• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Question on "ratings abuse"

• Thread starter Deleted member 21794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
I get that, really I do but feel that there has to be another solution to the problem - maybe an auto response to such reports and PMs ? People soon get fed up with auto responses.
Hiring someone to custom program something like this would cost more money then PJ brings in in a year

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
I've been banned so many times your inbox would be slam full and it isn't from me...…...for your information members know who is banned and who isn't when banned.

I'm not down rating or reporting rule infractions, patrol the halls and do away with reporting if you want it to fing end.
All I want to end is ratings abuse and ratings reporting. That is what is overwhelming the moderating staff right now.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Actually there are ratings abusers and ratings reporters on both "sides".

How sad people in the USA are on "sides" and their vote isn't earned.
Agreed. From my perspective, as being a recipient, it's the Alt-Right who is most guilty of rating abuses. "Rating Abuse" being defined as giving negative reviews for anything and everything regardless of content. In short, just to harass the poster. As I wrote to you, I did it myself in retaliation then, upon coming across your post about rating abuse, I rescinded almost all of them.

Agreed, but I think you're smart enough to realize most people in the US aren't so biased and tribal as the average political forum poster. :)

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
All I want to end is ratings abuse and ratings reporting. That is what is overwhelming the moderating staff right now.
as I said I'm not reporting ratings or going to ask anything of them

Last edited:
Hiring someone to custom program something like this would cost more money then PJ brings in in a year
I was thinking of a simpler solution as in - write out one response and just c&p it, or whatever, to every report or pm about ratings - I didn't mean an actual tech team thingy.

It might be a bore in the first place but it couldn't be worse than now and it would dwindle.

Charcat

One of the Patsy's
Just do away with the alert for ratings. That seems to be the complaint--people having pages of alerts. You would still get an alert from those who have responded to your posts with their own post.

Charcat

One of the Patsy's
How?

You still have to open the report and read it then close the report.

You then have to read the pm where the user is asking why so and so wasn't temp banned because of rating but they were.

Then when you ignore the pm, you get another pm you have to read saying you ignored my pm I am quitting pj, why can't you answer a question.
In a short amount of time people will stop reporting if they get no results from their PMs or reports. If there are people who habitually make the same ratings complaints, start giving them bans for report abuse.

Rule #15: Ratings.
1. Ratings are a way of expressing your opinion on a post. If you are getting an excessive amount of negative ratings, simply disable your ratings alert.
2. Reports and Private Messages regarding ratings will be ignored without answer.

How?

You still have to open the report and read it then close the report.

You then have to read the pm where the user is asking why so and so wasn't temp banned because of rating but they were.

Then when you ignore the pm, you get another pm you have to read saying you ignored my pm I am quitting pj, why can't you answer a question.
Wine Is Made From Ripe Grapes, Whine Is Made From Sour Grapes

Take away the PM privileges of anyone violating the ban on complaining about ratings.

Bummer for them. Anyone getting that many ratings should take it as a compliment.
"But You Have Heard of Me" Pirates of the Caribbean

On ratings-phobic embees, the compliment should be in how many replies you get, even if all negative, as I got once, 254 - 0. It is especially embarrassing to be an OP and get no replies at all.

Last edited:

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
ROFLMFAO...the neg ratings for regular posts have returned, as predicted.
and lil' bear claw is rating all post Dislike:) Cried Canuck Tears before of ratings now has
13 on front page of my alerts :)

biatch

Last edited:

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
and lil' bear claw is rating all post Dislike:) Cried Canuck Tears before of ratings now has
13 on front page of my alerts :)

biatch
Like Trump the Whining Coward who never takes responsibility for anything, you are blaming others and not taking responsibility for your own actions. Sad.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Your "turn off ratings notifications" doesn't work?
It needs attention, especially after posting his step dads military ID...……...I wondered why Mad Max looked so old and he let the cat out of the bag today:)

Status
Not open for further replies.