• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Regarding Cuomo "refusing" the 16,000 ventilators in 2015...

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Listening to those on the net and idiot Trumnp Toadies spout this...I decided to fact check it.

Although Cuomo had the option to buy ventilators, I don't see anything about "at a very low price" as your lying, POS Trump keeps spouting.

FACT CHECK (read the above from the link....for nore info. I don't see anything about "a very low price" but maybe I missed it or Trump pulled it out of his fat ass like he does every other lie or exaggeration he tells. No matter what the price, it evidently wasn't even an option, considewring that there was no pandemic or there wasn't enough money to buy them and keep up their existing medical expenses or that they were even "recommended".
But when the source is GATEWAY PUNDIT, it's highly it's nothing but a smear job about Cuomo because he and Trump have had their battles.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Trump+claiming+that+Cuomo+could+have+bought+ventilators+in+2015+at+a+very+low+price&rlz=1C1EJFB_enUS786US786&oq=Trump+claiming+that+Cuomo+could+have+bought+ventilators+in+2015+at+a+very+low+price&aqs=chrome..69i57.28526j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Trump said Cuomo "rejected buying recommended 16,000 ventilators in 2015 for the pandemic, for a pandemic, established death panels and lotteries instead. So, he had a chance to buy, in 2015, 16,000 ventilators at a very low price and he turned it down."
Our ruling
A 2015 state report said that in the case of a "severe" pandemic, the state would be short about 16,000 ventilators during peak week. But the report did not recommend buying 16,000 ventilators, and did not indicate whether the state was at a fiscal position to purchase them.

The state did not plan to increase its stockpile because it anticipated that in the event of a severe crisis, there would be shortage of trained staff to operate them and demand would outweigh any emergency stockpile. The report said the state had to balance the likely ventilator shortage with the need for adequate funding for current and ongoing health care expenses.

The report issued guidelines on ventilator allocation if there weren’t enough for everyone and suggested that hospitals designate a triage officer or committee. It explored a lottery system, but did not recommend it as the primary option. Cuomo did not establish one.

Trump’s statement is inaccurate. We rate it False.

Colorforms

Senator
Listening to those on the net and idiot Trumnp Toadies spout this...I decided to fact check it.

Although Cuomo had the option to buy ventilators, I don't see anything about "at a very low price" as your lying, POS Trump keeps spouting.

FACT CHECK (read the above from the link....for nore info. I don't see anything about "a very low price" but maybe I missed it or Trump pulled it out of his fat ass like he does every other lie or exaggeration he tells. No matter what the price, it evidently wasn't even an option, considewring that there was no pandemic or there wasn't enough money to buy them and keep up their existing medical expenses or that they were even "recommended".
But when the source is GATEWAY PUNDIT, it's highly it's nothing but a smear job about Cuomo because he and Trump have had their battles.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Trump+claiming+that+Cuomo+could+have+bought+ventilators+in+2015+at+a+very+low+price&rlz=1C1EJFB_enUS786US786&oq=Trump+claiming+that+Cuomo+could+have+bought+ventilators+in+2015+at+a+very+low+price&aqs=chrome..69i57.28526j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Trump said Cuomo "rejected buying recommended 16,000 ventilators in 2015 for the pandemic, for a pandemic, established death panels and lotteries instead. So, he had a chance to buy, in 2015, 16,000 ventilators at a very low price and he turned it down."
Our ruling
A 2015 state report said that in the case of a "severe" pandemic, the state would be short about 16,000 ventilators during peak week. But the report did not recommend buying 16,000 ventilators, and did not indicate whether the state was at a fiscal position to purchase them.

The state did not plan to increase its stockpile because it anticipated that in the event of a severe crisis, there would be shortage of trained staff to operate them and demand would outweigh any emergency stockpile. The report said the state had to balance the likely ventilator shortage with the need for adequate funding for current and ongoing health care expenses.

The report issued guidelines on ventilator allocation if there weren’t enough for everyone and suggested that hospitals designate a triage officer or committee. It explored a lottery system, but did not recommend it as the primary option. Cuomo did not establish one.

So, in other words, Cuomo has an excuse for not buying those ventilators, so Trump lied in saying he could have bought them but didn't. So lame. :)

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
So, in other words, Cuomo has an excuse for not buying those ventilators, so Trump lied in saying he could have bought them but didn't. So lame. :)
NOPE...he had a legitimate reason. They couldn't afford them. Do you have an excuse for Trump signing the release of the ventilators aned PPE and yet not activating that??
BLAME CUOMO BLAME THE OTHER GOVERNORS. Who the holy hell is supposed to be the LEADER of this god forsaken country??? DONALD J TRUMP....He needs to do his fricken job and stop trying to kill us all in order to save his precious election. SO LAME.

reason10

Governor
NOPE...he had a legitimate reason. They couldn't afford them.

When you say stupid stuff like this all the time, you shouldn't wonder why you get the responses you get. A DEMOCRAT tries to claim he/she/it CANNOT AFFORD SOMETHING paid for by tax dollars?

1585434012689.png

Colorforms

Senator
NOPE...he had a legitimate reason. They couldn't afford them. Do you have an excuse for Trump signing the release of the ventilators aned PPE and yet not activating that??
BLAME CUOMO BLAME THE OTHER GOVERNORS. Who the holy hell is supposed to be the LEADER of this god forsaken country??? DONALD J TRUMP....He needs to do his fricken job and stop trying to kill us all in order to save his precious election. SO LAME.
No, they didn't afford them. There is a difference. Democrats think excuse making is good policy. "We could of had them but I needed to give the money to failed green initiatives instead."

Bugsy McGurk

President

Our ruling

Every state and the federal government COULD have bought thousands of ventilator years ago. None did. Trump’s criticism of Cuomo for this is just his usual pathetic fingerpointing. The real issue is what has happened in the past three months.

Colorforms

Senator
Every state and the federal government COULD have bought thousands of ventilator years ago. None did. Trump’s criticism of Cuomo for this is just his usual pathetic fingerpointing. The real issue is what has happened in the past three months.
Not every state is whining about not having them. :)

Colorforms

Senator
Every state will be “whining” about not having them in due course.

And, needless to say, your use of the word “whining” to discuss pleas for equipment to save peoples’ lives is utterly deplorable.
Ah, so Cuomo is a trend setter as well as being a callous incompetent. It's good to have skills. :)

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
True but supposedly they didnt 'have that kind of money. Not everyone has TRILLIONS of money at his disposal as Trump. Watch him make sure he bails out his businesses, some that were already failing.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Ah, so Cuomo is a trend setter as well as being a callous incompetent. It's good to have skills. :)
He set no trend. He’s just like every other governor and the federal government. Could they have bought the many thousands of ventilators now necessary? Sure. Did any of them? No. Has Trump programmed you to hate on Cuomo for this? Yes.

Bugsy McGurk

President
True but supposedly they didnt 'have that kind of money. Not everyone has TRILLIONS of money at his disposal as Trump. Watch him make sure he bails out his businesses, some that were already failing.
Sure, but limited funds are almost besides the point. No one bought tens of thousands of ventilators in the past to put them in stockpiles, but Trump has directed his cultists to hate on Cuomo for this, so they do it. It’s their way of coping with Trump’s abominable failures during the last three months as the virus ran wild.

Colorforms

Senator
He set no trend. He’s just like every other governor and the federal government. Could they have bought the many thousands of ventilators now necessary? Sure. Did any of them? No. Has Trump programmed you to hate on Cuomo for this? Yes.
Coumo thought green initiates were more important than the health of his people. Now he's whining because of his poor judgement and expecting Trump to cover his ass.

I don't hate. That's more your thing. I call Cuomo on his BS.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Only Congress has 'that kind of money' not Trump and Congress already working on another bill with more money than the one they finally sent to Trump.

NY (Cuomo) had $750million in 2015 to spend on Solar Panels instead of $500+million on ventilators.

No politician or cabinet members can bail out their businesses by Law.