• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Right Wingers Want To Ban Teaching Evolution in SCHOOLS!

Caroljo

Senator
Oh Bullshit....
I don't think evolution should be banned. But I also think that if one should be taught then BOTH should be. If you're going to teach evolution in schools, then creationism should be able to be taught also.

Those terrorists that are banning all these things shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Democrats here are the ones that want to ban anything that doesn't fit their agenda. So comparing "right wingers" to what ISIS is doing it pretty far fetched.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Oh Bullshit....
I don't think evolution should be banned. But I also think that if one should be taught then BOTH should be. If you're going to teach evolution in schools, then creationism should be able to be taught also.

Those terrorists that are banning all these things shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Democrats here are the ones that want to ban anything that doesn't fit their agenda. So comparing "right wingers" to what ISIS is doing it pretty far fetched.
Do you believe evolution and creationism should be taught in the same class?

Ponder this:

..Half of those who self-identify as tea partiers do not believe in global warming. And despite mounting evidence, overall GOP acceptance of climate science has fallen in recent years. Likewise, half of tea partiers don’t believe in evolution. This actually might qualify as progress: A 2007 Gallup survey showed 68 percent of all Republicans reject evolution.

http://reason.com/archives/2012/04/03/conservatives-dont-care-about-science-ne

Zoar

Governor
This is what many REPUBLICANS here in the US think (even if they say today they don't). Get a few beers in them and they come out in full REPUBLICAN form:

Republican On Women.jpg

Arkady

President
Oh Bullshit....

Both should be taught? I'm not sure what that means. There are countless creation myths. Shouldn't you be saying "all should be taught," instead of just "both?" Some creation myths involve a creator god. Some involve multiple creator gods, or spirits. Others involve a personified earth emerging out of chaos or nothing. There is also wild divergence, within those myths, about how the plants, animals, and people came into being.

Anyway, I have no problem with creation myths being taught in the right context. I went to public school and we covered a few creation myths, including the Judaic one, the main Olympian myth, the main Norse myth, and one of the ancient Egyptian creation myths. But, we dealt with those in the history/sociology/literary perspective, rather than having them presented in a science class. At this point, evolution by natural selection is the only active scientific theory for the origin of species. So, it's the only appropriate one for science class. Covering more would be like having a biology class where you first teach that the liver is an organ involved in detoxification and digestion, and then you follow that by teaching myths about the liver being the body's reservoir for qi energy, and that by eating someone else's liver, you will gain his strength. One is science and one is myth, and it's important to distinguish between the two in education.

Last edited:

Zoar

Governor
Putin at 16.jpg
Religious conservatives are a creepy bunch.
Here is a creepy dude.

The Creepiest dude of all, of course, on the left.

And Righties here love him cause as they are so fond of saying, "At least you know what you get with him (Putin)."..

Can Righties be any more scary than to say crap like that about one if the creepiest people on the planet!!

Zoar

Governor
Subject(s). Two different subjects.

Teach evolution in science class.
Teach creationism in religion class.

Kids should be exposed to both.... what they do with it, is their choice.
If we follow your reasoning, (which I do not) then if they teach Creationism in Religion class then they should "teach" every other religion including Satanism....

That poses problems.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
If we follow your reasoning, (which I do not) then if they teach Creationism in Religion class then they should "teach" every other religion including Satanism....

That poses problems.
Excellent point and one I endorse thoroughly! The class is Religion...not Christianity.