• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Question on "ratings abuse"

• Thread starter Deleted member 21794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeilaniMP

Empress
You forgot the reason it does matter. When you get rated 100 times in 2 hours you get 100 alerts. That is ridiculous.
I totally understand what you're saying, SW.

I've never reported being negatively rated.

One of those who is whining the most about the ratings is doing that which they're so upset with others... downrating others big time.

They tried crap with me, only to be proven wrong by facts.

Seriously...I couldn't care less how many negatives I get. If people are so butthurt over alerts...it's simple... go into settings and turn them off.

Being admin and mods in here is like herding cats. I don't envy you guys in the least.

Have a great day!

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Bummer for them. Anyone getting that many ratings should take it as a compliment.
No its a bummer for the person that hit disagree 100 times. But then they get banned. Then they report others for ratings abuse and a different mod gets the report and maybe doesn't ban the abuser. Now the original abuser says he is being treated differently and doubles down on his ratings abuse and so and and so on. Generating 10's of reports and pm's that have to be read and dealt with.

The ratings reports and pm's are overwhelming the system. Then we shut off the ratings and we get a whole nother set of pm's from people mad about the ratings being shut off. We turn them back on with just being able to negatively rate the first post in a thread and we get a 5 page topic on ratings where you blow us up and the circle continues.

When the real problem is ratings abuse fills up a users alerts and ratings abuse fills up our reports and pm's which we don't have time for.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
I totally understand what you're saying, SW.

I've never reported being negatively rated.

One of those who is whining the most about the ratings is doing that which they're so upset with others... downrating others big time.

They tried crap with me, only to be proven wrong by facts.

Seriously...I couldn't care less how many negatives I get. If people are so butthurt over alerts...it's simple... go into settings and turn them off.

Being admin and mods in here is like herding cats. I don't envy you guys in the least.

Have a great day!

I know I personally use the alerts to see if anyone replied to my post so turning them off is not an option.

LeilaniMP

Empress
When the real problem is ratings abuse fills up a users alerts and ratings abuse fills up our reports and pm's which we don't have time for.
If people are that sensitive, then they should disable their alerts in settings.

LeilaniMP

Empress
I know I personally use the alerts to see if anyone replied to my post so turning them off is not an option.
I have to go... real life beckons.

Before the latest batch of socks and rejects from now-defunct forums came into pj, I don't think we had this issue.

They destroyed the other places they've posted and will do the same here.

The loudest screechers contribute nothing to the board, except disharmony.

Yeah, we old timers have our beefs, after posting together for (some of us) close to 20 years, but we're still a family... as dysfunctional as we are.

Enjoy your day

Jen

Senator
The changes are because the users cannot to adjust to anything about the ratings. Every change is met with behavior that makes it so the site cannot continue.
I understand, @SW48 .

I wonder how a, say 3 month moratorium on ratings (where you take them all away) with an option to go either way at the end .... would work. Maybe this board just can't function with ratings.

You may lose posters, but, things need to settle out.
You might want to consider fewer rules if you want that end of it to be less.
The mods aren't being paid, you are the owner. Make it doable for yourself.

If you lose those loudest screechers, the board might improve dramatically.

Last edited:

Jen

Senator
You can turn off just the alerts on the ratings, @SW48 , and keep your alerts on responses. I have rating alerts off, but there are still two more post response alerts I keep to know who is responding to my posts.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
So you get rated 48 times in a row by the same person. We say we are done with ratings reports. You then threaten to rate others 48 times in a row. PM me about how you are being treated unfairly. But its our fault. Got it.
I ask if rating abuse were enforced, I'd just got a 2 day ban for rating and ask before rating as now_what and bear claw if rule was enforced, it's evident it was but only for ME......

down rate, I don't give a damn but if I so choose to do same I shouldn't have gotten banned, it's clear they didn't

You would think differently if you had to click on and read 10 reports every 20 minutes that to find out if they are ratings reports. Then the 10 pm's saying they are being treated differently.

Then when you ignore a report or a pm, the person sends another pm asking why you can't answer questions or are ignoring them. Some of the culprits are right here on this thread.
I get that, really I do but feel that there has to be another solution to the problem - maybe an auto response to such reports and PMs ? People soon get fed up with auto responses.

In government, yes. On a private website where the members are mooches, many unemployed, on welfare or in a "facility", it's called "avoiding liability".
It is called discussion, which is what we are doing.

Oh piss off Max - you are such a bore even when sober.

I ask if rating abuse were enforced, I'd just got a 2 day ban for rating and ask before rating as now_what and bear claw if rule was enforced, it's evident it was but only for ME......

down rate, I don't give a damn but if I so choose to do same I shouldn't have gotten banned, it's clear they didn't
You are definitely a target Dawg - what a bore for you :( I have had that in the past and it did pass --- dunno if Topixers will let you off so easy though. I don't know what to suggest xxx sorry poppet.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
I have to go... real life beckons.

Before the latest batch of socks and rejects from now-defunct forums came into pj, I don't think we had this issue.

They destroyed the other places they've posted and will do the same here.

The loudest screechers contribute nothing to the board, except disharmony.

Yeah, we old timers have our beefs, after posting together for (some of us) close to 20 years, but we're still a family... as dysfunctional as we are.

Enjoy your day
Who are the socks and "rejects from now-defunct forums"?

Sorry, but the biggest whiners and pussies on this thread are those who are so far right they are in serious dangers of falling over the edge of sanity.

Alt-Right insanity.jpg

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member

This is the exact problem. You did the crime and did the time. But everyone always thinks they are the only one that gets temp banned. So then we get pm's about how we are not fair etc.

It never ends and is a big circle.

FOR THE LAST DAMN TIME. MODERATING AND PUNISHMENT IS JUST LIKE A SPEEDING TICKET. DIFFERENT COPS PULL YOU OVER FOR DIFFERENT THINGS. SOME YOU MIGHT DRIVE RIGHT BY AT 85 MPH AND THEY DON'T PULL YOU OVER BUT THE NEXT GUY DOES.

Don't worry about everyone else because you have no idea who gets temp banned and who doesn't. Just worry about your own crimes and your own punishment.

Every single person that gets temp banned then pm's me telling me how they are the only one.

It never fing ends.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
This is the exact problem. You did the crime and did the time. But everyone always thinks they are the only one that gets temp banned. So then we get pm's about how we are not fair etc.

It never ends and is a big circle.

FOR THE LAST DAMN TIME. MODERATING AND PUNISHMENT IS JUST LIKE A SPEEDING TICKET. DIFFERENT COPS PULL YOU OVER FOR DIFFERENT THINGS. SOME YOU MIGHT DRIVE RIGHT BY AT 85 MPH AND THEY DON'T PULL YOU OVER BUT THE NEXT GUY DOES.

Don't worry about everyone else because you have no idea who gets temp banned and who doesn't. Just worry about your own crimes and your own punishment.

Every single person that gets temp banned then pm's me telling me how they are the only one.

It never fing ends.
I've been banned so many times your inbox would be slam full and it isn't from me...…...for your information members know who is banned and who isn't when banned.

I'm not down rating or reporting rule infractions, patrol the halls and do away with reporting if you want it to fing end.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Who are the socks and "rejects from now-defunct forums"?

Sorry, but the biggest whiners and pussies on this thread are those who are so far right they are in serious dangers of falling over the edge of sanity.

View attachment 43668
Actually there are ratings abusers and ratings reporters on both "sides".

How sad people in the USA are on "sides" and their vote isn't earned.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member

You were about the 12th person banned for ratings abuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.