• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Rep. Cummings: Nunes should be investigated

Spamature

President
The hunter had become the hunted it seems. The spy game is a tricky business indeed.

By Kelsey Sutton

03/23/17 09:04 AM EDT

Maryland Rep. Elijah Cummings on Thursday called for an investigation into House Intelligence Committee Chair Devin Nunes, who on Wednesday personally briefed President Donald Trump and announced publicly that a source showed him evidence that the Obama administration had inadvertently collected surveillance on members of the Trump transition team.

“What he has done is he’s scuttled, and put a cloud over, his own investigation, and he has become the subject —basically, he should be — of an investigation,” Cummings said on CNN Thursday morning. “It’s a real problem.”

Cummings, a Democrat, is one of several Democratic legislators who have rebuked Nunes, a Trump ally in charge of leading the House investigation into whether the Trump campaign coordinated with Russians to interfere in the U.S. presidential election. Cummings criticized Nunes for not informing other members of the House Intelligence Committee of the evidence Nunes said he had obtained, and said Nunes’ conduct threatened the integrity of the investigation into the Trump campaign's possible relationship with Russian intelligence.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/devin-nunes-trump-surveillance-elijah-cummings-react-236406

S

Sickofleft

The hunter had become the hunted it seems. The spy game is a tricky business indeed.

By Kelsey Sutton

03/23/17 09:04 AM EDT

Maryland Rep. Elijah Cummings on Thursday called for an investigation into House Intelligence Committee Chair Devin Nunes, who on Wednesday personally briefed President Donald Trump and announced publicly that a source showed him evidence that the Obama administration had inadvertently collected surveillance on members of the Trump transition team.

“What he has done is he’s scuttled, and put a cloud over, his own investigation, and he has become the subject —basically, he should be — of an investigation,” Cummings said on CNN Thursday morning. “It’s a real problem.”

Cummings, a Democrat, is one of several Democratic legislators who have rebuked Nunes, a Trump ally in charge of leading the House investigation into whether the Trump campaign coordinated with Russians to interfere in the U.S. presidential election. Cummings criticized Nunes for not informing other members of the House Intelligence Committee of the evidence Nunes said he had obtained, and said Nunes’ conduct threatened the integrity of the investigation into the Trump campaign's possible relationship with Russian intelligence.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/devin-nunes-trump-surveillance-elijah-cummings-react-236406
He has revealed something that is going to put the previous Administration in a very unfavorable light. They will do everything to gut him.

You wonder why he went directly to the President with it.

Boca

Governor

LOL. Elijah Cummings? ....called for an investigation into House Intelligence Committee Chair Devin Nunes?....integrity of the investigation?....put a cloud over, his own investigation.....LOL....integrity...WOW.

NEW EMAILS Could Send Democrat Elijah Cummings to Prison for Targeting Voter Rights Group!

Last April House Oversight Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) released a report implicating Democrat Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) in colluding with the IRS and Lois Lerner against the nonpartisan voters rights group “True the Vote.”

New IRS emails released by the House Oversight Committee show staff working for Democratic Ranking Member Elijah Cummings communicated with the IRS multiple times between 2012 and 2013 about voter fraud prevention group True the Vote. True the Vote was targeted by the IRS after applying for tax exempt status more than two years ago. Further, information shows the IRS and Cummings’ staff asked for nearly identical information from True the Vote President Catherine Engelbrecht about her organization, indicating coordination and improper sharing of confidential taxpayer information.

Engelbrecht said this during her testimony before Congress and Cummings,
“Frankly, to sit before my accuser and be silent in the face of what he did was unconscionable.”

Chairman of the House Oversight Committee Darrell Issa, along with five Subcommittee Chairmen are demanding Cummings provide an explanation for the staff inquiries to the IRS about True the Vote and for his denial that his staff ever contacted the IRS about the group.
Cummings didn't go to prison but when the swamp is drained he'll be hunting for another, along with many many more...it's only just beginning Spam

Spamature

President
LOL. Elijah Cummings? ....called for an investigation into House Intelligence Committee Chair Devin Nunes?....integrity of the investigation?....put a cloud over, his own investigation.....LOL....integrity...WOW.

NEW EMAILS Could Send Democrat Elijah Cummings to Prison for Targeting Voter Rights Group!

Last April House Oversight Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) released a report implicating Democrat Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) in colluding with the IRS and Lois Lerner against the nonpartisan voters rights group “True the Vote.”

New IRS emails released by the House Oversight Committee show staff working for Democratic Ranking Member Elijah Cummings communicated with the IRS multiple times between 2012 and 2013 about voter fraud prevention group True the Vote. True the Vote was targeted by the IRS after applying for tax exempt status more than two years ago. Further, information shows the IRS and Cummings’ staff asked for nearly identical information from True the Vote President Catherine Engelbrecht about her organization, indicating coordination and improper sharing of confidential taxpayer information.

Engelbrecht said this during her testimony before Congress and Cummings,
“Frankly, to sit before my accuser and be silent in the face of what he did was unconscionable.”

Chairman of the House Oversight Committee Darrell Issa, along with five Subcommittee Chairmen are demanding Cummings provide an explanation for the staff inquiries to the IRS about True the Vote and for his denial that his staff ever contacted the IRS about the group.
Cummings didn't go to prison but when the swamp is drained he'll be hunting for another, along with many many more...it's only just beginning Spam

You mean this ?

http://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/FN-Combined.pdf

I don't see anything wrong with it.

lessons from Elijah Cummings (to the relative of an American killed at Benghazi)

“And, as I listen to your testimony I could not help but think of something that I said very recently, two years ago now, in a eulogy for a relative. I said that death is a part of life, so often we have to find a way to make life a part of death.”

Elijah Cummings, May 8, 2013

Spamature

President
lessons from Elijah Cummings (to the relative of an American killed at Benghazi)

“And, as I listen to your testimony I could not help but think of something that I said very recently, two years ago now, in a eulogy for a relative. I said that death is a part of life, so often we have to find a way to make life a part of death.”

Elijah Cummings, May 8, 2013

And I guess the reason why I'm saying that -- I want to go back to something Mr. Nordstrom said. He said that he wanted -- all of you have said it pretty much -- he wanted to make sure we learn from this.

https://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/05/08/limbaugh-distorts-rep-cummings-statement-to-cla/193973

Spamature

President
No I didn't mean that...anyway who are those people and what does it mean? If you happen to know that is.
That's the letter your article is talking about. Or at least that is the link within the link in your article. Seems at some point in the chain of website the authors stop reading the actual source and just tweak what the previous source said. It like a game of telephone only the distortions is at the end are the facts instead of the phrases.

And I guess the reason why I'm saying that -- I want to go back to something Mr. Nordstrom said. He said that he wanted -- all of you have said it pretty much -- he wanted to make sure we learn from this.

https://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/05/08/limbaugh-distorts-rep-cummings-statement-to-cla/193973
and yet, NOTHING was learned. Hillary got off scott free with her youtube bullshit, and "what difference does it make".

and then you voted for her in 2016. those who cannot remember the past are condemned to be regarded as hypocrites.

Spamature

President
and yet, NOTHING was learned. Hillary got off scott free with her youtube bullshit, and "what difference does it make".

and then you voted for her in 2016. those who cannot remember the past are condemned to be regarded as hypocrites.
Hillary Clinton was not responsible for that attack. No more than Colin Powell as the SoS was responsible for the first 9/11 attack.

Did you condemn him ?

4/15

Mayor
The wrongers are coming to grips with the errors of their lives and the consequences of them. Hillary is still my choice for the President of the USA. Trump should have been put out to pasture.

He has revealed something that is going to put the previous Administration in a very unfavorable light. They will do everything to gut him.

You wonder why he went directly to the President with it.
Exactly. Once it was out, Nunes was relatively safe. If no one knew, the Obama crew could have had him killed to cover it up.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
The wrongers are coming to grips with the errors of their lives and the consequences of them. Hillary is still my choice for the President of the USA. Trump should have been put out to pasture.
304 to 227
or was it
306 to 232

What you wanted had nothing to do with WE THE PEOPLE

People in HELL want ice water...........pig-in-pant-suits will never be POTUS

3 strikes and your OUT

Boca

Governor
That's the letter your article is talking about. Or at least that is the link within the link in your article. Seems at some point in the chain of website the authors stop reading the actual source and just tweak what the previous source said. It like a game of telephone only the distortions is at the end are the facts instead of the phrases.
Okay...Now a translation please.

Spamature

President
Okay...Now a translation please.
These "fake ish" news article always us a source that uses a source. And by the time you track back all the links that each source article depends on. You end up at the real source which almost never says what the final article in the chain says. Your article is the last in the chain. In this case as in many it does not actually represent what the original source (the letter from Cummings and others ) says.

Boca

Governor
These "fake ish" news article always us a source that uses a source. And by the time you track back all the links that each source article depends on. You end up at the real source which almost never says what the final article in the chain says. Your article is the last in the chain. In this case as in many it does not actually represent what the original source (the letter from Cummings and others ) says.
I have no idea what you're babbling about with sources.

Try this......they are at least a dozen sources

Spamature

President
I have no idea what you're babbling about with sources.

Try this......they are at least a dozen sources
Any legitimate source on your search leads back to the same pdf I linked to. Now we can discuss the letter if you link or we could discuss how True the Vote is actually a partisan political group who should in no way qualify as a non political educational organization which qualifies for tax exempt status. But I think the discussion about fake ish news sites has had its point made on my part.

Boca

Governor
Any legitimate source on your search leads back to the same pdf I linked to. Now we can discuss the letter if you link or we could discuss how True the Vote is actually a partisan political group who should in no way qualify as a non political educational organization which qualifies for tax exempt status. But I think the discussion about fake ish news sites has had its point made on my part.
On your part the pdf you linked to says nothing pertaining to anybody anybody here knows or has ever heard of, including you, much less has it anything to do with Lois Lerner or Elijah Cummings.

Suffice it to say Elijah Cummings has no more business talking about integrity in committee investigations than Donna Brazille has talking about fairness in debates.

Last edited: