• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Research: Conservatives are Happier, More Generous Than Libs

"
Who’s happier, finds more meaning in life, and is more generous to the poor — liberals or conservatives? Liberals, right? Garrison Keillor voiced the conventional wisdom: “Liberalism is the politics of kindness.”

Liberals, Keillor and myriad others tell us, “stand for tolerance, magnanimity, community spirit, [and] the defense of the weak against the powerful.” In stark and horrifying contrast, the “people who call themselves conservatives stand for tax cuts, and further tax cuts, annual tax cuts, the only policy they know. [They] use their refund to buy a gun and an attack dog” to keep everyone away who is not like them. We all know it’s true, right?

Well, not if you go by what serious scholars have found when they investigate this question. Conservatives have happier families, find more meaning in life, are generally happier overall, and donate far more money and time to the needy than their liberal peers."

https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/04/research-finds-conservatives-are-more-happy-generous-and-purposeful-than-liberals/

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Ok, then why are all the right wingers on here so angry, we have a poster who constantly uses profanity, many who constantly berate other posters and the overall feeling is the world is against them. If you listen to Hannity/ Rush/ Ingraham/ Carlson - that is the WHOLE basis of their show - anger and despair. Read Trump tweets and the WHOLEworld is against him. I do see this happier/ fun loving group you speak of...... sorry

They claim to be firing up the base, well just like anything - too much of it is a bad thing and people will get Trump Fatigue - I see it already with less defenders of Trump - what down to less than 8 or so.........

Ok, then why are all the right wingers on here so angry, we have a poster who constantly uses profanity, many who constantly berate other posters and the overall feeling is the world is against them. If you listen to Hannity/ Rush/ Ingraham/ Carlson - that is the WHOLE basis of their show - anger and despair. Read Trump tweets and the WHOLEworld is against him. I do see this happier/ fun loving group you speak of...... sorry

They claim to be firing up the base, well just like anything - too much of it is a bad thing and people will get Trump Fatigue - I see it already with less defenders of Trump - what down to less than 8 or so.........
What you see is a righteous anger against an enemy at the denial of Americans Constitutional rights. It is necessary.
That has nothing to do with their personal life, and whether or not they are happy. It has nothing to do with the personal happiness of the average conservative family, either.
Understanding this difference requires a deep thinking analytical mind.

Speaking of anger, it is the Democrats who are still throwing a three year temper tantrum over their loss. It is Democrats who throw a temper tantrum over abortion. It is Democrat fascists who created Antifa.
It's a pity you don't see it; that anger you are projecting onto us.

Jen

Senator
"
Who’s happier, finds more meaning in life, and is more generous to the poor — liberals or conservatives? Liberals, right? Garrison Keillor voiced the conventional wisdom: “Liberalism is the politics of kindness.”

Liberals, Keillor and myriad others tell us, “stand for tolerance, magnanimity, community spirit, [and] the defense of the weak against the powerful.” In stark and horrifying contrast, the “people who call themselves conservatives stand for tax cuts, and further tax cuts, annual tax cuts, the only policy they know. [They] use their refund to buy a gun and an attack dog” to keep everyone away who is not like them. We all know it’s true, right?

Well, not if you go by what serious scholars have found when they investigate this question. Conservatives have happier families, find more meaning in life, are generally happier overall, and donate far more money and time to the needy than their liberal peers."

https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/04/research-finds-conservatives-are-more-happy-generous-and-purposeful-than-liberals/
That's a no-brainer.

Hate kills happiness and nobody hates more than Lefty.

Jen

Senator
What you see is a righteous anger against an enemy at the denial of Americans Constitutional rights. It is necessary.
That has nothing to do with their personal life, and whether or not they are happy. It has nothing to do with the personal happiness of the average conservative family, either.

Speaking of anger, it is the Democrats who are still throwing a three year temper tantrum over their loss. It is Democrats who throw a temper tantrum over abortion. It is Democrat fascists who created Antifa.
What Lefty does best is project.
Lefty owns anger and hatred.

4/15

Mayor
From what I see in the world it is the cons who harbor hate and animosity towards liberals as we do not have a preordained ending like they do. Their ending is to go to heaven Enjoy your joke as the rest of us know there is none.

From what I see in the world it is the cons who harbor hate and animosity towards liberals as we do not have a preordained ending like they do. Their ending is to go to heaven Enjoy your joke as the rest of us know there is none.
You are perfectly demonstrating how you have been indoctrinated in a lie, and propagandized. When you are shown the truth, you reject it, in anger.
Your statement the conservatives hate because you have "No preordained ending" is illogical. Whatever ending you think you're getting has nothing to do with my happiness or generosity. It is, in fact, completely irrelevant, and a non-sequitur.

Jen

Senator
You are perfectly demonstrating how you have been indoctrinated in a lie, and propagandized. When you are shown the truth, you reject it, in anger.
Your statement the conservatives hate because you have "No preordained ending" is illogical. Whatever ending you think you're getting has nothing to do with my happiness or generosity. It is, in fact, completely irrelevant, and a non-sequitur.
Hopelessness .........is what they have. It doesn't make me angry as they believe it does. It does give me a weight of sadness for their loss.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member

What anger have I projected upon you, you have insulted me and many others yet have I returned those insults, no - I do show right wingers the truth when they misquote people, use satire websites as real, etc. so go ___________show examples of my hate towards you.

Mick

The Right is always right
Who riots? Who throws molotov cocktails? Who vandalizes? Who murders?

Go look at the meltdown after election day with all the riots. Lefty is unstable, mentally ill, and very angry. Really there are zero redeeming qualities there.

4/15

Mayor
You need to understand my post. It is YOUR false ending that has YOU in a state of perpetual hate for anyone who does not suck up your propaganda. Please get a grip on your mental state.

4/15

Mayor
Who riots? Who throws molotov cocktails? Who vandalizes? Who murders?

Go look at the meltdown after election day with all the riots. Lefty is unstable, mentally ill, and very angry. Really there are zero redeeming qualities there.
Some people are showing their dismay at the stupidity of the reich.

Mick

The Right is always right
Aka....they hate America, it's people, it's free elections and everything it stands for.

Like I said, your ilk have zero redeeming qualities.

Caroljo

Senator
But what if you're wrong? You have no proof if God is real, so it's all 'fake news'...Lol! You're the type of person I like to pray for. Hoping your eyes open before it's too late. Once your dead there's no going back. I always said I would rather be a believer and find out I was wrong, than to be a non believer and find out I was wrong. :)

Bugsy McGurk

President
"

Happier? Does that explain why there are hardly any conservative comedians, and why Trump and other wingers almost never laugh?

;-)

Happier? Does that explain why there are hardly any conservative comedians, and why Trump and other wingers almost never laugh?

;-)
So if people are happy they have to be comedians? That's a non-sequitur too. Completely nonsensical.
Unless you spend 24 hrs. a day with Trump and others, you don't know how often they laugh, and laughter is hardly the proof of happiness. That's a very shallow criteria for happiness.
The Democrat replies to this topic have demonstrated a very immature understanding of how happy adults behave.

The rich are stupid? Is that how they got rich, by being stupid?
Yet another non-sequitur. The Democrats don't know what a mature happy adult looks like, conforming they are the ones who aren't happy, they don't even know what it looks like!

EatTheRich

President
The rich are stupid? Is that how they got rich, by being stupid?
Yet another non-sequitur. The Democrats don't know what a mature happy adult looks like, conforming they are the ones who aren't happy, they don't even know what it looks like!
No, the stupidity is a consequence of being born into wealth and never having to face the consequences of their actions. So is the bliss that comes from ignorance.

As for generosity, liberals outdo conservatives when donations to churches, which cause more harm than good and are done for selfish reasons, are removed from the picture.

And as for murder, the right commits the overwhelming majority of politically motivated murders in the U.S.

Bugsy McGurk

President
So if people are happy they have to be comedians? That's a non-sequitur too. Completely nonsensical.
Unless you spend 24 hrs. a day with Trump and others, you don't know how often they laugh, and laughter is hardly the proof of happiness. That's a very shallow criteria for happiness.
The Democrat replies to this topic have demonstrated a very immature understanding of how happy adults behave.
Nope. Happy people don’t have to be comedians, but it’s quite telling that few comedians are right wingers.

And we see Trump on TV constantly. He very rarely laughs. Same with most wingers.

Meanwhile, we have you claiming that conservatives are happier. I just don’t see it. Most seem to be bitter and angry.