• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Right-Wing Politics is Driving People Away From Church

RickWA

Snagglesooth
here's the end quote from the article which I relevent here:
"But Campbell warned that this shift is already reducing churches’ ability to bring a diverse array of people together and break down partisan barriers. That, in his view, threatens to further undermine trust in religious groups and make our politics more and more divisive. “We have very few institutions left in the country where people who have different political views come together,” he said. “Worship was one of those — and without it, the list is smaller and smaller.”
The goal of the church is not “diversity”. Just like the goal of the church is not “unity” or “tolerance” or “pluralism”. The first thing for the Church is Christ. Not being woke, not accommodating contemporary whim, temporal notion of “social justice”, not acceptance of sin. It is Christ.

Corollary to this is that we ought not be all “judgy” about sinners...but likewise ought not accommodate the sin itself. Some folks struggle with the delineation between the two. We are all sinners. All people are welcome in the church, but all actions are not accepted in the church. That’s for the worshipper and Christ to work out.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Have you considered that there is a world outside of your cave?
Yep. Being a professional engineer and business owner has led me to every state in the union as well as most of South and Central America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, and Northern Africa. I’ve lived all over...and I know/have employed all sorts of people of many differing faiths. I suspect that none in this forum have traveled and lived in as wide ranging places as I have.

...None of the above changes the unchanging God of the universe.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Do you think everyone feels welcome?
I can’t control feelings. And the church’s primary purpose is not control of feelings. It is, however, stewardship of Christ and His message.

“Everyone” will never “feel welcome” in this world. That’s part of the struggle.

EatTheRich

President
Church's active involvement in politics has changed. Before Falwell and Robertson, churches and politics had remained separate for a while(temperance movement was church based but also a very long time ago). The church's morality isn't what's driving them away. It's active engagement in Republican politics. Religious groups donate to Republicans, they give sermons on Trump. They advocate for Republicans. It drives people away from the church.
A lot of the politics around Jim Crow (both right-leaning churches that supported it and left-wing churches that opposed it) were Christianity-based.

The goal of the church is not “diversity”. Just like the goal of the church is not “unity” or “tolerance” or “pluralism”. The first thing for the Church is Christ. Not being woke, not accommodating contemporary whim, temporal notion of “social justice”, not acceptance of sin. It is Christ.
None of things are incompatible with the church. It's just people who don't want leftists politics anywhere near their church. It's political bigotry on the church's side, by not accepting and inviting the woke individuals and social justice warriors into their fold.
Corollary to this is that we ought not be all “judgy” about sinners...but likewise ought not accommodate the sin itself. Some folks struggle with the delineation between the two. We are all sinners. All people are welcome in the church, but all actions are not accepted in the church. That’s for the worshipper and Christ to work out.
Social justice, nor tolerance, nor pluralism, nor diversity is a sin. Nor is supporting them politically.

Last edited:

EatTheRich

President
Nope, text book concentration camps because Red Don is a racist and is doing such for punitive measures and it's indefinite.

Those keys make Red Don's concentration camps text book
And they were constructed under Obama, based on a plan drawn up under Bush, and they were textbook concentration camps then.

EatTheRich

President
Christians rally to Trump for the same reason they rally to Christ Jesus, they both were and are outspoken of the excess of a government that oppresses the people and as long as it continues the Christians will stand up against the heavy handedness of the left in this nation.
That makes no sense, Trump openly admires dictators who are far more repressive.

EatTheRich

President
The Jesus I know said "Do not murder". Abortion is murder. Speaking out against the murder of the unborn is required of a Christian. In fact, that is the real "justice" of the Bible.
Hate is murder, according to Jesus. Yet you
1. Ignore hate to focus on abortion
2. Promote hate directly
3. Excoriate anyone who tries to combat it

Mr. Friscus

Governor
A lot of the politics around Jim Crow (both right-leaning churches that supported it and left-wing churches that opposed it) were Christianity-based.
"Christianity-based"?

In what way? Are you accidentally just looking at if the Democrat who advocated for Jim Crow happened to be a believer?

Mr. Friscus

Governor
2. Promote hate directly
I missed that commandment...

Meanwhile, since you say people "promote hate directly", where are the direct, literal calls for hate?

You know, since it's "direct"...

I'll wait.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Can't speak for all churches or any others than the one I attend for that matter. I have regularly attended one since sometime in 2016. The church has 4 pastors and it's no secret that they are Trump supporters. At one point earlier this year,because of some of the things said from the pulpit,I was seriously considering leaving the church. As things have heated up this year, the pastors realized the trap they were setting for themselves and possibly leading the church into. A couple months ago,during a Sunday sermon,the teaching pastor said: "If you truly follow Jesus and live The Word,there will be times when you are too liberal for your conservative friends and other times when you are too conservative for your liberal friends." Truth.

2. Promote hate directly
Leftists label Christians as "haters" simply for disagreeing with them politically. I disagree politically with a few family members, but we don't hate each other.
The "hate label" is a lie by the left in an attempt to silence Christians and deny us our right to free speech, including spreading the Gospel. And you know it, Richie, along with every other leftie on this forum.
Saving the unborn to preserve their right to life, liberty and happiness cannot be described as hate by any definition. Hate doesn't save lives. The murder of the unborn is the real hate.
Preaching against the sexual sins of homosexuality and fornication is no different from preaching against the sexual sin of adultery. It cannot by definition be called hate unless a preaching against all sins, greed, gluttony, etc. is hate. Turning away from sin preserves and improves lives. That can't be hate.
The "hate label" is a lie by the left in an attempt to silence Christians and deny us our right to free speech, including spreading the Gospel. And you know it, EatTheRich, along with every other leftie on this forum.Those are the facts.

That makes no sense, Trump openly admires dictators who are far more repressive.
You misunderstand the art of negotiation and the correct method for "getting to yes" in business and political negotiations. Obama didn't know either. He just took the easy way and grabbed his ankles and prayed Iran wouldn't hurt us too much.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
None of things are incompatible with the church. It's just people who don't want leftists politics anywhere near their church. It's political bigotry on the church's side, by not accepting and inviting the woke individuals and social justice warriors into their fold.

Social justice, nor tolerance, nor pluralism, nor diversity is a sin. Nor is supporting them politically.
Some items may be compatible and some incompatible, but the fact remains that those things are not the church’s mission...any more than having a certain quota of red ‘Vettes in the parking lot is. Dragging movement wokism into a body of worship is nonsense and doesn’t align with the mission. Those “individuals” you mentioned I already noted are welcome in the church. They need to table their political agendas and focus on Christ.

You folks have a major dysfunction...and that dysfunction is that your religion is leftwing politics, NOT Christ. You make Church, football, the Boy Scouts...everything... about your leftism.

You do not get to displace Christ. You may not and you will not.