• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

'Reporting' No Longer Exists - Trump in Afghanistan

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I said no such thing. I said the opposite, noting how ridiculous it is to suggest that the reporter could have known that Trump was on the Afghanistan trip if she “fact checked” and called the White House. The article was written and posted before they announced that Trump was on the trip.
It's why the white house doesn't allow the leftist media to know where the President is or going...……..libs would love to see AF1 blown out of the sky.

Bugsy McGurk

President
It's why the white house doesn't allow the leftist media to know where the President is or going...……..libs would love to see AF1 blown out of the sky.
This is not about your delusions of what you think “leftists” want. No one here has argued that the White House should have announced the trip any sooner than they did.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
Annnnnd She was fired LOL

Her story was a complete speculation on what he would be doing throughout the day, based off of what he had done in the prior two years. But even then, she left out of her recollection that he’d visited Coast Guard troops in Florida both in 2017 and 2018, delivering a Thanksgiving lunch.

What she missed, of course, was that this year he was actually visiting the troops at the Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan. It was perhaps particularly egregious because she wasn’t just a random reporter commenting but the political reporter assigned to follow Trump and his family.

“Newsweek investigated the failures that led to the publication of the inaccurate report that President Trump spent Thanksgiving tweeting and golfing rather than visiting troops in Afghanistan,” a Newsweek representative told the Washington Examiner. “The story has been corrected, and the journalist responsible has been terminated. We will continue to review our processes and, if required, take further action.”

TBLee

Governor
Annnnnd She was fired LOL

Her story was a complete speculation on what he would be doing throughout the day, based off of what he had done in the prior two years. But even then, she left out of her recollection that he’d visited Coast Guard troops in Florida both in 2017 and 2018, delivering a Thanksgiving lunch.

What she missed, of course, was that this year he was actually visiting the troops at the Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan. It was perhaps particularly egregious because she wasn’t just a random reporter commenting but the political reporter assigned to follow Trump and his family.

“Newsweek investigated the failures that led to the publication of the inaccurate report that President Trump spent Thanksgiving tweeting and golfing rather than visiting troops in Afghanistan,” a Newsweek representative told the Washington Examiner. “The story has been corrected, and the journalist responsible has been terminated. We will continue to review our processes and, if required, take further action.”
Glad to see she was fired. Being the political reporter assigned to follow Trump there are no excuses for not fact checking her story.

TBLee

Governor
I said no such thing. I said the opposite, noting how ridiculous it is to suggest that the reporter could have known that Trump was on the Afghanistan trip if she “fact checked” and called the White House. The article was written and posted before they announced that Trump was on the trip.
Her job was following the President. She was assigned to give accurate news on the President. She did NOT do that, and lost her job because of her own inept reporting.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Her job was following the President. She was assigned to give accurate news on the President. She did NOT do that, and lost her job because of her own inept reporting.
You expect reporters to know that Trump wasn’t where the White House said he was? Absurd, of course.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
How could she have “vetted” it? Do you think the White House would have told her that Trump was on his Afghanistan trip?

She MADE IT UP before she knew the facts.

Funny, she could have just waited- and not gotten fired.

"President Trump's plans for Thanksgiving are not yet known, least year he spent Thanksgiving in Florida with his Family"

SIMPLE AS THAT. And go from there.

Yet you are corkscrewing yourself into the ground - twisting any way possible to defend her. Why ?

Bugsy McGurk

President
She MADE IT UP before she knew the facts.

Funny, she could have just waited- and not gotten fired.

"President Trump's plans for Thanksgiving are not yet known, least year he spent Thanksgiving in Florida with his Family"

SIMPLE AS THAT. And go from there.

Yet you are corkscrewing yourself into the ground - twisting any way possible to defend her. Why ?
Hello? Trump’s plans WERE known. The White House stated that he would be spending Thanksgiving at Mar-a-Lago. You blame the reporter for believing their lie.

Bizarre.

TBLee

Governor
How could she have “vetted” it? Do you think the White House would have told her that Trump was on his Afghanistan trip?
She was untruthful in her article, and lost her job. It wasn't bad enough that she didn't get the story correct, but she actually fabricated her reporting with things that did NOT happen. Glad she lost her job, and hopefully this will set an example for other careless journalists.

Bugsy McGurk

President
She was untruthful in her article, and lost her job. It wasn't bad enough that she didn't get the story correct, but she actually fabricated her reporting with things that did NOT happen. Glad she lost her job, and hopefully this will set an example for other careless journalists.
Your dodge is noted. Your dodging proves that you don’t believe your own hooey.

TBLee

Governor
Hello? Trump’s plans WERE known. The White House stated that he would be spending Thanksgiving at Mar-a-Lago. You blame the reporter for believing their lie.

Bizarre.
I blame the journalist for getting the story incorrect. That is totally on HER.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Meh....Newsweek fired her. If she had done nothing wrong, she would still be employed by Newsweek. No dodge needed. She was fired.
I commented on Newsweek’s shameful response above.

That aside, your dodge of my question above confirms that you do not believe what you say. You can’t support it. You just engage in hackery.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY

Bizarre.
"As with any other day of the year, Trump will probably be tweeting, or expressing his opinions in another way. On Thanksgiving Eve, Trump tweeted an image of his head on the body of Rocky Balboa, the fictional boxer portrayed by actor Sylvester Stallone in numerous movies," wrote Kwong in her story.

Newsweek said would include “tweeting, golfing and more”

It wasn't reporting. It was biased speculating. And fired because of it. Have a problem with it?- Contact Newsweek.

Bugsy McGurk

President
"As with any other day of the year, Trump will probably be tweeting, or expressing his opinions in another way. On Thanksgiving Eve, Trump tweeted an image of his head on the body of Rocky Balboa, the fictional boxer portrayed by actor Sylvester Stallone in numerous movies," wrote Kwong in her story.

Newsweek said would include “tweeting, golfing and more”

It wasn't reporting. It was biased speculating. And fired because of it. Have a problem with it?- Contact Newsweek.
You seem not to know that media outlets often write such articles in advance. They even write obituaries in advance of peoples’ deaths. If anyone made a mistake here it was the Newsweek editorial/publication side. But they needed a scapegoat so they fired the reporter.

TBLee

Governor
I commented on Newsweek’s shameful response above.

That aside, your dodge of my question above confirms that you do not believe what you say. You can’t support it. You just engage in hackery.
Bugs I don't have to confirm or support anything..LOL. Newsweeks firing of an inept journalist is all that matters. You of course, are free to carry on your dismissal of the actual facts in this matter, as I know its what you do best. ;)