1. Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?
    Dismiss Notice

Quick PJ Question.

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Corruptbuddha, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Corruptbuddha

Corruptbuddha Governor

How many non-black people here actually know many black people? And by 'many' I mean ...more than 5, and by 'know" I mean....first and last name, marital status and number of children.

By those criteria, I know zero.

It seems to me that since blacks are only 13% of the population, most whites wouldn't know too many at all.

Let's see if I'm right.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Jen

Jen Proud Deplorable

I know at least 5 by your criteria, one of which is related to me.

But I'm telling you, by listening to Frederika, Maxine, other black people who I have seen and heard on tv, and ****edited***......... I would not be likely to want to expand my circle of friends into black people right now. It has nothing to do with the color of their skin except that they are a very angry and prejudiced crowd. Since I don't welcome white racists as friends, why would I welcome black racists? I wouldn't.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2017
  3. SouthernBoyI

SouthernBoyI Mayor

I know way more than 5.

SB

4. Tor-Pete-O

Tor-Pete-O Mayor

I do as well

5. Charcat

Charcat One of the Patsy's

I don't know why you're asking, but I know many more than five.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. EatTheRich

EatTheRich Senator

Wouldn't judging all Black people by the actions of a handful you see on TV be textbook racism?

• Like Like x 1
  7. EatTheRich

EatTheRich Senator

I can think of 3 adults and 4 children unrelated to those adults (2 pairs of siblings) who meet the criteria. 2 of the adults are old friends who are Facebook friends but with whom I have little real contact. The other individuals I see several times a week.

Blacks are 13% of the population, but only 3% of the people the typical white American comes into contact with, as a result of pervasive segregation. I live in the state with the lowest percentage of Black people in the country, in a town that is big for my state but small by national standards. But my understanding is that white people in, say, the urban South are much more likely to have Black acquaintances.

8. Hmmmm

Hmmmm Mayor

Those two sentences are prime examples of racism at work and denial of it. You don't even recognize it in yourself while clearly demonstrating it.

You won't expand your circle of friends to include black friends but not because of the color of their skin. Then what exactly? You give the color of their skin as the criteria for the group you don't want to add into your circle while saying it has nothing to do with color.

"... they are a very angry and prejudiced crowd". Who are "they" other than black people who have black skin? They (black people) are angry and prejudiced based upon people you have seen on TV?

So many levels of wrong here.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 4/15

4/15 Mayor

I married into a black family. No one seems upset with other races. But when we go out the looks I get unless we go to a black area and then I get these happy looks.

10. Jen

Jen Proud Deplorable

I know and I hate that it's true. But it is.
    Oh, and by the way..... the OP was about black people being friends. Had it been about white people I would have said exactly the same thing.

Black people aren't the only angry people around and I would be very wary of extending my small circle of friends by adding white people.

People in general are way too angry, judgmental, bossy, pushy, offended at every little thing these days. My friends aren't like that --and I have friends that are white, black, brown, Asian and Native American and some other random races. None of them are angry and bitter and mean. Not one.