• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Relationship advise!

In a dating situation, the person points out your eating habits. For example, she says, "you stained your shirt." Comments like, "I'm surprised you didn't drop something on your clothes!"

Also, this person tells you how to turn your car around! Always giving you directions on the best way to get to someone's house etc. Not occasionally, all the time.

This person is always on the phone checking Facebook friends, playing games on the phone, etc.

This person is always cleaning the hands.... constantly... not occasionally.

Could write more... enough for now.

Ok, here is the deal... dated this person for 3 years and recently called it off. My son and his wife was happy that i did.

Your thoughts!

Not real sure why I'm writing this here.... maybe, i'm just bored today. lol

Jen

Senator
Not everyone is quite that controlling, Cotton. Sounds a little annoying. There are many more fish in the sea. Your son and his wife probably saw you being bossed around a little too much.

I have no doubt that you'll find another fish in the sea. But if it's a "mom" she might have some momish habits to unlearn. So be gentle.

Good luck and very best wishes.
:rockon:

Not everyone is quite that controlling, Cotton. Sounds a little annoying. There are many more fish in the sea. Your son and his wife probably saw you being bossed around a little too much.

I have no doubt that you'll find another fish in the sea. But if it's a "mom" she might have some momish habits to unlearn. So be gentle.

Good luck and very best wishes.
:rockon:
Controlling is key word Jen! Just never stopped. Well, it still hurts. Not an easy thing to do after 3 years. As u say, more "fish in the sea!" I'm getting too old for this kind of stuff Jen. Maybe, me and Sadie need to stay home... lol

Council Member
Cotton there are many good looking Democrats out there that could suite your fantasy, keep looking and don't look back. Have fun.

Council Member
One thing that alwasy stayed with me was when I was told that even in a bad relationship there are going to be feelings. You just have to suck it up and time will heal, it did for me.

Friday13

Governor
Someone like that would drive me crazy. Eating habits, driving, directions...all controlling. The phone stuff and cleaning hands...obsessive. Really bad combination! Sounds like your son and his wife have the right idea. Look for one of those "fish" who is more "laid back" and lets you relax. Not fun having to be on guard all the time...stress isn't good for folks our age.

One thing that alwasy stayed with me was when I was told that even in a bad relationship there are going to be feelings. You just have to suck it up and time will heal, it did for me.
8888, good advise.... suck it up and don't look back. She is a nice lady, but things don't work out sometimes. Thank you my friend!

Someone like that would drive me crazy. Eating habits, driving, directions...all controlling. The phone stuff and cleaning hands...obsessive. Really bad combination! Sounds like your son and his wife have the right idea. Look for one of those "fish" who is more "laid back" and lets you relax. Not fun having to be on guard all the time...stress isn't good for folks our age.
Amen to that A.... she is a nice lady, but.... just too much for this old dude!

Lapcat

Governor
Let's see. Neat/clean freak? Check. Personal GPS? Check. Addicted to social interaction? Check. Obsessive compulsive cleanliness? Check.

Sounds like those bossy and annoying little habits could become big annoying habits over the long haul....if they're bugging you enough to notice after only three years....lol.

Then again, you probably have some annoying little habits too and nobody's perfect. Sounds like a Lucy/Frasier/Seinfeld episode to me!

Didja ask the son & daughter-in-law why they're happy you broke it off? They might give you some insight.

Friday13

Governor
Cotton, my last BF was 15 years younger than me, we were together for 17 years, and he couldn't keep up with me. I have mellowed since he left...

Let's see. Neat/clean freak? Check. Personal GPS? Check. Addicted to social interaction? Check. Obsessive compulsive cleanliness? Check.

Sounds like those bossy and annoying little habits could become big annoying habits over the long haul....if they're bugging you enough to notice after only three years....lol.

Then again, you probably have some annoying little habits too and nobody's perfect. Sounds like a Lucy/Frasier/Seinfeld episode to me!

Didja ask the son & daughter-in-law why they're happy you broke it off? They might give you some insight.
Ditto.... i'm feeling better already! Thank u Lap!

Friday13

Governor

Gotta go with you on all of this, LC.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
if your shirt were stained and she didnt tell you...

who (woman) doesnt tell you how to turn the car around..

facebook... = quiet time.... think about it...

cleans hands = well, clean hands... not a bad thing..

Phil. Here to help.

Jen

Senator
Yah, I know................. but nobody needs to be totally controlled. And you've got us here........ I'm so sorry. And if I found myself alone, I'd just get a couple more cats and a yappy dog and a big bitey dog, and maybe a ferret or two.... (oh... sorry... I got carried away there) and stay home. So I understand what you're saying there.

I still think you probably did the right thing.

if your shirt were stained and she didnt tell you...

who (woman) doesnt tell you how to turn the car around..

facebook... = quiet time.... think about it...

cleans hands = well, clean hands... not a bad thing..

Phil. Here to help.
agree Phil...but, this is way past the norm....

Yah, I know................. but nobody needs to be totally controlled. And you've got us here........ I'm so sorry. And if I found myself alone, I'd just get a couple more cats and a yappy dog and a big bitey dog, and maybe a ferret or two.... (oh... sorry... I got carried away there) and stay home. So I understand what you're saying there.

I still think you probably did the right thing.
Loll... Sadie is all i need for now Jen!

think my son and daughter in law sealed the deal..