• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Reminder about Alert Prefences

LeilaniMP

Empress
You can disable receiving alerts for all kinds of things. You can disable ratings and tag alerts and even reply alerts. Just click on your name in the top tool bar then click on "Alert Preferences" in the dropdown menu and start unchecking boxes. I disabled ratings alerts long ago. You can disable alerts when you are tagged in posts by unchecking the "Mentions you in a message" box.
If you're opposed to the ratings system, why do you utilize it, yourself?

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Why do you assume that others are abusing the system?
I know it when I see it and I saw it from the very beginning and I knew exactly who would do it and I use "Alert Preferences" instead of "Ignore" to filter out the bullshit.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
I know it when I see it and I saw it from the very beginning and I knew exactly who would do it and I use "Alert Preferences" instead of "Ignore" to filter out the bullshit.
in your leftist view yet you are pro-Confederacy another out of place subject and why your leftist buddies don't call you out on it.

Jen

Senator
I'm not a moderator so I don't need to look for anyone abusing the ratings. I can say, though, that I don't abuse the ratings and I don't believe that anyone who is rating my posts is abusing the ratings.

I guess I just assume that since I know I'm not abusing them and I'm pretty sure nobody is abusively rating my posts ..... it's not really a problem.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not a moderator so I don't need to look for anyone abusing the ratings. I can say, though, that I don't abuse the ratings and I don't believe that anyone who is rating my posts is abusing the ratings.

I guess I just assume that since I know I'm not abusing them and I'm pretty sure nobody is abusively rating my posts ..... it's not really a problem.
I'm certainly not accusing everyone of doing it and I don't need to name names. They know who they are and only the newbies don't know who they are.

John Doe

I detest liberalism
You can disable receiving alerts for all kinds of things. You can disable ratings and tag alerts and even reply alerts. Just click on your name in the top tool bar then click on "Alert Preferences" in the dropdown menu and start unchecking boxes. I disabled ratings alerts long ago. You can disable alerts when you are tagged in posts by unchecking the "Mentions you in a message" box.
I signed up at PF and did not realize email quote alerts were on, I rarely check email but when I did, I had over a thousand. Yep, I turned it off!

Why anyone wants email alerts when sites have alerts, is weird.