• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Reminder about Alert Prefences

Caroljo

Senator
A number of posters like to take simple OPs like mine and derail threads too.
Hey....it happens to all of our "simple" OPs! We have a few lefties here that jump into a thread just to make insults and derail it. I know you see it too. So why point fingers at one side?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Yeah. A number of childish posters like to scroll through threads and downrate all the posts of posters on the other side. It's the usual suspects and I knew who they would be and what they would do when the rating system was put in place.
"childish"...…….it's a freaking OPINION fray and Ratings is as wellan OPINION

One last time, I Rate for a couple reasons, I dislike the damn Post or Agree with it and when I return to a thread I don't have to figure out which post I read and didn't.....

dammmmmmmm, we're given Ratings why, so Libs can whine like CHILDREN!

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Why call them names for doing that?

Who cares if someone scrolls and rates? o_O

I don't see the point.

And..............seems to me, to call someone childish for something one just assumes they are doing -- is, in itself, a bit childish, don't you think?
that's different

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Senator
"childish"...…….it's a freaking OPINION fray and Ratings is as wellan OPINION

One last time, I Rate for a couple reasons, I dislike the damn Post or Agree with it and when I return to a thread I don't have to figure out which post I read and didn't.....

dammmmmmmm, we're given Ratings why, so Libs can whine like CHILDREN!
Lefty only wants to read their own opinions. It's obvious they get all butthurt when they see that someone has a different opinion than their own. Hoo boy....and those ratings. None of them "negative" but Lefty probably sits there crying when it sees the "dislike" or "disagree" pop up.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
We always had a rating system in place here - even in Slate there was a thumbs up or down.

Some toys have just been jiggled around, to placate some sensitives, is all that has changed.
ratings have been raped in PJ for whiny libs...…….there's the "childish" he post of

what difference does it make

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
And a number of childish posters like to whine and cry to mods because of the ratings! Who cares what another person sitting behind their computer thinks of them??? I'm never surprised or upset over what ratings I get. I expect poor ratings or laughs from some of the lefty's here....I just ignore it! I feel the same about them, so what's the big deal? Calling one side childish, ignoring what the other side does, is what's childish.
MV Rates every R posters post 'funny' that must be "childish"!

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Hey....it happens to all of our "simple" OPs! We have a few lefties here that jump into a thread just to make insults and derail it. I know you see it too. So why point fingers at one side?
or post trash of Mods and goes to "top guy"

it's like being at family gathering and the [Unwelcome language removed] of the family comes in with all it's Drama and it's reason to Leave and say fvck it.

ratings have been raped in PJ for whiny libs...…….there's the "childish" he post of

what difference does it make
I can't really remember now what we did have, that has gone, other than the big red disagree crosses. Used to be a lot more toys though ............... I do remember that.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I might add that effective use of Reply Alerts is as good as putting a poster on Ignore. If you get a Reply Alert and the replier is one of our resident ankle-biters/stalkers/threadjackers,then don't open it,read it or reply to it. It's very simple and effective. It is a good PJ time management tool too.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
I might add that effective use of Reply Alerts is as good as putting a poster on Ignore. If you get a Reply Alert and the replier is one of our resident ankle-biters/stalkers/threadjackers,then don't open it,read it or reply to it. It's very simple and effective. It is a good PJ time management tool too.
Amazing I just posted to you and you come here to whine. DID I HIT A NERVE?

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Also, and though you didn't mention it, you can determine who you are able to get private messages from. I can only receive messages from those I follow. It keeps me from getting messages from people I prefer not to get a private message from.
I had kinda forgotten about that. Haven't given it much thought in a long time. Not really an option for a Moderator.