• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Remember the Titans!

Barbella

Senator
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0210945/

Watched it again last night, loved it again, especially since it was based on a true story.... and here’s the thing: when I watch stuff like that, I get absolutely furious at the displayed racism. I want to smash those old bigots, or at least shake them until they learn to be fair, open-minded, and ‘liberal’.

Then I compare 1971 to today, and reflect on how much times have changed for the better. That’s when I get a little ticked off when I see Blacks using racism as an excuse for their own failures, especially those who themselves have never experienced it. And yea, I think it’s disgusting when they riot, loot, burn and slash whenever they find the slightest real or imagined excuse.

On the other hand... I live in the South, Georgia to be exact. Surrounded by Blacks, so to speak. And interestingly enough, they think I’m really nice and surprisingly, they all love me. Then again, I treat them with respect... just as if they were white...

Imagine that.

And still, on the third hand :rolleyes::D, it cannot be denied that yes, racism does still exist. Sad.

Apparently I’m conflicted, but all any of us can do is make sure we, ourselves, aren’t guilty. And while we are at it, I must’ve done something right... my children all have friends who are of a minority, and some of my grandchildren are even in interracial relationships. Imagine THAT!!!

And that’s the end of my moment of reflection on that particular subject. Let the Pooh-pooing begin...

Barbella

Senator
Want to know what's really funny about this? Except it's not really funny... it's tragic and very, very sad. Of course it's not really surprising, though... and that's even sadder.

Not one lefty chimed in on this... ask me why? I'll tell you why: Because this top post takes away their favorite narrative, while inviting an honest discussion.

Can't have that, right, lefties?

BobbyT

Governor
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0210945/

Watched it again last night, loved it again, especially since it was based on a true story.... and here’s the thing: when I watch stuff like that, I get absolutely furious at the displayed racism. I want to smash those old bigots, or at least shake them until they learn to be fair, open-minded, and ‘liberal’.

Then I compare 1971 to today, and reflect on how much times have changed for the better. That’s when I get a little ticked off when I see Blacks using racism as an excuse for their own failures, especially those who themselves have never experienced it. And yea, I think it’s disgusting when they riot, loot, burn and slash whenever they find the slightest real or imagined excuse.

On the other hand... I live in the South, Georgia to be exact. Surrounded by Blacks, so to speak. And interestingly enough, they think I’m really nice and surprisingly, they all love me. Then again, I treat them with respect... just as if they were white...

Imagine that.

And still, on the third hand :rolleyes::D, it cannot be denied that yes, racism does still exist. Sad.

Apparently I’m conflicted, but all any of us can do is make sure we, ourselves, aren’t guilty. And while we are at it, I must’ve done something right... my children all have friends who are of a minority, and some of my grandchildren are even in interracial relationships. Imagine THAT!!!

And that’s the end of my moment of reflection on that particular subject. Let the Pooh-pooing begin...
"I treat them with respect, just as if they were white."

Nuff said.

LeilaniMP

Empress
Want to know what's really funny about this? Except it's not really funny... it's tragic and very, very sad. Of course it's not really surprising, though... and that's even sadder.

Not one lefty chimed in on this... ask me why? I'll tell you why: Because this top post takes away their favorite narrative, while inviting an honest discussion.

Barb, lefty is always predictable... always hypocritical. That's how they're wired.

Great post!

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member

You always talked about living in New Jersey and spending a lot of time at the beach. NOW you live in GA. You had to 'live in the South' to point out your non-racism. Good on you, Barb. But considering your past and all your posts showing otherwise, I'll never believe that you will treat "them" with respect like you do whites. Just saying. And you don't want "honest" discussion or you'd stop posting top posts telling us how anti-racist you are.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Lol. That was for lefties benefit. Gotta give you guys something to get riled up about...
Why use race as an excuse to get someone 'riled up'. Why not stop race baiting? That's what you do. BTW...we have neighbors who are German. We treat them as though they are Italian, and that way we won't have any problems.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
You always talked about living in New Jersey and spending a lot of time at the beach. NOW you live in GA. You had to 'live in the South' to point out your non-racism. Good on you, Barb. But considering your past and all your posts showing otherwise, I'll never believe that you will treat "them" with respect like you do whites. Just saying. And you don't want "honest" discussion or you'd stop posting top posts telling us how anti-racist you are.
Some people have lived in many states. What makes you think that doesn't happen? I've lived in several and two countries.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
I pity your neighbors, no matter where you park your double-wide.
So your opinion someone who lives in a double-wide has no worth?
How bigoted of you
I'm not going to get in your bigotry but I can assure you I have never lived in a double-wide but I would never live in a gated community that you live in either away from all of the garbage that you call others.

Barbella

Senator
Why use race as an excuse to get someone 'riled up'. Why not stop race baiting? That's what you do. BTW...we have neighbors who are German. We treat them as though they are Italian, and that way we won't have any problems.
There’s a vast difference between ‘race baiting’ and ‘lefty baiting’.

I don’t do the former, but I must admit, I DO enjoy doing the latter.

As a dedicated hater, though, you’ll never be able to tell the two apart. Too bad... or not..

Barbella

Senator
Wow. Have you heard the news? People MOVE!

I’m truly stunned at your ignorance.

Barbella

Senator
Oh, well. So much for 'discussion'. Lefties aren't interested in 'honest discussion'. Ever.

I should have known better. Racial animus is a huge problem in this country, and what do we do? Bury it in 'entertainment and humor', jump on the poster with some hate and derision, and generally ignore it.

Way to go. Not.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
There’s a vast difference between ‘race baiting’ and ‘lefty baiting’.

I don’t do the former, but I must admit, I DO enjoy doing the latter.

As a dedicated hater, though, you’ll never be able to tell the two apart. Too bad... or not..
You've been doing the former since I've posted with you....and that's a long time.
Stop pretending. You hardly ever make a thread without RANTING about some black or Muslim or someone "not like you". I am thankful there are a lot of people "not like you".

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Oh, well. So much for 'discussion'. Lefties aren't interested in 'honest discussion'. Ever.

I should have known better. Racial animus is a huge problem in this country, and what do we do? Bury it in 'entertainment and humor', jump on the poster with some hate and derision, and generally ignore it.

Way to go. Not.
You ADMITTEDLY made this thread to "bait" Lefty. Suck it up. Why should we discuss anything with you?