• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Rent Strikes sweeping america. I call it stealing.

These deadbeats say they can't pay rent since they don't have a job but they get unemployment insurance and $600 extra every week plus that $1200 everyone is getting. There is no immediate problem. Like the student loan debtors they can pay but simply don't want to.

march 31 2020 With millions of people suddenly out of work and rent due at the first of the month, some tenants are vowing to go on a rent strike until the coronavirus pandemic subsides.

On Wednesday, $81 billion in commercial and residential rent will come due across the U.S., and nobody is certain how many tenants will be unable, or simply unwilling, to pay.

New York, Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco and St. Louis are among many cities that have temporarily banned evictions, but advocates for the strike are demanding that rent payments be waived, not delayed, for those in need during the crisis.

Without a legal forgiveness of rental payments during the crisis, tenants face the threat of lawsuits or evictions as soon as housing courts reopen, which may happen as soon as mid-June in California and New York.

voyager

4Q2247365
North and South Carolina have called a halt to rent payments and electric bills until the cirsis is over. Telecommunications are strongly urged to do the same.

These deadbeats say they can't pay rent since they don't have a job but they get unemployment insurance and $600 extra every week plus that $1200 everyone is getting. There is no immediate problem. Like the student loan debtors they can pay but simply don't want to.
Yes, this was all to be expected, when y'all elected Trump to crash the economy.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Lots of people who had low-paying jobs are now getting more money than they did while working !!!! This is insane.
Do you actually know how much is paid in unemployment benefits? In my state it is a bit less than half of what I clear each payday...and that is the maximum amount they'd pay out. Adding $600 to that doesn't come close to bringing that to more than I make working. Not everybody gets $600. It is "UP TO" $600 calculated on how much you earn.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Yes, this was all to be expected, when y'all elected Trump to crash the economy.
So IF Sow had won and COVID & Swine Flu pandemic's of 2020 things would be different...………..no wonder you can't live without adult supervision

EatTheRich

President
So it’s not stealing when a non-producer gets money for free just by buying a house and with other landlords monopolizing access to housing for renters, but it is stealing when people keep the wealth they earned for themselves rather than give it to someone who does nothing for them?

So it’s not stealing when a non-producer gets money for free just by buying a house and with other landlords monopolizing access to housing for renters, but it is stealing when people keep the wealth they earned for themselves rather than give it to someone who does nothing for them?
Landlords produce housing.