• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Psilocybin mushrooms have positive effects

Liberty77

Council Member
According to a new study at least:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/09/29/bloomberg_articlesLS96451A74E9.DTL

Psilocybin, or "magic mushrooms," can make people more open in their feelings and aesthetic sensibilities, conferring on them a lasting personality change, according to a study by Johns Hopkins researchers.

People who had mystic experiences while taking the mushrooms were more likely to show increases in a personality trait dubbed "openness," which is related to creativity, artistic appreciation and curiosity, according to the study in the Journal of Psychopharmacology. The change was still in place a year later, suggesting a long-term effect.

G

Greenridgeman

Don't know what the active ingredient was, but we used to eat pasture mushrooms and get wrecked. I don't even remember who I trusted to pick the right ones. I've seen them drive people stone cold mad, into the ER. I just got good and high, but wouldn't do it again. I don't think I'd do any heavy psychedelic again.
I'm ready for a genetically manipulated peach that has a 25% THC content.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

LightningTop

Council Member
Don't know what the active ingredient was, but we used to eat pasture mushrooms and get wrecked. I don't even remember who I trusted to pick the right ones. I've seen them drive people stone cold mad, into the ER. I just got good and high, but wouldn't do it again. I don't think I'd do any heavy psychedelic again.
I'm ready for a genetically manipulated peach that has a 25% THC content.

Yeah, that's the ticket.
I sure hope that the guy that you trusted to pick them, you can trust with your life.

I think magic mushrooms are getting unnecessary flak because a lot of people try them without really knowing if the mushrooms that they're taking are safe or not.

It's also important that you take them in small doses, which itself is a challenge because it's really hard to measure the level of psilocybin in a single mushroom. But the size, age and strain of the mushroom is a good indicator for experienced users.

In smaller doses, you'll basically get the same effects as that of marijuana. On the other hand, higher doses will give off the effects similar to that of LSD. Source: effects of magic mushrooms

I just found out that the term "berserk" is related to magic mushrooms. Berserkers were warriors who fought in a trance-like state. It's been said that this is because they take magic mushrooms before every battle.

fairsheet

Senator
Arsenic can have positive effects. Snake venom can have positive effects. So can benzine, carbon monoxide, and sodium pentathol.

Still....their application is probably best left to the "professionals"!

gabriel

Governor
so youve had this need for an intoxicant crutch for quite some time? your reality must have been fairly uninspiring.