• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Publication of Tax Returns a Violation of Trump's Rights

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
The publication of Trump's tax returns by the New York Times is a felonious violation of Trumps right to confidentiality.
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/hans-von-spakovsky-ny-times-publication-of-trump-tax-information-violates-his-legal-right-to-confidentiality
FOX NEWS...HANNITY...OPINION...says much. About like reading Trump's tweets.
Whatsa matter...didn't like what the NYT reported? You can betcha the Dotard didn't like it. Not the 11 Billion dollar man he has claimed to be. Not the business man he proclaims to be...all those failed businesses. All that loss. For shame. No wonder he avoided the press yesterday when going to the plane taking him to his stupid Florida brag fest. What could he say when they asked him why he has always lied about his successes?

FOX NEWS...HANNITY...OPINION...says much. About like reading Trump's tweets.
Whatsa matter...didn't like what the NYT reported? You can betcha the Dotard didn't like it. Not the 11 Billion dollar man he has claimed to be. Not the business man he proclaims to be...all those failed businesses. All that loss. For shame. No wonder he avoided the press yesterday when going to the plane taking him to his stupid Florida brag fest. What could he say when they asked him why he has always lied about his successes?
A few facts for you Nina,
1. When it's a matter of law, it doesn't matter which network covers it. Facts are facts.
2. This isn't new news, Trump wrote about it himself in one of his books.
3. The Times story ignores that fact that New York city was in the middle of a giant real estate crash and everybody involved in real estate lost billions. Another one of those pesky facts.
4. That means none of it was Trump's fault.
5. This is a good example of how dishonest the Democrat owned mainstream media is. And they have you snookered. Still. You ought to be outraged at them.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
1. When it's a matter of law, it doesn't matter which network covers it. Facts are facts.
And Fox News rarely states facts....just "alternative" facts.

A fact for you...
Trump boasted about writing many books - his ghostwriter says ...

https://www.independent.co.uk › News › World › Americas › US politics

1. Cached
Jul 4, 2018 - Donald Trump has never been shy about his purported abilities or skills - whether it ... many best selling books, and somewhat priding myself on my ability to write, .... “Regardless: President Trump didn't write any of his books.
3. The Times story ignores that fact that New York city was in the middle of a giant real estate crash and everybody involved in real estate lost billions. Another one of those pesky facts.
EVERYBODY?? Are you sure about that? What about his failed businesses...his College, his Trump steaks, etc. You should look at the list Julie posted recently...it's a LONG list of failures.
And it wasn't his fault, either, that, Billy Bush "egged him on" and MADE him talk about grabbing women by the p*ssy and moving on them like a b*tch. Right?
POOR POOR Donnie.
5. This is a good example of how dishonest the Democrat owned mainstream media is. And they have you snookered. Still. You ought to be outraged at them.
LMAO....yeah, I'm OUTRAGED at them for talking about his misdeeds.
You seem OUTRAGED enough for the both of us. Your use of the term Soccermom reminds me of someone else who was enamored of Trump. What ever happened to her "relationship" with the Dotard?

llovejim

Current Champion
actually, it is not against the law for the NY Times to publish his returns, any more than for a private citizen, if given these documents, to go around telling people about it, due to their Freedom of Speech...there are limits to both freedoms, but publishing information given to you by someone else is not illegal. Ever heard of Freedom of the Press? it is weird that you use Fox to try to back up your assertion some news media did something wrong, when fox lies all the time and hardly ever admits it. for example, they lied 85 different times on the air about there ever being given "stand down orders" from anyone during the Benghazi attack. 85 freaking times....

Senate Intelligence Committee: Allegations of stand-down order not substantiated.

House Armed Services Committee Republicans, February 2014: No stand-down order issued, but there was confusion.

House Intelligence Committee: No stand-down orders issued to military or CIA response teams

https://apnews.com/d998c55adfa54dc096c2cea23051afa8

(For the record, Media Matters recorded at least 85 different primetime segments on Fox News that mentioned a "stand down" order -- and that total was as of last June.)

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
actually, it is not against the law for the NY Times to publish his returns, any more than for a private citizen, if given these documents, to go around telling people about it, due to their Freedom of Speech...there are limits to both freedoms, but publishing information given to you by someone else is not illegal. Ever heard of Freedom of the Press? it is weird that you use Fox to try to back up your assertion some news media did something wrong, when fox lies all the time and hardly ever admits it. for example, they lied 85 different times on the air about there ever being given "stand down orders" from anyone during the Benghazi attack. 85 freaking times....

Senate Intelligence Committee: Allegations of stand-down order not substantiated.

House Armed Services Committee Republicans, February 2014: No stand-down order issued, but there was confusion.

House Intelligence Committee: No stand-down orders issued to military or CIA response teams

https://apnews.com/d998c55adfa54dc096c2cea23051afa8

(For the record, Media Matters recorded at least 85 different primetime segments on Fox News that mentioned a "stand down" order -- and that total was as of last June.)
it is if it was against the law for the person you got the information from to have it, dunmbass.

Tax returns and such are private, protected property.

Live with it.

If you'd like a little reality check, go check out 26 U.S.C. §7213, which Congress passed to protect the confidentiality of the returns filed by every adult American. Section (a)(1) makes it a felony for any federal employee to disclose tax returns or “return information.” Violating this provision can land the offending bureaucrat in federal prison for up to five years and he can be fined up to $250,000 under the Alternative Fines Act (18 U.S.C. §3571).

middleview

President
Supporting Member
it is if it was against the law for the person you got the information from to have it, dunmbass.

Tax returns and such are private, protected property.

Live with it.

If you'd like a little reality check, go check out 26 U.S.C. §7213, which Congress passed to protect the confidentiality of the returns filed by every adult American. Section (a)(1) makes it a felony for any federal employee to disclose tax returns or “return information.” Violating this provision can land the offending bureaucrat in federal prison for up to five years and he can be fined up to $250,000 under the Alternative Fines Act (18 U.S.C. §3571).
And it still comes down to the fact that once given to the Times they can publish the document....if you think they should go after the source...no problem, but Trump did promise more than once to release his returns.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
And it still comes down to the fact that once given to the Times they can publish the document....if you think they should go after the source...no problem, but Trump did promise more than once to release his returns.
so, if someone gives me your credit card, I can publish the numbers, because it's not illegal to publish something someone gives me. Got it.

Or

so, if someone gives me your social security card, I can publish the numbers, because it's not illegal to publish something someone gives me. Got it.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
so, if someone gives me your credit card, I can publish the numbers, because it's not illegal to publish something someone gives me. Got it.

Or

so, if someone gives me your social security card, I can publish the numbers, because it's not illegal to publish something someone gives me. Got it.
So tell me what law is being violated?

I was on the jury for a trial related to an individual who had the names, addresses, account numbers, mortgage info...etc...He had about four pages of hand written notes. He was charged and convicted of identity theft and attempted fraud. That was because there were several fraudulent charges on one credit card at a lingerie store (the card owner was in her 70s)...

See if you can relate that to the info the Times published. Was it an attempt to steal Trump's identity? Well, no. Was it an attempt to commit fraud? Nope.

Good luck with prosecuting the NY Times.

And Fox News rarely states facts....just "alternative" facts.

A fact for you...
Trump boasted about writing many books - his ghostwriter says ...

https://www.independent.co.uk › News › World › Americas › US politics

1. Cached
Jul 4, 2018 - Donald Trump has never been shy about his purported abilities or skills - whether it ... many best selling books, and somewhat priding myself on my ability to write, .... “Regardless: President Trump didn't write any of his books.

EVERYBODY?? Are you sure about that? What about his failed businesses...his College, his Trump steaks, etc. You should look at the list Julie posted recently...it's a LONG list of failures.
And it wasn't his fault, either, that, Billy Bush "egged him on" and MADE him talk about grabbing women by the p*ssy and moving on them like a b*tch. Right?
POOR POOR Donnie.

LMAO....yeah, I'm OUTRAGED at them for talking about his misdeeds.
You seem OUTRAGED enough for the both of us. Your use of the term Soccermom reminds me of someone else who was enamored of Trump. What ever happened to her "relationship" with the Dotard?
The discussion is about the New York real estate crash and nothing else. You cannot deal with the facts so you throw in totally unrelated topics. Typical. And stupid.

Not relevant, and guess what? If Trump's tax returns can be accessed by just anybody, so can YOURS. You really don't want that precedent set, my friend. Because it might affect you personally, and because one day it will bite a Democrat politician in the butt. Think about it.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Not relevant, and guess what? If Trump's tax returns can be accessed by just anybody, so can YOURS. You really don't want that precedent set, my friend. Because it might affect you personally, and because one day it will bite a Democrat politician in the butt. Think about it.
The get him at all costs mentality will result in the erosion of protections

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Democrats running for president made their tax returns public. Trump promised to, but he was lying when he said that.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
The discussion is about the New York real estate crash and nothing else. You cannot deal with the facts so you throw in totally unrelated topics. Typical. And stupid.
So Trump airlines folded because of the New York Real Estate crash?

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
The fact is that you've never provided a link to Obama's supposed "Bankruptcies". And I'm discussing all Trumps bad choices...his "Art of the Deal" deals that went bad. And there were many. If he can't handle a few million $ of his own..."donated by daddy big bucks" then how can he make decisions about trillions of tax payer dollars? He can't. He's as dumb as a rock. If you can't handle or deal with the topics I post of, don't reply. I can imagine how butt-hurt you were to learn that his taxes from back then show what a poor business man he was. Not a stable genius or not near as rich as he claims.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
So Trump airlines folded because of the New York Real Estate crash?
What about Trump College, Trump Steaks, etc.? They just can't admit that he's a twit who spent daddy's money freely and failed to make it work.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
For decades all the other President elect and Presidents have shown their tax returns. That's the precedent set, my friend. Trump thinks he is above the law. Watch his sonny boy Diaper Don go the same route. The whole family is corrupt, from Trump down to his 3 eldest children, including his daughter/wife he'd like to date and her sissified husband.