• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Question on "ratings abuse"

• Thread starter Deleted member 21794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
add mods.
What are your thoughts on just not abusing the ratings?

We get a report "so and so downrated 15 straight posts".

Then we ban so and so.

Then so and so reports that joe shmo downrated 15 of their posts in a row. A different mod takes the report and doesn't ban the guy.

Now so and so is pissed he got banned and joe shmo didn't.

It is a COMPLETE and TOTAL disaster with a bunch of school children who don't understand all punishments here are like speeding tickets. With 800 posts a day and 3 different mods, it depends what your violation was, who is moderating it, and whether they can to take the time to ban you or just delete your post or whatever.

Instead every single person that pm's me thinks we are out to get only them and they are the only ones that get the speeding ticket.

Charcat

One of the Patsy's

Then we ban so and so.

Then so and so reports that joe shmo downrated 15 of their posts in a row. A different mod takes the report and doesn't ban the guy.

It is a COMPLETE and TOTAL disaster with a bunch of school children who don't understand all punishments here are like speeding tickets. With 800 posts a day and 3 different mods, it depends what your violation was, who is moderating it, and whether they can to take the time to ban you or just delete your post or whatever.

Instead every single person that pm's me thinks we are out to get only them and they are the only ones that get the speeding ticket.
Why not just ban PMs or reports complaining of ratings?

Should have done that from the start..........ignored ratings whining. It wouldn't have escalated the way it has had they ignored complaints about ratings instead of flip flopping around all over the place and making it almost irresistible for trolls to abuse away.

The way this whole thing is turning out just makes me sick. This board is quickly turning into PH..... PH is a place too stupid for anyone to want to go to.
"Mommy, Mommy, the Other Posters Are Picking on Me!"

Our new motto is:

IF YOU WHINE, YOU'RE FINE

Its quite amazing how attached some of you are to the ratings and how upset some of you get when they get downrated.

What I am saying is the owner (me) and the two mods do not have enough time to wade through the ratings reports that are made on a daily basis. We can continue on with the ratings and lose the mods. We can continue on with the ratings and I sell the site. Or we can limit the ratings which I have chose to do and still have a site. Its really a time issue, not a communist issue.
Then don't take any notice of ratings reports, delete them for heavens sake --- I do not like 'thought police' stuff, living in a country where one can now get 15 yrs in prison for rating certain articles on social media, which is exactly what this is - instigated, in the first place, by those who want thought police - you have played into their hands!

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
It is stupid............I agree, @Queen Titania . But I'm sure that it will whip itself into another version of things eventually. Someone is pulling the strings and I'm sure they are laughing big time at this turn of events.

My solution is same as always: I won't post to trollish posts. I scroll on by. They may have gotten a "disagree" in the past, now they get nothing. My board posts will lessen. But oh well. Nobody cares.

Oh well

Nobody is pulling shit .. it's just 3 dudes trying to do the best they can by the posters whole concurrently being treated like shit.

Jen

Senator
Its quite amazing how attached some of you are to the ratings and how upset some of you get when they get downrated.

What I am saying is the owner (me) and the two mods do not have enough time to wade through the ratings reports that are made on a daily basis. We can continue on with the ratings and lose the mods. We can continue on with the ratings and I sell the site. Or we can limit the ratings which I have chose to do and still have a site. Its really a time issue, not a communist issue.
Everyone agrees with your ignoring whining about ratings - except for the few that whine about them. And I am betting that it's just a few posters that do that.

For me, it's not whether we have them or not. "Agree" and "Read" , and hopefully "disagree" are enough for me to express my thoughts adequately.

Heck. I could get along with no ratings. What we are all here for is validation. What your present system means is that those with whom I disagree............won't get my answer OR any validation. Their post means Zero. Meh. I can live with that.

My complaint here is really just about all the changing......back and forth, more then less. Just stick to something that makes sense.

Last edited:

Jen

Senator
Oh well

Nobody is pulling shit .. it's just 3 dudes trying to do the best they can by the posters whole concurrently being treated like shit.
I know.
And I know I shouldn't be piling on. I'm really pulled between having an opinion and not wanting to pile it all on you three. The fault lies with the whiners about ratings. I don't know who they are, but please know that I know where the blame here lies.

I'm sorry for my part in making you feel like shit. It's not my intention to do that.

Jen

Senator
Oh well

Maybe I shoulda said that someone thinks they are pulling shit. That's probably more like it. I've got suggestions as to who but I'm sure you know who I would suggest already.

Jen

Senator
We are always open to adding mods if there were any.
Be careful saying that.
I'm certain that if I were a mod (and I will never do that job again) many would leave the board.
I am equally certain that if certain other posters were to become a moderator, I would leave instantly.

The two moderators we have are the best we can get. They aren't perfect (nobody is) but they are close enough to it.

I do wish you had a tad more understanding of the Topix thing, but........
That's going to bite you in the behind. I'm sure of it.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I know.
And I know I shouldn't be piling on. I'm really pulled between having an opinion and not wanting to pile it all on you three. The fault lies with the whiners about ratings. I don't know who they are, but please know that I know where the blame here lies.

I'm sorry for my part in making you feel like shit. It's not my intention to do that.
I don't feel like shit. I said treat like shit.

Jen

Senator

Then we ban so and so.

Ignore complaints of ratings.
If it's about ratings.......................... ignore it.

Then we ban so and so.

Let me try some constructive criticism. Part of the problem is the rule isn't really clearly defined. I think it would help everyone if the rule was a little clearer than "rating abuse-just don't do it"

Status
Not open for further replies.