• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Reparations

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Or due to dropping out of school, joining gangs, doing drugs, having multiple babies by different baby daddies beginning at age 14 and continuing steadily after that....

Because there are plenty of Blacks with a good education, and well-paying jobs today. How'd they do that, you think?
It's a shame that you couldn't resist replying with your "blacks acting bad" meme.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Because of affirmative action black folks have been able to advance in all sorts of areas that would have had closed doors without it. It's been a real 'leg up' for those who have been willing to go after what they want. Granted though it wouldn't have done much for those who just want to rest on their laurels and wait for handouts.
Really? What are the stats on that?
And like your girlfriend, you had to toss in the "blacks acting bad" rightwing meme.

D

Deleted member 21794

Do tell us your story. How Affirmative Action cheated you out of wealth.

Blacks were denied the ability to accumulate wealth and pass it on to the next generations.... due to slavery, discrimination, Jim Crow, redlining, etc.

Our young people have been denied the ability to accumulate wealth like their parents have ….due to the 2007/2008 Great Republican Recession.
So in other words, due to DemocRATS.

MaryAnne

Governor
Well, since the slaves are all dead too, that is irrelevant as well. There is no one to pay.

No one gets compensated for the labor of their dead ancestors. Imagine with the vast history of slavery in the world if we tried to actually do that.

The closest is the Jews murdered by the Nazis. But no one is going to the German government to tax Germans to pay for the labor of the Jews. The only thing the living descendants get is if they can find a specific asset that was stolen. Typically, art work. They don't even get their land back.

This is a made up thing by the Democrats, there is no historical basis for it. It's just another vote buying scheme. And in their favorite style, with other people's money
Britain treated my Irish ancestors like slaves. When do I get my check?

Barbella

Senator
It's a shame that you couldn't resist replying with your "blacks acting bad" meme.
As I clearly stated: some Blacks act bad. Most Blacks act just like Whites, have good jobs, support their families, stay out of jail.

Those that chose a life of drugs, crime, and stupidity are the ones complaining about their sorry lot. Why should I ignore that sad truth?

Their mostly self-inflicted pain is their problem... in other words... if you wanna play, you gotta pay. There’s no free lunch.

MaryAnne

Governor
Interesting. It’s been a few hours. Precisely ZERO lefties and/or Democrats have taken exception to the construct of “reparations” as introduced.

L
O
C
K
S
T
E
P

As always.

...and by always, I mean ALWAYS. These simply are not independent thinkers or actors. They have precisely the same autonomy of agency as ants patrolling the anthill.
I am a Progressive Democrat. One who moves forward, not back 200 years, or back to the 1950’s as Trump and Republicans would like to do!

MaryAnne

Governor
As I clearly stated: some Blacks act bad. Most Blacks act just like Whites, have good jobs, support their families, stay out of jail.

Those that chose a life of drugs, crime, and stupidity are the ones complaining about their sorry lot. Why should I ignore that sad truth?

Their mostly self-inflicted pain is their problem... in other words... if you wanna play, you gotta pay. There’s no free lunch.
Most of the so called blacks that I know are very successful on their own. They have no use for the NAACP or the few that have brought this forward. They want a $12 million study so they can share the money. Every Democrat I have talked to thinks this is ludicrous.

Who ever decided to hold a hearing so this man could defend a $12 study needs to lose their seat.

We have huge problems in this country. The problems include Trump, Mitch McConnell and his vow to do nothing!

God, Mitch since you do not want to do,” Nothing,” Ky needs that to send you and your Chinese wife home!

How is that guys for thinking for myself?:)

MaryAnne

Governor
Gotta love the position this puts lefty in...not only are there MASSIVE numbers of mixed-race blacks whose ancestors were slaveholders...but lefty is now arguing for inter-generational continuity of wealth. Any “death tax” (inheritance) application here??

Funny stuff...
Sorry, Rick this lefty thinks for herself!

MaryAnne

Governor
Or due to dropping out of school, joining gangs, doing drugs, having multiple babies by different baby daddies beginning at age 14 and continuing steadily after that....

Because there are plenty of Blacks with a good education, and well-paying jobs today. How'd they do that, you think?
Whites do that, too.

MaryAnne

Governor
Because of affirmative action black folks have been able to advance in all sorts of areas that would have had closed doors without it. It's been a real 'leg up' for those who have been willing to go after what they want. Granted though it wouldn't have done much for those who just want to rest on their laurels and wait for handouts.
We all make that choice in life, good or bad. You and I chose to solve our problems. Millions have done the same.

MaryAnne

Governor
I agree, though your line of thinking is unacceptable in today's DemocRAT party. Just ask Mayor Pete.
I never base my decisions on what someone else thinks. I decide right or wrong myself. But that is also the reason I am a Democrat. They are not all good, but certainly better than the Trump cult today that is the Republican Party. Not all, many have broken away, thank goodness.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Most of the so called blacks that I know are very successful on their own. They have no use for the NAACP or the few that have brought this forward. They want a $12 million study so they can share the money. Every Democrat I have talked to thinks this is ludicrous.

Who ever decided to hold a hearing so this man could defend a $12 study needs to lose their seat.

We have huge problems in this country. The problems include Trump, Mitch McConnell and his vow to do nothing!

God, Mitch since you do not want to do,” Nothing,” Ky needs that to send you and your Chinese wife home!

How is that guys for thinking for myself?:)
Trump's ongoing race-baiting along with white supremacist groups like Proud Boys, etc. looking up to him, makes any discussion of racism timely.

Rightwingers responded to a discussion of reparations in the usual way. Here's Ingraham.
On Thursday, Fox News host Laura Ingraham scorned the proposal to give reparations to the African-Americans harmed both by the enslavement of their ancestors and the Jim Crow-era and modern policies that have discriminated against them, with a shockingly racist argument on her podcast.

MaryAnne

Governor
Of course they do. But until I see THEM asking for reparations, I have nothing to say about it. It's their problem, not mine.
As I stated none that I am friends with want reparations. This is just another hare brained idea a few came up with to try and make money.

Oh, look whose idea this was, Jackson Lee, one of the most arrogant Democrats in Congress! I wondered whose idea this was. I do not think all Democrats are great.

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/historic-reparations-hearings-finally-held-by-congress/

Boca

Governor
Okay, I'm late to the party but here's something to think about.

Lawsuits are routinely dismissed by judges for "lack of standing", i.e plaintiff cannot show damages. Were a former slave to be resurrected then maybe?

Barbella

Senator
While all us White folk are talking about this reparations nonsense among ourselves, blacks have been talking about it, too. Wonder what they have to say...?

Excellent. Everyone should watch this clip, but especially those who whine about black people's 'mistreatment' and 'disadvantages' today.

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
Britain treated my Irish ancestors like slaves.
So did the USA. Funny there are no calls for reparations to Americans of Irish descent.

Rightwingers responded to a discussion of reparations in the usual way. Here's Ingraham.
On Thursday, Fox News host Laura Ingraham scorned the proposal to give reparations to the African-Americans harmed both by the enslavement of their ancestors and the Jim Crow-era and modern policies that have discriminated against them, with a shockingly racist argument on her podcast.
This is where you're link led:
https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2019/06/20/laura-ingraham-reparations-its-called-conquest-we-won-you-lost-thats/223997
There are two links on that page to two other pages with parts of her broadcasts that look like they could be racial:
https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2019/06/19/laura-ingraham-democrats-are-successfully-repopulating-country-new-people-who-dont-really-have/223978
https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2019/06/18/laura-ingraham-democrats-support-replacing-current-american-population-new-immigrants/223961
I listened and read them all. Maybe someone could point out where the "shockingly racist argument" is, please.

This link is on one of those pages:
https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2019/05/31/laura-ingrahams-history-promoting-hate-and-white-supremacy/223843
It lists 16 examples that are supposed to show that "Ingraham has repeatedly pushed hate and white supremacy on her radio show, her podcast, and her Fox News show."
Then it says there's "much, much more" at this link:
https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2017/09/11/what-you-need-know-about-laura-ingraham-who-fox-news-reportedly-giving-show-prime-time/217908
It's an illuminating look at what some people have decided constitutes "racism," "hate and white supremacy."