• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Real money is not debt, it is riches.

Wahbooz

Governor
You must reaaaallllllly like poking your head in the clouds. Yes, the Greenbacks DID depreciate in value, all throughout the Civil War. They did not appreciate until the end of their life, when they were made convertible into gold.

Did I say anything about silver dollars? No, I did not, but just because we went on a de facto gold standard did not affect the use of silver dollars, or their minting. Nor did the using of silver as a standard affect the minting of gold coins, so I have absolutely not idea why you even try to use that.

You can ramble on and on all you want, but if you intend to be taken seriously you need to know what you're talking about. And playing circle jerk with the idea it's not important whether the mints print money or produce coin, or how many 'mints' there are.

I don't care, enjoy the Cirrocumulus region.

Days

Commentator
You must reaaaallllllly like poking your head in the clouds. Yes, the Greenbacks DID depreciate in value, all throughout the Civil War. They did not appreciate until the end of their life, when they were made convertible into gold.

Did I say anything about silver dollars? No, I did not, but just because we went on a de facto gold standard did not affect the use of silver dollars, or their minting. Nor did the using of silver as a standard affect the minting of gold coins, so I have absolutely not idea why you even try to use that.

You can ramble on and on all you want, but if you intend to be taken seriously you need to know what you're talking about. And playing circle jerk with the idea it's not important whether the mints print money or produce coin, or how many 'mints' there are.

I don't care, enjoy the Cirrocumulus region.
It's not so much that I don't know what I'm talking about, it's just that I don't know what you are talking about. I'm talking about our money supply... how it went from real money to a fiat bank credit. You made the point that we can thank Andrew Jackson for everything that happened from 1836-1913; which I took to mean the period the republic went without a central bank. Andrew Jackson was responsible for promoting state banks over the Wall Street crew; we have anti-trust laws in this nation... he enforced them. But the Wall Street banks fought back and they demonetized the silver dollar under Grant... which paved the way for the reconstruction of a 3rd central bank.

I see the history of the money for the struggle it was , between the republic and the international bankers. But that's not how it played out in your mind, everything is just awash in your mind, you take none of this seriously and you are blissfully ignorant of how serious it truly is. Likewise, the money supply is 99% electronic, but not in your mind, in your mind there's the paper in your wallet and the coins in your pocket and that is the whole money supply as far as you are concerned. Damn if you are going to take the other 99% serious or any tin foil hat banker who tries to tell you otherwise.

And the greenbacks did not depreciate in value, every dollar was still worth a dollar; did you know that in those days, bank coupons would decline in value the farther you traveled from the bank where they had to be redeemed? The banks wanted the sovereign power of the US dollar... which was legal tender throughout the United States, it didn't suffer that fate. Now, the dollar itself suffered from the ongoing recession that the nation fell under when it lost the silver dollar; the central political issue that the Democratic party pushed for in those days was the return of the silver dollar... follow the yellow brick road.

But I'm sure this is just meaningless rambling to you, you've read the history of our money and it's just a bunch of dates and events in your mind... there's no struggle for sovereignty going on as you see it. To you, it's just a meaningless 225 years of changes that happened to take place and none of it matters... except for where the mints are located, of course.

Last edited: