• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Question: does every service person deserve a tip?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
The barrista? The person at the counter in a deli? Behind the counter at an ice cream stand?

This guy gave me some shit today when I didn't toss my change in the 'tip jar'.

Two bucks and change from a ten, for a premade item at a starbucks.

"You look like you can spare it.." he said, or something like that..

The barrista? The person at the counter in a deli? Behind the counter at an ice cream stand?

The movie Reservoir Dogs settled this issue for me a long time ago.

Jen

Senator

I don't know what kinds of tips are expected these days, but what I do think .........and maybe it's just me.............is that it is rude to ask someone for a tip, and even ruder to mention what their status in life looks like to them.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know what kinds of tips are expected these days, but what I do think .........and maybe it's just me.............is that it is rude to ask someone for a tip, and even ruder to mention what their status in life looks like to them.
No filter..

You could have tipped him that in this Trumpian economy he could get a job where his dignity wouldn't be impugned by having to ask for a tip in such a callow way.

freyasman

Senator
I tip waitresses and bartenders but never the dancers.... oh wait, that's not what we're talking about, is it?o_O

;)

Nope...

btw, my local Starbucks does not allow tip jars
Wife and I bought a pair of chairs at Target. A store employee brought them out and loaded them in our car, and when I tried to give him $5 he declined and said he wasn't allowed to accept tips. I said we're in the parking lot, who's going to see if you take it? He declined again and walked away. Weird. I think no company should prohibit their employees from taking gratuities after a service is performed.

You could have tipped him that in this Trumpian economy he could get a job where his dignity wouldn't be impugned by having to ask for a tip in such a callow way.
Yes!

I'm sorry but I will never darken the doorway of a Starbucks to purchase their overpriced swill.

freyasman

Senator
I always tipped the dancers well.

Simply put.........It worked!
Giving a stripper money marks you as, well.... a mark. Tipping waitresses and bartenders shows you have money, and not tipping dancers shows you're not willing to reward someone for being nothing more than a tease. Ignore them; they can't stand that..... the only guy in a bar that a woman wants to talk to, is the guy that looks like he doesn't want to talk to anyone.

That is what works.

Giving a stripper money marks you as, well.... a mark. Tipping waitresses and bartenders shows you have money, and not tipping dancers shows you're not willing to reward someone for being nothing more than a tease. Ignore them; they can't stand that..... the only guy in a bar that a woman wants to talk to, is the guy that looks like he doesn't want to talk to anyone.

That is what works.
IOW...Game.

That is what works.
I gotta disagree.

I walked in the door and the girls practically ran to me. I teased them way more than they teased me!

The money thing aside the best part was once you leave one of them the next morning with stars in their eyes after making the earth move it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

They all talk. And they all want to see what the other chick was bragging about! Then it's take your pick time!

I found the right one eventually. She was paying her way through nursing school. We've been married now for 14 years and she's the mother of my daughter and an incredible nurse practitioner making close to 6 figures. But she was very different from most and I knew it almost the minute I met her. She didn't care one whit what I had or could offer her. She was the one that had me chasing her........for months.

Persistence pays!

freyasman

Senator
I gotta disagree.

I walked in the door and the girls practically ran to me. I teased them way more than they teased me!

The money thing aside the best part was once you leave one of them the next morning with stars in their eyes after making the earth move it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

They all talk. And they all want to see what the other chick was bragging about! Then it's take your pick time!

I found the right one eventually. She was paying her way through nursing school. We've been married now for 14 years and she's the mother of my daughter and an incredible nurse practitioner making close to 6 figures. But she was very different from most and I knew it almost the minute I met her. She didn't care one whit what I had or could offer her. She was the one that had me chasing her........for months.

Persistence pays!
Good for you, guy.

Yes!

I'm sorry but I will never darken the doorway of a Starbucks to purchase their overpriced swill.
I have not ever been in a Starbucks in my life that I can remember (maybe once in the 90's). And it is at least 15 years since I've stepped in a Mickey D's or the like (I have been in Chik-fil-a dozen times or so). When you've worked food service early on in life you're a fool not to remember common practices.