• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Question For Honest Liberals On *Climate Change*

D

Deleted member 21794

My understanding is that that generally occurs over millions of years. Not single years. Now I understand that there are earthquakes in which plates can move several inches in a few seconds. But doubtful that would cause permanent sea level rise except by causing ice masses to shear off.
I see. So they either move slowly over millions of years or very rapidly, in seconds. There's no in between.

It's amazing how everything in Earth sciences seem to fit your global warming agenda. Remarkable, really.

EatTheRich

President
I see. So they either move slowly over millions of years or very rapidly, in seconds. There's no in between.

It's amazing how everything in Earth sciences seem to fit your global warming agenda. Remarkable, really.
Oh, so you're denying mainstream plate tectonics now? Everything in science fits the theory of greenhouse warming because the theory is based around the facts ... as opposed to your attacks on basic scientific theories (first greenhouse warming, now plate tectonics) based on your agenda.

D

Deleted member 21794

Oh, so you're denying mainstream plate tectonics now? Everything in science fits the theory of greenhouse warming because the theory is based around the facts ... as opposed to your attacks on basic scientific theories (first greenhouse warming, now plate tectonics) based on your agenda.
Tell me more about "mainstream plate tectonics". Sounds interesting.

EatTheRich

President
No. But floods and droughts have been around since the beginning of time. In equally shocking news, the sun is hot.
It's not an either - or question whether they exist ... the question is, how frequent and how severe. Scientists who have studied it say the pattern of changing severity of floods and droughts, and the specific places involved, means less food once temperature rise passes a certain point.

D

Deleted member 21794

It's not an either - or question whether they exist ... the question is, how frequent and how severe. Scientists who have studied it say the pattern of changing severity of floods and droughts, and the specific places involved, means less food once temperature rise passes a certain point.
And let me guess... we're very near that point right now and it's urgent we do something about it, right?

EatTheRich

President
And let me guess... we're very near that point right now and it's urgent we do something about it, right?
We're decades away and the longer we put off making the modest incremental changes urged on us by the scientists for decades, the worse it is likely to get very rapidly. BTW I see you have perfected the hive mind's combination of gullibility and cynicism ... critical thinking, not so much.

D

Deleted member 21794

We're decades away and the longer we put off making the modest incremental changes urged on us by the scientists for decades, the worse it is likely to get very rapidly. BTW I see you have perfected the hive mind's combination of gullibility and cynicism ... critical thinking, not so much.
I'm glad you brought this up. Our time has passed. Al Gore declared it. It's over. Of course, I'm not one of the gullible ones who bought into it in the first place.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
What did AL Gore (a nonscientist) declare, exactly?
Declared glaciers would be gone by now and snow would be a thing of the past

snow predicted again here tonight.........1 in dec/1 in jan so far and never does that here

snowed deep South today

Did you buy carbon offsets?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
tell ya what's close than Gorebal warming
toxic oceans from nuclear melt downs
fish full of cancer and open sores

NOW

EatTheRich

President
Declared glaciers would be gone by now and snow would be a thing of the past

snow predicted again here tonight.........1 in dec/1 in jan so far and never does that here

snowed deep South today

Did you buy carbon offsets?
Link to where Gore said glaciers and snow would be gone by 2017.

EatTheRich

President
Link he didn't.............actually he said before 2017 and no more snow..........

I'm not doing what you will not do for yourself............
I doubt he ever said it ... I'm not going to track down a link just to bust your arbitrary assertion he did.

Wow, so sea level floors have stopped moving. Let me guess... they stopped moving right around the time the internal combustion engine was developed?
No they are still still moving, and I recently read on Newsweek that they are even sinking. It just so happens that the sea level gained from melting ice is outpacing the rate that the sea floor is sinking.