• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Regarding the NYT equating Vietnam Vets with the KKK.....

The National Commander of the VFW wanted the membership to respond and write and email to the NYT regarding the off the rails op ed piece equating Combat Vets with domestic terrorists and Vietnam vets with the KKK.

Here is what I wrote:
Editor:

I served in the US Army with 2 tours in Vietnam from1965 through 1967 with a month break .

I am writing to ask why you hate Veterans so much by publishing garbage comparing Combat Veterans, especially Vietnam Veterans to the KKK and domestic terrorists? While I support your right to publish this kind of crap, ( that right which every veteran fought to defend) you did make the choice to do it, so I’m using my right to free speech to respond

I have lead a successful life being a business owner, providing job opportunities to 7 employees, in spite of the Liberal establishment calling me a baby killer, insulting my service, and generally looking down on me and other Vietnam vets with distaste.

I thought we were done with all that.

Throughout the 1970s, 80s and even occasionally in the 90s, most of the media painted us as brain damaged psychopaths, even though the great majority of us got over the treatment we received and went on to lead successful lives.

Over 58, 000 brave Americans gave their lives in service to their beloved land, out of 5 million total that served in Vietnam, We didn't run to Canada, destroy property on college campuses and in riots and demonstration, and for that we were condemned.

With Obama and the Democrat Party imposing their ideology on this country to a degree not seen before, at least by me, I can only conclude that this ‘wet behind the ear’s’ Liberal, who wrote this article, who wasn’t even alive during Vietnam, and you by collaboration, are very desperate to cover up the complete collapse of your ideology. It has collapsed diplomatically, economically, domestically and socially.

So you and Obama must resort to turning Americans against each other, slamming veterans, Republicans and anyone who doesn't want your brand of equality imposed on them. This article is but one example; Harry Reid calling the Koch Brothers ‘unpatriotic’ and ‘un-American’ and the Ranchers in Nevada “domestic terrorists” is another.

You, and most of the rest of the media, are one of four corners of deceit, Education, Science and Liberal Government being the other three, you are doing great damage to this nation; your children and grandchildren will be unfortunate enough to live to see the results of that damage.

I think it's clear as to who is a patriot and who is not, to any objective observer of what is currently happening in this country.

That's all I have to say.

Sergeant Major LW Staples
Roan Mountain, Tennessee 37687

Bugsy McGurk

President
Link us to the article.
Ps you'll never get that letter printed......too long and nasty
Note the twisted mind of the right winger - post some diatribe yammering about something that was supposedly said without even pasting in what was said.

That type of discourse seems normal to them.

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
Note the twisted mind of the right winger - post some diatribe yammering about something that was supposedly said without even pasting in what was said.

All part of their fantasy world where they are the victims of the evil "gubber-Mint"

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
The number of Vietnam veterans in that movement was small — a tiny proportion of those who served — but Vietnam veterans forged the first links between Klansmen and Nazis since World War II. They were central in leading Klan and neo-Nazi groups past the anti-civil rights backlash of the 1960s and toward paramilitary violence. The white power movement they forged had strongholds not only in the South, but also in the Pacific Northwest, Colorado, California and Pennsylvania. Its members carried weapons like those they had used in Vietnam, and used boot-camp rhetoric to frame their pursuit of domestic enemies. They condoned violence against innocent people and, eventually, the state itself.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/16/opinion/veterans-and-white-supremacy.html?_r=0

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
The National Commander of the VFW wanted the membership to respond and write and email to the NYT regarding the off the rails op ed piece equating Combat Vets with domestic terrorists and Vietnam vets with the KKK.

Here is what I wrote:
Editor:

I served in the US Army with 2 tours in Vietnam from1965 through 1967 with a month break .

I am writing to ask why you hate Veterans so much by publishing garbage comparing Combat Veterans, especially Vietnam Veterans to the KKK and domestic terrorists? While I support your right to publish this kind of crap, ( that right which every veteran fought to defend) you did make the choice to do it, so I’m using my right to free speech to respond

I have lead a successful life being a business owner, providing job opportunities to 7 employees, in spite of the Liberal establishment calling me a baby killer, insulting my service, and generally looking down on me and other Vietnam vets with distaste.

Throughout the 1970s, 80s and even occasionally in the 90s, most of the media painted us as brain damaged psychopaths, even though the great majority of us got over the treatment we received and went on to lead successful lives.

Over 58, 000 brave Americans gave their lives in service to their beloved land, out of 5 million total that served in Vietnam, We didn't run to Canada, destroy property on college campuses and in riots and demonstration, and for that we were condemned.

With Obama and the Democrat Party imposing their ideology on this country to a degree not seen before, at least by me, I can only conclude that this ‘wet behind the ear’s’ Liberal, who wrote this article, who wasn’t even alive during Vietnam, and you by collaboration, are very desperate to cover up the complete collapse of your ideology. It has collapsed diplomatically, economically, domestically and socially.

So you and Obama must resort to turning Americans against each other, slamming veterans, Republicans and anyone who doesn't want your brand of equality imposed on them. This article is but one example; Harry Reid calling the Koch Brothers ‘unpatriotic’ and ‘un-American’ and the Ranchers in Nevada “domestic terrorists” is another.

You, and most of the rest of the media, are one of four corners of deceit, Education, Science and Liberal Government being the other three, you are doing great damage to this nation; your children and grandchildren will be unfortunate enough to live to see the results of that damage.

I think it's clear as to who is a patriot and who is not, to any objective observer of what is currently happening in this country.

It's an Op-Ed...It is the opinion of the writer.

You won't get far saying education is one of the corners of deceit.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

strange.........libs always claim to know of all breaking news.............ya google broke or what☻

Mytzlplk

Governor

Here is what I wrote:
Editor:

well, many alleged VN vets are the KKK type -- like your racist pals on this board.

Renee

Governor
well, many alleged VN vets are the KKK type -- like your racist pals on this board.

This is from the article and from studies of hate groups. Not only viet nam veterans. Look at dawgs father who became a virulent anti Semite. Look at the hate that comes from the veterans here....and of course most veterans are decent people , but there is a disproportionate number of veterans in these groups.
The report singled out one factor that has fueled every surge in Ku Klux Klan membership in American history, from the 1860s to the present: war. The return of veterans from combat appears to correlate more closely with Klan membership than any other historical factor. “Military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists carrying out violent attacks,” the report warned. The agency was “concerned that right-wing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize returning veterans in order to boost their violent capabilities.”

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
This is from the article and from studies of hate groups. Not only viet nam veterans. Look at dawgs father who became a virulent anti Semite. Look at the hate that comes from the veterans here....and of course most veterans are decent people , but there is a disproportionate number of veterans in these groups.
The report singled out one factor that has fueled every surge in Ku Klux Klan membership in American history, from the 1860s to the present: war. The return of veterans from combat appears to correlate more closely with Klan membership than any other historical factor. “Military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists carrying out violent attacks,” the report warned. The agency was “concerned that right-wing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize returning veterans in order to boost their violent capabilities.”
do either of you 'pencil necks' realize how many Veterans have returned to civilian life___________evidently not or if the BS ya'll posting were FACT, both of you wouldn't be here posting your bigotry along with all those like ya'll......do the math libs.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
KKK isn't needed any longer....black on black murders.........RULE:
http://www.neontommy.com/news/2013/07/200-homicides-deaths-chicago-ignored-and-forgotten

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
You mean some of these Vets are still alive?....Wasn't the Vietnam fiasco like 60 years ago?...Who cares

middleview

President
Supporting Member
do either of you 'pencil necks' realize how many Veterans have returned to civilian life___________evidently not or if the BS ya'll posting were FACT, both of you wouldn't be here posting your bigotry along with all those like ya'll......do the math libs.
It seems you didn't read the article.

"The number of Vietnam veterans in that movement was small — a tiny proportion of those who served"