• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Pure evil: The Bushies' botching of the 2000 Israel/Palestinian peace deal

EatTheRich

President
How does that amount to treason under the constitution's definition? I don't agree with Perle or Bush policy-wise, but second-guessing administration foreign policy is a hallowed American political tradition.

Bugsy McGurk

President
How does that amount to treason under the constitution's definition? I don't agree with Perle or Bush policy-wise, but second-guessing administration foreign policy is a hallowed American political tradition.
They didn't just second guess policy.

They went abroad and directly urged the Israelis not to cut a deal at a very sensitive point in the negotiations. And soon therafter Ariel Sharon waddled up to the Temple Mount with the Israeli army for no other purpose than to enrage the Palestinians and finish off the peace process. And the Bushies did it solely to torpedo the peace deal, because they knew a peace deal would clinch a Gore presidency.

Going abroad for the express purpose of undermining US interests is certainly worthy of a treason charge.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Yeah, Boy Blunder was SUPER-successful in his faux middle east peace efforts! :rolleyes:
Truly tragic in retrospect...

GWB's crew botched up the 2000 deal, and he had no interest in forging a deal. Not that the chaos of his presidency would have allowed for it.

And here we are.

Bo-4

Senator
Truly tragic in retrospect...

GWB's crew botched up the 2000 deal, and he had no interest in forging a deal. Not that the chaos of his presidency would have allowed for it.

And here we are.
C'mon Bugs, did you REALLY think that Republicans actually CARED about anything other than elections?

Bugsy McGurk

President
C'mon Bugs, did you REALLY think that Republicans actually CARED about anything other than elections?

Nope.

The GOP is a pox on our house.

They do NOTHING positive for the nation. All sabotage of anything that does not enhance the interests of the powerful, exceptionally wealthy interests that control what they do. And they are VERY good at brainwashing the gullible GOP flock into supporting them.

A recipe for national disaster.

Bo-4

Senator
P.S. To enhance the doom, Rupert Murdoch is fixing to take over Time Warner (including CNN).
OmG how wonderful. Then what, MSNBC so we can have 100% Fair & Balanced all the GDm'd time?

Cool.. i guess. Cuz then our clueless RW trolls will have no Lame Stream Media to blame for their troubles anymore eh?

Bugsy McGurk

President
OmG how wonderful. Then what, MSNBC so we can have 100% Fair & Balanced all the GDm'd time?

Cool.. i guess. Cuz then our clueless RW trolls will have no Lame Stream Media to blame for their troubles anymore eh?
It's hard to maintain any optimism.

The GOP Propaganda/Disinformation Machine is already WAY too powerful -and that's the biggest problem facing our nation today - and it's only going to get worse.

Bo-4

Senator
It's hard to maintain any optimism.

The GOP Propaganda/Disinformation Machine is already WAY too powerful -and that's the biggest problem facing our nation today - and it's only going to get worse.
I was dumbfounded a few weeks back when someone (perhaps Marble-fer-Brains?) called Rupert's WSJ a "liberal rag".

Whatevs eh? :rolleyes:

Bugsy McGurk

President
I was dumbfounded a few weeks back when someone (perhaps Marble-fer-Brains?) called Rupert's WSJ a "liberal rag".

Whatevs eh? :rolleyes:
The more they get brainwashed to the right, the more even Fox Noise looks "liberal" to them.

Sheesh, Michael "Savage" has a hate radio show on ABC radio NYC - a 50,000 watt clear channel station.

The nation is screwed.

Bo-4

Senator
The more they get brainwashed to the right, the more even Fox Noise looks "liberal" to them.

Sheesh, Michael "Savage" has a hate radio show on ABC radio NYC - a 50,000 watt clear channel station.

The nation is screwed.
You mean Michael Weiner? :)

Bugsy McGurk

President
You mean Michael Weiner? :)

Yup. That's him.

And how insane are Pugs when a guy named Michael Weiner changes his name to Michael Savage, and calls his show "The Savage Nation," to get better ratings from the GOP flock? And, true to its name, the level of his hate and vitriol is hard for any GOP hate radio show to match.

afella

Mayor
More tragic with each passing year.

These swine shudda been tried for treason...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2000/jul/13/israel2

Yes the US had a great foreign policy in regards to the Israel-Palestinian conflict before Bush. Things were just ohh so great with these two people for the previous millennia, there has never been any conflict and all of this is Bush's fault. OF COURSE THAT HAS TO BE IT! It's Bush's fault!

It's as much Obummers fault as it is Bush's, as it is Clintons, as it is Reagans, as it is carters etc. If we are actually assigning blame to a problem with has existed since the dawn of written history, but we can still blame Bush it's all good.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Yes the US had a great foreign policy in regards to the Israel-Palestinian conflict before Bush. Things were just ohh so great with these two people for the previous millennia, there has never been any conflict and all of this is Bush's fault. OF COURSE THAT HAS TO BE IT! It's Bush's fault!

It's as much Obummers fault as it is Bush's, as it is Clintons, as it is Reagans, as it is carters etc. If we are actually assigning blame to a problem with has existed since the dawn of written history, but we can still blame Bush it's all good.
I know it's hard for Pugs to confront the fact that the Bushies torpedoed the 2000 peace process for crass political reasons.

Which is why you dodge it.

afella

Mayor
I wouldn't dodge anything. Bush did exactly that, as has Obummer and every other president since the Israeli state was established. Your need to pass everything off onto Bush bothers me, as a liberal, while you accept Obummers failures as a god send. Don't get me wrong, repuke administrations are the worst, however democraps don't fair much better. If you truly believed in the US dream you would get off your Democrat high horse, dodging, and proestablishmet attitude and actually make something happen.

They've got you sucked in regardless of their stance on any issue, and that's something you can not deny.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I wouldn't dodge anything. Bush did exactly that, as has Obummer and every other president since the Israeli state was established. Your need to pass everything off onto Bush bothers me, as a liberal, while you accept Obummers failures as a god send. Don't get me wrong, repuke administrations are the worst, however democraps don't fair much better. If you truly believed in the US dream you would get off your Democrat high horse, dodging, and proestablishmet attitude and actually make something happen.

They've got you sucked in regardless of their stance on any issue, and that's something you can not deny.
Nope.

Obama did not do it - the Bushies did it. In 2000.

And you dodge it again.

They didn't just second guess policy.

They went abroad and directly urged the Israelis not to cut a deal at a very sensitive point in the negotiations. And soon therafter Ariel Sharon waddled up to the Temple Mount with the Israeli army for no other purpose than to enrage the Palestinians and finish off the peace process. And the Bushies did it solely to torpedo the peace deal, because they knew a peace deal would clinch a Gore presidency.

Going abroad for the express purpose of undermining US interests is certainly worthy of a treason charge.
For a very very very long time all of our so called Leaders are traitors - both WWI and II were caused by our traitors and every war since - Why? because we are ruled by other than we think we are.

Disraeli told us that many many years back -