• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Psychiatry group tells members they can defy ‘Goldwater rule’ and comment on Trump’s mental health

I understand the reasoning behind the Goldwater rule. Yet doctors in other fields of medicine -- without examining public figures, often weigh in. But they do have to clarify, they haven't personally examined that particular person.
The ones who value their professional reputations don't do that.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Of course I disagree. It's ridiculous.
I take it then, you think Trump's behavior is normal and those that ridicule his constant habit of lying and see him as always being fixated on himself... are wrong. It's considered normal by you... got it.

I take it then, you think Trump's behavior is normal and those that ridicule his constant habit of lying and see him as always being fixated on himself... are wrong. It's considered normal by you... got it.
What makes you think I believe that? Did you forget the question you asked me?

Evidently, you don't watch Dr. Gupta(neuro surgeon) or some of the other renowned doctors giving their medical assessments on TV.
No, I don't watch any TV doctors, and I stand by the statement that any medical "professional" who diagnoses a person without examining them is a quack and a con artist.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
What makes you think I believe that? Did you forget the question you asked me?
It was in response to this.

Addy said:
So, would you agree or disagree that expert psychiatrists are capable of making an accurate diagnosis of Trump(be it from afar) solely by observing his ongoing behavioral traits?

Marv:

You are disagreeing a diagnosis can be made . By saying it's ridiculous. It makes me think you don't see anything out of the ordinary with Trump's behavior. There seems to be multitudes of citizens and doctors that disagree..

It was in response to this.

Addy said:
So, would you agree or disagree that expert psychiatrists are capable of making an accurate diagnosis of Trump(be it from afar) solely by observing his ongoing behavioral traits?

Marv:

You are disagreeing a diagnosis can be made . By saying it's ridiculous. It makes me think you don't see anything out of the ordinary with Trump's behavior. There seems to be multitudes of citizens and doctors that disagree..
No. The ridiculous part is that you think a psychiatrist can diagnose a patient without ever meeting him. I and others have already explained to you that's what quacks do, and no reputable doctor would even consider it.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
No. The ridiculous part is that you think a psychiatrist can diagnose a patient without ever meeting him. I and others have already explained to you that's what quacks do, and no reputable doctor would even consider it.
Actually if you think about it... most of us(including psychiatrists) have met Trump in a general sense via his TV shows and many other communication venues.
He was/has been an entertainer for many years. We form opinions of these celebrities/politicians over a period of time, regardless if there has ever been an interpersonal relationship or not.

Rem. how you always remind of Alec Baldwin's relationship with his daughter. You have formed an opinion by observing him. You don't really know or have met him, but yet........

Actually if you think about it... most of us(including psychiatrists) have met Trump in a general sense via his TV shows and many other communication venues.
He was/has been an entertainer for many years. We form opinions of these celebrities/politicians over a period of time, regardless if there has ever been an interpersonal relationship or not.

Rem. how you always remind of Alec Baldwin's relationship with his daughter. You have formed an opinion by observing him. You don't really know or have met him, but yet........
Seeing someone on TV isn't sufficient to diagnose a medical condition. I know even you don't believe that, you're letting your hatred for Trump make you say stupid things.

Alec Baldwin is an admitted alcoholic, and has been in legal trouble for child abuse. These are documented problems, not my assessment of him from watching him on TV.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Seeing someone on TV isn't sufficient to diagnose a medical condition.
I wouldn't advise letting a doctor perform surgery based on a TV diagnosis alone, of course not.:rolleyes:
This ongoing mental/behavioral problem of Trump's is clearly visible to the naked eye and ears. :D