• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Ratings back - yes or no

Do you want ratings back in situ?

• Total voters

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
I ask yesterday or was it the day before if Rule 15 was being enforced after getting first three pages of my alerts rated dislike by now_what and was banned recently for rating abuse and needed to know if I returned three pages of dislikes in a row if rule would be applied...…...

Must be my fault...…...after 3 damn pages of dislikes in alerts, if it is...….it is what it is...……...
Here's a clue. Both sides have been reporting ratings abuse.
Didn't someone say that anyone who abused rating would have the function removed for them? Just them?
It's not the end of the world or the forum but I'm confused and annoyed. Also troubled by the inability of adults to show a bit of maturity and restraint.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't someone say that anyone who abused rating would have the function removed for them? Just them?
It's not the end of the world or the forum but I'm confused and annoyed. Also troubled by the inability of adults to show a bit of maturity and restraint.
Your last sentence is the Crux of the matter

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
On older posts, not on new ones -- 8 options only.

It' a fun and useful feature. Hate to see it crippled.
you are correct it is a fun and useful feature but for some reason some individuals choose to be abusive with it the point of irritating the hell out of everyone

you are correct it is a fun and useful feature but for some reason some individuals choose to be abusive with it the point of irritating the hell out of everyone
So take the facility away from them - if they are that irritating - but give 'em back to the rest of us.

Jen

Senator
Here's a clue. Both sides have been reporting ratings abuse.
Hmmm.......... I thought those who were abusing them were the ones that were going to lost them. Isn't that what SW said?

I have NEVER reported about ratings abuse. Not once. Nor have I abused them. Not ever.

Yet, I lost a lot of ratings.
WTH?

Jen

Senator
I just saw this........I asked about that too.

WTH?

I didn't abuse them or complain about them...........yet I lost them...........

It is beyond annoying when the management doesn't stick to its word.

Jen

Senator
Your last sentence is the Crux of the matter
Another "crux" is that management says one things (the abusers will lose their ability to rate) and does another (takes ratings from everyone).

I try to support staff decisions. I understand your difficulties. I know it must be maddening to have a lot of immature posters.

But the owner saying one thing and doing something else is not something that anyone should be expected to support, and I don't support it.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Another "crux" is that management says one things (the abusers will lose their ability to rate) and does another (takes ratings from everyone).

I try to support staff decisions. I understand your difficulties. I know it must be maddening to have a lot of immature posters.

But the owner saying one thing and doing something else is not something that anyone should be expected to support, and I don't support it.

Actually, the owner did honor what was agreed and then some f'ed it up

I think it's still a work in progress but instead of addressing the abusers...you attack the 'management'

Jen

Senator
Actually, the owner did honor what was agreed and then some f'ed it up

I think it's still a work in progress but instead of addressing the abusers...you attack the 'management'
I don't know who the abusers are but I do wish they would grow up.