we are a nation of laws, but no law allows what you're advocating, guy.