• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Rubio's the nominee: Koch brothers’ D.C. guru joins Marco Rubio team

afella

Mayor
The nail in the coffin. With the Koch brothers, not directly (yet), throwing their support behind Rubio it should be over shortly. I've been saying for at least 6 months it would be Rubio, and after his strong showing in Iowa I was even more certain. This puts it over the top, I can't wait to watch Trump start his meltdown.

"Marc Short, the Koch brothers’ top political adviser in Washington and a trusted member of their inner circle for five years, is making a surprise move to the Marco Rubio campaign as a senior adviser as the Republican establishment ramps up efforts to stop Donald Trump."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/marc-short-marco-rubio-219664#ixzz412LQWm37

connieb

Senator
The nail in the coffin. With the Koch brothers, not directly (yet), throwing their support behind Rubio it should be over shortly. I've been saying for at least 6 months it would be Rubio, and after his strong showing in Iowa I was even more certain. This puts it over the top, I can't wait to watch Trump start his meltdown.

"Marc Short, the Koch brothers’ top political adviser in Washington and a trusted member of their inner circle for five years, is making a surprise move to the Marco Rubio campaign as a senior adviser as the Republican establishment ramps up efforts to stop Donald Trump."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/marc-short-marco-rubio-219664#ixzz412LQWm37
I think Kassich and Carson should drop out, so the vote will only be split between Rubio and Cruz. That will give Rubio a good advantage. Rubio should make Kassich his running mate. I actually genuinely like Kassich. I think he is a good guy and he has lots of good ideas. I think a Rubio/Kassich ticket would be good.

Although I more closely align with Ted Cruz's constiutionalist policies, i lean pretty libertarian, I just never liked him. When he gives speeches, he says things i like - for the most part - but I just don't like him. Rubio and Kassich are both eminently likeable.

Trump is a lose cannon. I liked that he is not a religious conservative, so that took some of the extreme fringe pandering to the religious right out of this race. It was done, but they didn't have to keep moving righter and righter to top each other, which is good. But, Trump is too leftwing for me. He hates Obamacare but has said he would endorse a single payer program. He is too into big Gov't spying and lack of privacy rights. He is pro eminent domain, and while there is a place for it on a very very very VERY limited basis - i.e. to build a damn or reservoir or utilities, I am absolutely against it for the purpose of expanding the tax base - and development type situations.

Most politicians say anything to get elected, but in a pandering way to a specific voter and demographic. Trump is all over the board with the crap he says.. which makes him even less trustworthy than average. I don't for instance believe he would nominate an appropriately conservative SCJ. I don't want a religiously conservative one, but a strict constitutionalist.

afella

Mayor
I think Kassich and Carson should drop out, so the vote will only be split between Rubio and Cruz. That will give Rubio a good advantage. Rubio should make Kassich his running mate. I actually genuinely like Kassich. I think he is a good guy and he has lots of good ideas. I think a Rubio/Kassich ticket would be good.

Although I more closely align with Ted Cruz's constiutionalist policies, i lean pretty libertarian, I just never liked him. When he gives speeches, he says things i like - for the most part - but I just don't like him. Rubio and Kassich are both eminently likeable.

Trump is a lose cannon. I liked that he is not a religious conservative, so that took some of the extreme fringe pandering to the religious right out of this race. It was done, but they didn't have to keep moving righter and righter to top each other, which is good. But, Trump is too leftwing for me. He hates Obamacare but has said he would endorse a single payer program. He is too into big Gov't spying and lack of privacy rights. He is pro eminent domain, and while there is a place for it on a very very very VERY limited basis - i.e. to build a damn or reservoir or utilities, I am absolutely against it for the purpose of expanding the tax base - and development type situations.

Most politicians say anything to get elected, but in a pandering way to a specific voter and demographic. Trump is all over the board with the crap he says.. which makes him even less trustworthy than average. I don't for instance believe he would nominate an appropriately conservative SCJ. I don't want a religiously conservative one, but a strict constitutionalist.
A Rubio-Kasich ticket would be tough for either democrat nominee to defeat. Kasich appeals to moderate/right democrats, Rubio would get the minority vote for the GOP. That's a strong ticket. It's all about electability.

As soon as Cruz dips out after him and Trump go at it, Rubio will skyrocket. Once Cruz is out, it will allow the Koch brothers to throw their weight behind Rubio, and that will turn the tide away from Trump.

I don't like any of the GOP candidates, except for Kasich. I wouldn't vote for him, but he is the most reasonable IMO out of the bunch.

I think Rubio is a disaster waiting to happen. The GOP core doesn't seem to understand that no one wants their candidates this time around.

Fear of Fonzie

Marco "Potsie" nOObio is the Diet Koch of evil. He'll fizzle soon.