• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Question to posters who fall at the extreme ends of the political Spectrum

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Honest question.

I'm curious how you function in the world, at work, when interacting socially, Etc when, as evidenced here on this board, every topic every posting every utteranc that falls counter to your view is subject immediately to attack derision destruction.. overtly taken to the lowest possible denominator and assailed relentlessly simply because it doesn't agree with your view?

how do you do it? Do you shit on everyone you know that doesn't align with your extremist views?

John T

Mayor
Fisrt of all ....

I don't think your question addresses those on the extreme ends of the spectrum.

I believe your question addresses Leftist.

Any and all Leftist.

And, I would attempt to answer that question by saying, most of these Leftist do not interact with the rest of the world very often.

Most are retired or disabled and don't get out of the house much.

And, the ones that do most likely live in large blue cities where that kind of behavior would be the norm.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Fisrt of all ....

I don't think your question addresses those on the extreme ends of the spectrum.

I believe your question addresses Leftist.

Any and all Leftist.

And, I would attempt to answer that question by saying, most of these Leftist do not interact with the rest of the world very often.

Most are retired or disabled and don't get out of the house much.

And, the ones that do most likely live in large blue cities where that kind of behavior would be the norm.

I disagree in that I believe such persons exist at both ends..pers simply cannot Digests media content and information to make an informed decision and simply attack in a knee jerk Fashion time and time again.
I live near a large Blue City and am anticipating having dinner with several of the kind on Saturday. having seen some of their reactions and posting on places like Facebook Etc I anticipate it being a challenging evening..

John T

Mayor
I disagree in that I believe such persons exist at both ends..pers simply cannot Digests media content and information to make an informed decision and simply attack in a knee jerk Fashion time and time again.
I live near a large Blue City and am anticipating having dinner with several of the kind on Saturday. having seen some of their reactions and posting on places like Facebook Etc I anticipate it being a challenging evening..
Well then we can agree to disagree in this one.

I have not noted anyone on the right participating in some of the extreme behaviors as those on the Left.

BobbyT

Governor
Honest question.

I'm curious how you function in the world, at work, when interacting socially, Etc when, as evidenced here on this board, every topic every posting every utteranc that falls counter to your view is subject immediately to attack derision destruction.. overtly taken to the lowest possible denominator and assailed relentlessly simply because it doesn't agree with your view?

how do you do it? Do you shit on everyone you know that doesn't align with your extremist views?
I both am friends with and work with people who, if posting on this board, would come across as extreme on this board. However, they all know how to interact in "mixed politics" groups. When posting on an anonymous board like this there is no need to temper discussion with civility and there are no consequences to being extreme. On the one hand, when anonymous people can be more honest in expressing their extreme views; on the other hand, they can also seem to be far more extreme than they actually are.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I both am friends with and work with people who, if posting on this board, would come across as extreme on this board. However, they all know how to interact in "mixed politics" groups. When posting on an anonymous board like this there is no need to temper discussion with civility and there are no consequences to being extreme. On the one hand, when anonymous people can be more honest in expressing their extreme views; on the other hand, they can also seem to be far more extreme than they actually are.

Fair. Thank you

MrMike

Bless you all
Kind of self evidenced, methinks
Yeah... I was thinking of forum life (the one that seems to have little basis in real world) where each side paints the other from the partisan palette of their choosing. I do that too.

In real life, not so much. It's a live and let live world (for the most part). Most folks I know who are left, right and center don't dwell on it nor run rampant with it in work/social settings.

BobbyT

Governor
Perhaps you can give us some examples then.
One measure of extreme views is painting all of any group as exhibiting a behavior or trait from an instance of one or a few (or none) exhibiting it. Such as:

• Any and all leftists are responsible for all instances of extreme behavior on this board.
  • Conservatives are racist.
  • Leftists are pro abortion.
  • Conservatives hate women.
  • Leftist women are ugly.
  • Conservatives are anti-science.
  • Leftists are evil.
  • Conservatives are anti-education.
  • Leftists want to confiscate your guns.
  • Conservatives don't care about children killed with guns.
  • Leftists want open borders.
  • Conservatives want a whites-only United States.
  • etc.

Jen

Senator
Honest question.

I don't consider myself as an extremist. But I am kind to those who disagree with me and I can usually find some small point I agree with them on and I try to build the conversation around that. If that fails, I just smile and say "Mmmhmm" a lot.

I do not do politics on Facebook at all and if anyone tries to confront me there (because my leanings are not a secret) I unfollow them........I don't unfriend them, but I don't want to see their rabid posts. I never share anything connected with politics on Facebook.

Last edited:

Jen

Senator
One measure of extreme views is painting all of any group as exhibiting a behavior or trait from an instance of one or a few (or none) exhibiting it. Such as:

• Any and all leftists are responsible for all instances of extreme behavior on this board.
  • Leftists are evil.
  • etc.
On thing you might not understand, @BobbyT is this:
When one posts on this board, it is more productive (in terms of getting conversation going) to post in the extreme. Insipid, mealy-mouthed posts will receive no replies. In order to take part, one must be firm, to the extreme, in one's beliefs. That might mean that exaggeration is in order. It's much like acting on a stage. Every action must be exaggerated so that the audience will understand the story by the actor's movements as well as his words .

This is why the points you listed are common here. They are the exaggerations that show the point beyond doubt.

Jen

Senator
Well then we can agree to disagree in this one.

I have not noted anyone on the right participating in some of the extreme behaviors as those on the Left.
Nor have I noticed anyone on the Right that is quite as brutal as those on the Left.

BobbyT

Governor
On thing you might not understand, @BobbyT is this:
When one posts on this board, it is more productive (in terms of getting conversation going) to post in the extreme. Insipid, mealy-mouthed posts will receive no replies. In order to take part, one must be firm, to the extreme, in one's beliefs. That might mean that exaggeration is in order. It's much like acting on a stage. Every action must be exaggerated so that the audience will understand the story by the actor's movements as well as his words .

This is why the points you listed are common here. They are the exaggerations that show the point beyond doubt.
What makes you think I don't understand that?

John T

Mayor

• Leftists are evil.
  • etc.
*yawn*

Forgive me .....

Not interested !!