• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Prosecutor of Derek Chauvin might have been duped into causing massive civil unrest

Mr. Friscus

Governor
So amidst all the political, media, and societal pressure, Chauvin's charge was upped from a 3rd degree to a 2nd degree murder charge.

Let's get some 101 out of the way here:

1. Charges have defined parameters in which you have to meet to get a guilty verdict.
2. Elevating the charge doesn't mean you take the crime any more seriously.
3. If you miss on an elevated charge, you took a risk that didn't work out for you, and it's your fault.

In order to get 2nd degree murder, you'd have to prove that Chauvin intended to kill George Floyd. Given all the evidence, it appears Chauvin had disregard for human life, and his criminal negligence caused a death. That's 3rd degree murder.

However, now that the charge has been upped to 2nd degree.. guess what? Chauvin could be acquitted by law of that crime. And who would that be blamed on?

1. Not the Democrat police unions who ensured he wouldn't lose his job despite a number of alarming instances on his record.
2. Not on the prosecuter who succumbed to emotion rather than reason...

No...

It's be America's fault. White Americans, in particular. It'll be all of us who don't kneel and beg for forgiveness for sins of our forefathers... conspiring and "in on it". The message would be that we all are fine with Floyd's death, which is such an evil, dispicable message to fling onto others, as it's observably untrue.

The Prosecutor here is reckless, and he's going to only cause more buildings to burn and innocent lives to be lost if he doesn't get his risky elevation of charges. Why he wants to play loose with society and human lives in beyond me... unless it's cryptically intentional...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
So amidst all the political, media, and societal pressure, Chauvin's charge was upped from a 3rd degree to a 2nd degree murder charge.

1. Charges have defined parameters in which you have to meet to get a guilty verdict.
3. If you miss on an elevated charge, you took a risk that didn't work out for you, and it's your fault.

In order to get 2nd degree murder, you'd have to prove that Chauvin intended to kill George Floyd. Given all the evidence, it appears Chauvin had disregard for human life, and his criminal negligence caused a death. That's 3rd degree murder.

However, now that the charge has been upped to 2nd degree.. guess what? Chauvin could be acquitted by law of that crime. And who would that be blamed on?

1. Not the Democrat police unions who ensured he wouldn't lose his job despite a number of alarming instances on his record.

No...

It's be America's fault. White Americans, in particular. It'll be all of us who don't kneel and beg for forgiveness for sins of our forefathers... conspiring and "in on it". The message would be that we all are fine with Floyd's death, which is such an evil, dispicable message to fling onto others, as it's observably untrue.

The Prosecutor here is reckless, and he's going to only cause more buildings to burn and innocent lives to be lost if he doesn't get his risky elevation of charges. Why he wants to play loose with society and human lives in beyond me... unless it's cryptically intentional...
2nd degree murder in Minnesota includes:
Killing a human intentionally, but without premeditation (not thinking about or preparing for before)
Causing a death unintentionally, while intentionally inflicting or attempting to inflict great physical harm on the victim

No...

Overzealous prosecutors and cops, urged on by hysterical left-wing media, often shoot themselves in the foot this way. If they overcharge the officer, he very likely will be acquitted. The morons will scream racism, but in truth, it will be prosecutorial incompetence.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
2nd degree murder in Minnesota includes:
Killing a human intentionally, but without premeditation (not thinking about or preparing for before)
Causing a death unintentionally, while intentionally inflicting or attempting to inflict great physical harm on the victim
That second portion is a big risk and could get you into trouble if you're going for a 2nd degree murder charge.

If Chauvin's intent is to pin him down, then his intent is by definition to NOT simply hurt him. He could easily be seen as not guilty of that crime. Never say never, but geez.. to risk it all on a hope, especially knowing that if you don't get 2nd degree, BLM, rioters, etc. will probably riot even more (and more innocent people will die)... and that would be on the prosecutor, and seemingly you.

Why leave it up to a jury? You have 3rd degree murder.. it's going to ruin him.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Overzealous prosecutors and cops, urged on by hysterical left-wing media, often shoot themselves in the foot this way. If they overcharge the officer, he very likely will be acquitted. The morons will scream racism, but in truth, it will be prosecutorial incompetence.
We've already refused to look at the people who allowed Chauvin to have a badge to begin with... Democrat politicians in Minnesota and Police Unions.

Why they aren't being blamed, but white people thousands of miles away are expected to accept responsibility because of their skin color is beyond me.

It's like watching an abused woman fall in love with her abuser and apologize for miscooking the steak that got her the beating she received.

No...

MN laws are little different parameters then most States, with those parameters I think he can get a conviction. Personally I hope he pleads guilty and spares the country even the possibility of being acquitted but that is just me.

Where I think they overstepped is in what he has charged the other three cops with, that will be tough to prove.

It's like watching an abused woman fall in love with her abuser and apologize for miscooking the steak that got her the beating she received.
That's a good analogy. Further, in that scenario, the media blames the company that manufactured the oven that burned the steak.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
MN laws are little different parameters then most States, with those parameters I think he can get a conviction. Personally I hope he pleads guilty and spares the country even the possibility of being acquitted but that is just me.

Where I think they overstepped is in what he has charged the other three cops with, that will be tough to prove.
There's a part of me that hopes you're right. I'm all for people getting what they deserve under the justice of the law.

I just hope this prosecutor didn't go from 100% certain on the likelihood of a conviction on a 3rd degree charge to 50% likelihood on a 2nd degree charge. We can copy and paste law on boards all the time, but from what I can tell the interpretation of the law is usually far more complex than what an outsider reads.

If he swings and misses, he'll be the idiot, but as I said, others will be blamed.