• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Racism FYI

EatTheRich

President
The Democrats love to call Republicans "Racists".

Republicans call Democrats "Liars" often.

Let's take a look at history and maybe we'll reach a sane conclusion:

What have we here? A patronizing little cartoon in which Charlie Brown is purportedly "educating" Franklin about things most Black Americans already know, none of which contradict his proposition that the right-wing Republican Party today, which is not the left-wing Republican Party of 1854 (which was still pretty racist), is racist.

Sparky2

Council Member
In my objective opinion, based upon my independent observations over lo these many years of traveling the globe;

The American media and the left-leaning fellows and ladies have cried 'racist' and 'bigot' so many times (over the least, nonsensical thing) that most people with an IQ higher than 120 have become numb to it.

In other words, nobody in their right mind believes anything or anybody related to 'the latest news story regarding racism allegations', because it's usually bull$hit.

Get it?
It's worn out.
Tired.
Trite.
Disingenuous.
Useless.

It's sort of the point of that admittedly old and worn-out cartoon.

Are there racists out there?
Hell yes.

Are there small clusters of white men and women engaging in racist behaviors?
Yes.

Is the entire Republican Party, and are all white people, (and even independents like myself) patently racist because we don't parrot the popular (D) Party narrative?
Hell no.

Again in my observation, the most strident and militantly-racist men and women I have witnessed in the past decade have been the blacks.

Jesse Jackson (professional racist, race-baiter, and extortionist).

Al Sharpton (professional racist, race-bater, and television personality clown).

Barack and Michelle Obama (perpetual racists, race-baiters, agitators, and disingenuous frauds).

The Congressional Black Caucus (government-sponsored racists, race-baiters, lethargic jackasses, and utterly-intellecually-dishonest a$$-hats).

Sheila Jackson-Lee (racist, race-baiter, and quite possibly the dumbest person in Congress, maybe even the dumbest person in the United States).

The NAACP, the most absurd and outdated pack of racists in the history of these United States.

The American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE), the union that promotes racism and frivolous grievances and lawsuits among black government workers.

You can argue with me (if you are a left-leaning, perpetually-offended little girl) but I will only ridicule you, if and when you do.

So, bring it on, if you like.
I look forward to humbling you.

:)

Wahbooz

Governor
Jen, there are racists in all walks of life, as well as Democrats, Republicans and Independents. Robert Bird was a racist, and admitted it. But he retracted his racist beliefs. Strom Thurmond, who was a Democrat turned Republican because the Democrats passed the Civil rights Amendment, denies being a racist, but he ran for president on the Segregation Forever platform. I own a piece of property, which stated as one of it's restrictions "The premises herein described shall not be sold, assigned, leased or rented to any other than a person of the Caucasian race." This is in the north, in a predominately Republican county. Of course, as the real estate agent said, it could not be enforced legally. When I bought that property, a black couple bought the property across the street, and one of the older residents put a sign in his front yard "Move Out Niggers". Was he Republican? Democrat? Independent? I don't give a damn, that doesn't change what he was.

Jen

Senator
Jen, there are racists in all walks of life, as well as Democrats, Republicans and Independents. Robert Bird was a racist, and admitted it. But he retracted his racist beliefs. Strom Thurmond, who was a Democrat turned Republican because the Democrats passed the Civil rights Amendment, denies being a racist, but he ran for president on the Segregation Forever platform. I own a piece of property, which stated as one of it's restrictions "The premises herein described shall not be sold, assigned, leased or rented to any other than a person of the Caucasian race." This is in the north, in a predominately Republican county. Of course, as the real estate agent said, it could not be enforced legally. When I bought that property, a black couple bought the property across the street, and one of the older residents put a sign in his front yard "Move Out Niggers". Was he Republican? Democrat? Independent? I don't give a damn, that doesn't change what he was.
Sadly, I do know that racists come in all skin colors and all political persuasions. Some are that way because of their parents. Others are that way because a person or persons of another race treated them badly at some point in their lives and they decided to lump the entire crowd into that group. Whatever the reason, there is no good excuse for being a racist.

I do point out here that Democrats are racists (not meaning that they are the ONLY racists even though some posters choose to interpret what I say as such). The reason I point it out is that I have been called a racist (in the nastiest of terms) for the last almost 8 years because I disagree with Obama's political stances. I am sick of it. It's not his skin color I disagree with. It's his politics. And that disagreement doesn't make me a racist. I'm just standing up for myself by noting that some Democrats are racists.

Wahbooz

Governor
Sadly, I do know that racists come in all skin colors and all political persuasions. Some are that way because of their parents. Others are that way because a person or persons of another race treated them badly at some point in their lives and they decided to lump the entire crowd into that group. Whatever the reason, there is no good excuse for being a racist.

I do point out here that Democrats are racists (not meaning that they are the ONLY racists even though some posters choose to interpret what I say as such). The reason I point it out is that I have been called a racist (in the nastiest of terms) for the last almost 8 years because I disagree with Obama's political stances. I am sick of it. It's not his skin color I disagree with. It's his politics. And that disagreement doesn't make me a racist. I'm just standing up for myself by noting that some Democrats are racists.
I don't agree with all of what Obama has done, or tried to do, but I get offended with the cartoons which depict him as a witch doctor with a bone in his nose. There is nothing wrong with criticism, and it should happen, every president should be criticized for policies he creates which are wrong. But the racially motivated cartoons are something we shouldn't have in our society, and there have been way too many of them over the past several years.

Heading for bed, goodnight, Jen.

Jen

Senator
I don't agree with all of what Obama has done, or tried to do, but I get offended with the cartoons which depict him as a witch doctor with a bone in his nose. There is nothing wrong with criticism, and it should happen, every president should be criticized for policies he creates which are wrong. But the racially motivated cartoons are something we shouldn't have in our society, and there have been way too many of them over the past several years.

Heading for bed, goodnight, Jen.
That offends me too as did GWBush as a chimp. Some things take disagreement too far.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
The difference here is that one entire party is constantly trying to slanderously label another as being "racist".

Meanwhile, most black people I've ever discussed political history with didn't know it was the Democrats that were the ones opposing civil rights for so long. They assumed it was Republicans, because their entire lives Conservatives have just been written off as "racists", but in all reality they're just sprinting away from intelligent debate.

EatTheRich

President
In my objective opinion, based upon my independent observations over lo these many years of traveling the globe;

The American media and the left-leaning fellows and ladies have cried 'racist' and 'bigot' so many times (over the least, nonsensical thing) that most people with an IQ higher than 120 have become numb to it.

In other words, nobody in their right mind believes anything or anybody related to 'the latest news story regarding racism allegations', because it's usually bull$hit.

Get it?
It's worn out.
Tired.
Trite.
Disingenuous.
Useless.

It's sort of the point of that admittedly old and worn-out cartoon.

Are there racists out there?
Hell yes.

Are there small clusters of white men and women engaging in racist behaviors?
Yes.

Is the entire Republican Party, and are all white people, (and even independents like myself) patently racist because we don't parrot the popular (D) Party narrative?
Hell no.

Again in my observation, the most strident and militantly-racist men and women I have witnessed in the past decade have been the blacks.

Jesse Jackson (professional racist, race-baiter, and extortionist).

Al Sharpton (professional racist, race-bater, and television personality clown).

Barack and Michelle Obama (perpetual racists, race-baiters, agitators, and disingenuous frauds).

The Congressional Black Caucus (government-sponsored racists, race-baiters, lethargic jackasses, and utterly-intellecually-dishonest a$$-hats).

Sheila Jackson-Lee (racist, race-baiter, and quite possibly the dumbest person in Congress, maybe even the dumbest person in the United States).

The NAACP, the most absurd and outdated pack of racists in the history of these United States.

The American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE), the union that promotes racism and frivolous grievances and lawsuits among black government workers.

You can argue with me (if you are a left-leaning, perpetually-offended little girl) but I will only ridicule you, if and when you do.

So, bring it on, if you like.
I look forward to humbling you.

:)
Are you suggesting that through the agency of Jesse Jackson, Barack Obama, the NAACP, etc., that whites no longer have preferential access to jobs, housing, medical care, education, environmental quality, and justice because of race, and that indeed Blacks now enjoy preferential access to all these things? Because there is plenty of sociological evidence to the contrary.

Wahbooz

Governor
The difference here is that one entire party is constantly trying to slanderously label another as being "racist".

Meanwhile, most black people I've ever discussed political history with didn't know it was the Democrats that were the ones opposing civil rights for so long. They assumed it was Republicans, because their entire lives Conservatives have just been written off as "racists", but in all reality they're just sprinting away from intelligent debate.
Get your facts straight, my man. It was Dixiecrats who opposed the Civil Rights Amendment, and many of them left the Democratic party and became Republicans. Like I told Jen, this is not a political party thing, it is a person thing. And look around you, here on this board, and pay attention to the stereotyping. If you do, you'll see it's engrained in certain people. I don't give a flying fvck who it is, I call a spade a spade. Republican or Democrat, if you can't stand the color, get out of the game.

And I would like to draw people's attention to the fact Obama was portrayed, before the election, as a 'chicken eatin' mother fvcker', and cartoons of watermelons growing in the rose garden, and soul food being served at state dinners. This sure as the fvck wasn't Democrats doing that. Want to criticize him, fine. But when race is drawn into it, it is no longer simply criticism.

I've lived surrounded by racism all my life, and I know what it smells like. Damn, I hate gettin' pissed.

Last edited:

Sparky2

Council Member
Are you suggesting that through the agency of Jesse Jackson, Barack Obama, the NAACP, etc., that whites no longer have preferential access to jobs, housing, medical care, education, environmental quality, and justice because of race, and that indeed Blacks now enjoy preferential access to all these things? Because there is plenty of sociological evidence to the contrary.
Go back and read my post, friend who calls himself 'EatTheRich'.
Read it with an objective eye.
Drop the 'left versus right' nonsense.

What I said (in so many words) was that people constantly screeching and yowling 'racism' has become tiresome, tedious, and worn-out. The race card has been played too many times. It's become trite and cliche'.

Objectively, do you know who does have preferential access to jobs, housing, medical care, environmental quality, and justice? Hard-working, intelligent, motivated, tax-payers, of ALL COLORS, ethnicities, and backgrounds.

Do you know who really doesn't have preferential access to jobs, housing, medical care, environmental quality, and justice? People who don't want to work for it, people who are easily led, and people who blindly follow the likes of Jesse Jackson, Barack Obama, the NAACP into a culture of perpetual victimhood, drama, whining, and over-dependence on the government hand-out.

This is the land of opportunity, chum.
Blacks have demonstrated, more now than ever in the history of the nation, that they can and will achieve the highest of positions, prestige, and power. They are corporate CEO's, they are business owners, they are doctors, they are lawyers, and (*gasp*, have you heard?) they have even become Senators, Congressmen, and the US President.

You work hard, you achieve.
You sit back and whine and wait for your government check, you do not achieve.

EatTheRich

President

What I said (in so many words) was that people constantly screeching and yowling 'racism' has become tiresome, tedious, and worn-out. The race card has been played too many times. It's become trite and cliche'.

Objectively, do you know who does have preferential access to jobs, housing, medical care, environmental quality, and justice? Hard-working, intelligent, motivated, tax-payers, of ALL COLORS, ethnicities, and backgrounds.

Do you know who really doesn't have preferential access to jobs, housing, medical care, environmental quality, and justice? People who don't want to work for it, people who are easily led, and people who blindly follow the likes of Jesse Jackson, Barack Obama, the NAACP into a culture of perpetual victimhood, drama, whining, and over-dependence on the government hand-out.

Blacks have demonstrated, more now than ever in the history of the nation, that they can and will achieve the highest of positions, prestige, and power. They are corporate CEO's, they are business owners, they are doctors, they are lawyers, and (*gasp*, have you heard?) they have even become Senators, Congressmen, and the US President.

This is a land of unequal opportunity, and your being tired of people calling attention to that inconvenient fact doesn't change it. One example: Black people with no criminal records are less likely to get jobs than white people with felony convictions. Also, the percentage of business owners who are Black is much lower today than in the days of Jim Crow.

That a handful of Blacks, through a combination of luck, hard work, and talent, are able to overcome the odds against them doesn't prove anything. The same was true in the days of separate drinking fountains.

Sparky2

Council Member
This is a land of unequal opportunity, and your being tired of people calling attention to that inconvenient fact doesn't change it. One example: Black people with no criminal records are less likely to get jobs than white people with felony convictions. Also, the percentage of business owners who are Black is much lower today than in the days of Jim Crow.

That a handful of Blacks, through a combination of luck, hard work, and talent, are able to overcome the odds against them doesn't prove anything. The same was true in the days of separate drinking fountains.
Whatever makes you happy, bub.

If believing this nonsense makes you happy, then you go right on believing it.

The rest of us are going forward with the business of hard work, achievement, inspiring others (of all races) who need inspiring, and helping those (of all races) who occasionally need a hand-out.

How does this explain the high percentage of blacks in jail for minor offenses and crimes specifically targeted at minorities? Look up the history of pot and cocaine legislation and come back to us with your equality and hard work myth.

Sparky2

Council Member
How does this explain the high percentage of blacks in jail for minor offenses and crimes specifically targeted at minorities? Look up the history of pot and cocaine legislation and come back to us with your equality and hard work myth.
Woolleybugger,

I took a few criminal justice classes while in college.
I have also been friends with some law enforcement types over the years, including a narcotics investigator.

Let's separate two things right off the bat, if you want to be intellectually-honest;

a. The high percentage of blacks in jail for minor offenses and crimes
and
b. The absurdity of your notion of "minor offenses and crimes specifically targeted at minorities".

It is folly to assume that 'pot and cocaine legislation' has only ever been enacted to go after blacks. In fact, it's insulting to any reasonable person's intelligence.

Blacks and whites and hispanics who habitually go to jail for drug offenses are there because they simply aren't bright enough to stop making bad choices.

A St. Joseph, Missouri police officer and instructor once told us, "Criminals are stupid".
Criminals do dumb things.

Stupid people, of all colors and persuasions, can still achieve.
They can rise above the dumb choices and the gangsta culture.
But it takes dedication, hard work, and a willingness to pursue education and training.

Sit and watch interview after interview with blacks who came from poor, humble, urban beginnings, and yet made something of themselves because they refused to fall into the same, tired stereotypes and the culture of perpetual victimhood.

I work with a few black men and women who have succeeded very well, despite their horrible upbringing and the environment they found themselves growing up in. I admire them, and I look forward to working with them on a daily basis.

I stand by all my earlier statements.

Wahbooz

Governor
May I interject something? There are perceptions in this society about a person, and it can be as simple as a person's name that causes them to be the victim of discrimination. Evrod Cassimy did a story called 'What's In A Name'. Unfortunately the video no longer is on the news program website, and the Q&A showed how people even today perceive others strictly on name only. But the story can still be read.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/family/does-your-name-affect-your-success_2015120113523286

EatTheRich

President
Blacks and whites and hispanics who habitually go to jail for drug offenses are there because they simply aren't bright enough to stop making bad choices.
Which bad choices, exactly? Which bad choices lead Blacks to go to prison for drug offenses at much higher rates, although whites are actually more likely to use drugs?

Wahbooz

Governor
Which bad choices, exactly? Which bad choices lead Blacks to go to prison for drug offenses at much higher rates, although whites are actually more likely to use drugs?
I could be wrong, but I suspect Sparky is referring to drug dealing. Many young blacks can be seduced into selling drugs as a way to get out of the 'ghetto'. They see easy money, and figure that is their only hope in many cases.