• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Reparations for slavery?

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
Very few received the 40 acres and a mule they were promised by the president ... less than 1%. On the other hand, hundreds of thousands of freedmen invested in the Freedman Savings Bank as they were urged to do by the Freedmen's Bureau, and lost everything when the bank collapsed.
Horse shit go the fvck and live in Cuba

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Did you happen to see this?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/09/27/u-s-owes-black-people-reparations-for-a-history-of-racial-terrorism-says-u-n-panel/?utm_term=.bf0573458374

Malcolm X was a big believer in going through the UN to fight for justice ... and maybe that made sense when the U.S. dominated the UN and relied so much more on it. I'd expect the U.S. just to ignore a UN HRC report now.
Thank you for posting this. Very interesting information in that article. I remember Malcolm X talking about bringing the plight of African-Americans before the UN, in his book "The Autobiography of Malcolm X". He was assassinated before he could do it.
Randall Robinson wrote a very book concerning reparations for slavery called, "The Debt".

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
How about the black men in Africa who sold blacks to white men? What were they? Men who learned the slave trade centuries before dealing with the Arabs?
The Africans who sold their own people into slavery done so at the point of a gun. They knew that if they didn't sell their countrymen, it would be they themselves crawling down into the bottom of that slave ship.
Plus, it was a good way to get rid of your tribal enemies. The real question is: Why were the slave traders there in the first place?

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Nothing stops people from immigrating from less desirable places to more desirable ones. Black Americans have always had the choice to go back to Africa.
That is true. Blacks have always had the opportunity to move to a place where they don't know the language, customs, culture, religious practices, economic system or geography.
I wonder why they haven't?
Seems to me it would be more humane to allow them to stay in the US and provide some kind of reparations to them. After all, they did help create the wealth that was the foundation of this country.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Interesting how Germans and Italians just want apologies while Japs and blacks want reparations.
The Germans and Italians knew they would be able to blend into White society. They would have no trouble getting good jobs, buying homes in any neighborhood they wanted to live in, sending their kids to college, etc. The same can't be said for Black and Japanese people.
Maybe that's why they were satisfied with an apology.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Definition of greed: Excessive desire especially for food or wealth, avarice, gluttony, voracious.
There is a poster in this thread who accused African-Americans who want reparations of being greedy. I must disagree with her. If anything the people who instituted the system of slavery were greedy. When this country was first founded the leaders had a clear choice. They could have a system of every man living by the sweat of his own brow. Or they could have a system of slavery, living off the labor of others. Sadly, they chose slavery. It must have been their greed that made them chose slavery.
I'm aware that not all Whites owned slaves. But, all Whites did benefit from the system just the same.

Did you know that "Japs" is a derogatory term for Japanese people much like n***** is for Blacks?
Now that you know, I'm sure you won't use that word anymore.:)
Sunset Rose's feelings make things derogatory and not facts. Japs is a monosyllabic reference to a people and not a derogatory epithet. Just like feelings make "nigger" an epithet. If someone says it who isn't supposed to it is horrible and bad - the end of the world - and if someone in the circle says it then it is okay. Those are feelings and not thinking.

If blacks were truly offended by the word they wouldn't use it on each other and no there is no appropriation or empowerment argument to demonstrate otherwise - integrity isn't turned off and on in a justified manner.

Last edited:
The Africans who sold their own people into slavery done so at the point of a gun. They knew that if they didn't sell their countrymen, it would be they themselves crawling down into the bottom of that slave ship.
Not true. The white men who went into the interior died from disease and violence so that predominantly they stayed on the coast. The Africans learned slaving from each other and the Arabs and found more customers for their trade when the Portuguese showed up.

The real question is: Why were the slave traders there in the first place?
No, it isn't.

That is true. Blacks have always had the opportunity to move to a place where they don't know the language, customs, culture, religious practices, economic system or geography.
I wonder why they haven't?
Yeah, me too.

Seems to me it would be more humane to allow them to stay in the US and provide some kind of reparations to them. After all, they did help create the wealth that was the foundation of this country.
Well, much of the wealth they directly provided went up in smoke in the Civil War. Also, the loss of human life as a consequence of the Civil War was economically stunting. So the those ACTUALLY guilty of slavery paid in blood and treasure a penalty. But given that and the fact that $22 Trillion to date that has been spent on the "War on Poverty" seems to argue that the changing norm regarding slavery brought by Western civilization to the entire world is a payment in itself too.

I'd also say nobody is saying black Americans should leave the U.S., or be forced to, so the humane reference you make is out of place. Rather, the thought is shared to offer black Americans that they should consider if their unhappiness outweighs their gain in remaining in their country of birth. Maybe gratitude to the Fates is in order.