• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Recently I was fortunate enough to be able to spend a week in the South...

EatTheRich

President
We? Democracy is only ok up to a point old bean! Who is we?

That isn't actually what I said was it? I said that was my problem with it -
As I understood it, that was your argument against affirmative action. I was merely pointing out that the same goes, just to a greater extent, for an unremediated status quo.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
If Blacks have to be much better at abstract thinking to get the same number of questions right on the placement tests, just because it asks about things our culture has deprived them of exposure to, shouldn't that superiority be reflected in the scores? The fact is that when affirmative action programs were more robust (in the 1970s and 1980s), workforces tended to be both more diverse and more capable. The military, in which affirmative action can be a life-or-death decision, strongly supports affirmative action in the belief that it will result in the strongest possible military.
Abstract thinking? Wrong North Carolinas placement test consisted of subjects that you would find on the Military's ASVAB

EatTheRich

President
Abstract thinking? Wrong North Carolinas placement test consisted of subjects that you would find on the Military's ASVAB
And given equal aptitude, we would expect Blacks to consistently score lower on such a test statistically as a result of unequal access to educational resources and flaws built into the design of those tests. Most such tests, including the ASVAB, were modeled on and calibrated against the Stanford-Binet IQ test, the creators of which actually rejected questions as poorly designed if Blacks outscored whites on them (based on the a priori belief that whites were smarter), and revisions of which rejected questions if they didn't preserve the same rankings as the earlier versions with the openly racist designs.

EatTheRich

President
Once again North Carolina's placement test was similar to the military's ASVAB Blacks were given points on their score. All that you wrote was useless and word play had nothing to do with the fact Blacks were given points just because they were black.
Is the point of the test to rank people arbitrarily, or is it to accept those that are best? If the latter, it makes sense to give Blacks points to compensate for the racially-distributed disadvantages that cost them points.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
Is the point of the test to rank people arbitrarily, or is it to accept those that are best? If the latter, it makes sense to give Blacks points to compensate for the racially-distributed disadvantages that cost them points.
The test is supposed to place candidates on equal footing and find out who is the best person for the job. being abstract has nothing to do with anything competence does.

EatTheRich

President
The test is supposed to place candidates on equal footing and find out who is the best person for the job. being abstract has nothing to do with anything competence does.
And, again, the military, for which competence is a life-or-death issue (and the organization which created and administers the ASVAB tests) strongly supports affirmative action because it is the best way to select the most competent (instead of selecting less competent people simply because they are white males who do well on tests designed by white males for white males to do well on).

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
And, again, the military, for which competence is a life-or-death issue (and the organization which created and administers the ASVAB tests) strongly supports affirmative action because it is the best way to select the most competent (instead of selecting less competent people simply because they are white males who do well on tests designed by white males for white males to do well on).
Blah blah blah
Blacks were given an advancement even though they were less qualified
Would you want your doctor to be given a higher score on his exam to be a doctor? Let's say he scored 64 but because of affirmative action points were added to his score and his final score ended up at 82.

As I understood it, that was your argument against affirmative action. I was merely pointing out that the same goes, just to a greater extent, for an unremediated status quo.
Sadiq Khan, the new and unpopular ( the winner out of two very very unpopular choices) Mayor of London - which is an extremely powerful seat - He holds the key to the City of London and sits on the Cabinet - has said he wants a 'quota system' made into law - so that there is always a quota of Black people on every board - How the fu'ck will that work fairly in countries which are indigenously and mainly English/Scottish/Welsh/Irish? How will that work out in the rural districts? As it is now our district councils are almost gone and become EU regional Assemblies ---

You can and probably will argue that Britain ruled over others in their countries in the past --- Well how did that end?

And given equal aptitude, we would expect Blacks to consistently score lower on such a test statistically as a result of unequal access to educational resources and flaws built into the design of those tests. Most such tests, including the ASVAB, were modeled on and calibrated against the Stanford-Binet IQ test, the creators of which actually rejected questions as poorly designed if Blacks outscored whites on them (based on the a priori belief that whites were smarter), and revisions of which rejected questions if they didn't preserve the same rankings as the earlier versions with the openly racist designs.
Forcing Us to Accept Something So Obviously Stupid Makes Them Feel Powerful

Racial equality is also an a priori assumption. Racism is realism. Despite all facts about behavior and productivity proving the opposite of equality, Social Justice Warlords insist on having judgments presupposed in the way that makes you feel superior to those who base their opinions on the evidence.

Lumpen Proletariat

The military is run by class-climbers who do whatever the ruling class wants. Leftists can't see through this because they don't recognize that integration was an attack on the White working class. This leads to the conclusion that the Left is controlled by the Right. Further proof is that the obsolete aristocratic institution of the university is the cradle of Rainbow delusions.

EatTheRich

President
Blah blah blah
Blacks were given an advancement even though they were less qualified
Would you want your doctor to be given a higher score on his exam to be a doctor? Let's say he scored 64 but because of affirmative action points were added to his score and his final score ended up at 82.
Again, your assumption is that the whites' unadjusted scores are higher because they are more qualified and not, as decades of evidence shows, because they benefit from societal patterns of racial privilege.

EatTheRich

President
Sadiq Khan, the new and unpopular ( the winner out of two very very unpopular choices) Mayor of London - which is an extremely powerful seat - He holds the key to the City of London and sits on the Cabinet - has said he wants a 'quota system' made into law - so that there is always a quota of Black people on every board - How the fu'ck will that work fairly in countries which are indigenously and mainly English/Scottish/Welsh/Irish? How will that work out in the rural districts? As it is now our district councils are almost gone and become EU regional Assemblies ---

You can and probably will argue that Britain ruled over others in their countries in the past --- Well how did that end?
I don't know how it would work in the UK. I don't know how race is distributed geographically there, at all. Presumably, though, there is a way to make sure that the country's large Black minority is included, as opposed to the present system where English are still privileged over every other ethnicity.

EatTheRich

President
Forcing Us to Accept Something So Obviously Stupid Makes Them Feel Powerful

Racial equality is also an a priori assumption. Racism is realism. Despite all facts about behavior and productivity proving the opposite of equality, Social Justice Warlords insist on having judgments presupposed in the way that makes you feel superior to those who base their opinions on the evidence.
What facts? When you're talking about the U.S., pretty much everything I've seen shows that when it comes to something that people can exercise individual responsibility for (working hard in school, say, or staying off drugs), Blacks do as well as, or better than, whites ... when it comes to something that is beyond people's control (getting a job, getting a bank loan), that's where the racial differences (which have almost no genetic foundation but are merely arbitrary social distinctions) start to assert themselves.

EatTheRich

President
Lumpen Proletariat

The military is run by class-climbers who do whatever the ruling class wants. Leftists can't see through this because they don't recognize that integration was an attack on the White working class. This leads to the conclusion that the Left is controlled by the Right. Further proof is that the obsolete aristocratic institution of the university is the cradle of Rainbow delusions.
Integration was a victory for the working class, white or nonwhite. It strengthened the unions by weakening the bosses' ability to pit workers of one race against workers of another.

protectionist

Governor
I have lived in the Tampa Bay area for 27 years. When I first moved here, I was a fisherman and I used to go to the Tampa Bay piers and marinas quite often. I remember walking past about 100 cabin cruiser boats, and just about every one of them was sporting a bright red Confederate flag on it.

A few year after that, at the most major interstate intersection (I-4 & I-75) flew the largest Confederate flag in America. I think it's still there, or a slightly smaller version of it. Nobody seems to care very much. It is only in a few places where this ever was an issue, and even there mostly instigated by leftist radicals hoping to get black people mad at whites for whatever the hell they think they have a reason for that.

Just today there was protest in Tampa over a black guy shot by a cop, and a minor riot flared up. You could see signs held by the protestors. At the bottom of the signs it said >> ANSWERcoalition.org (a radical leftist group) jumping on every oppotunity to fan the flames of the racism they claim to oppose.

protectionist

Governor
What facts? When you're talking about the U.S., pretty much everything I've seen shows that when it comes to something that people can exercise individual responsibility for (working hard in school, say, or staying off drugs), Blacks do as well as, or better than, whites ... when it comes to something that is beyond people's control (getting a job, getting a bank loan), that's where the racial differences (which have almost no genetic foundation but are merely arbitrary social distinctions) start to assert themselves.
"when it comes to something that is beyond people's control (getting a job, getting a bank loan...", getting job promotions, college admissions, college financial aid, "that's where the racial differences (which have almost no genetic foundation but are merely arbitrary social distinctions) start to assert themselves...". giving Blacks huge, unfair advantages over Whites, by way of Affirmative Action discrimination.

EatTheRich

President
"when it comes to something that is beyond people's control (getting a job, getting a bank loan...", getting job promotions, college admissions, college financial aid, "that's where the racial differences (which have almost no genetic foundation but are merely arbitrary social distinctions) start to assert themselves...". giving Blacks huge, unfair advantages over Whites, by way of Affirmative Action discrimination.
Of course, Blacks are considerably less likely to have access to jobs or credit than whites are, even if everything else (education, criminal background, credit history) is the same.