• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Russia, Russia, Russia. Alice, why is Russia always interfering in our elections?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Seems US Russian 'interferences' are looooong standing. not new. not hardly

Interesting stuff..

oh, and dont forget china...

RickWA

Snagglesooth

Interesting stuff..

What I'd like to know is...why did Russian interference in our elections NEVER MATTER OR EVEN RATE A MENTION until 2016/Trump's election? Is it because his obvious rhetorical joke about Hillary's emails presented an opening for conspiratorial morons to ply an idiotic mantra in lieu of substantive critique? Is it because Trump's opposition is too feeble to even find a viable candidate who DIDN'T HONEYMOON IN SOVIET-ERA MOSCOW?!? Is it because the very oddity that is Trump has caused everyone to go bonkers - including the opposition party, the media, and PJ contributors?

I guess my real question is...how did we get trapped inside this bad cartoon?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
What I'd like to know is...why did Russian interference in our elections NEVER MATTER OR EVEN RATE A MENTION until 2016/Trump's election? Is it because his obvious rhetorical joke about Hillary's emails presented an opening for conspiratorial morons to ply an idiotic mantra in lieu of substantive critique? Is it because Trump's opposition is too feeble to even find a viable candidate who DIDN'T HONEYMOON IN SOVIET-ERA MOSCOW?!? Is it because the very oddity that is Trump has caused everyone to go bonkers - including the opposition party, the media, and PJ contributors?

because there is nothing left but bad cartoon.

there's been meddling for decade upon decade upon decade... them;s the facts..

but we have more people today that need a bogeyman to blame, rather than address the catastrophic failure of our body politic..

we literally countenance the visiting of violence upon people....and ..well.. it's unreal

Interesting stuff..

At least 2 other nations - germany and the UK - have made well founded accusations of russian meddling in elections.

Russias goal has always been to show uncertainty about the democratic process. In 2016 they played this from 2 angles:

1. Thousands of partisan facebook ads

2. Feeding evidence to the bogus steele dossier.

If hillary had won as the media kept insisting she would, putin would have been perfectly positioned to show how she exploited the dossier contents to arm twist Obama's FBI into spying on trump.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
because there is nothing left but bad cartoon.

there's been meddling for decade upon decade upon decade... them;s the facts..

but we have more people today that need a bogeyman to blame, rather than address the catastrophic failure of our body politic..

we literally countenance the visiting of violence upon people....and ..well.. it's unreal
Yes. It would be recognized as entirely repulsive if more people could step out of the dementia and see it.

Last edited:

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

Interesting stuff..

If Russia interfering again in 2020 is no big deal, why was Trump so angry that Congress was briefed about it?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
If Russia interfering again in 2020 is no big deal, why was Trump so angry that Congress was briefed about it?
What makes you think it's no big deal? werent you around for what's happened these last three years? pretty big f'in deal...

see my other post...

maybe we ought to prosecute anyone found to be offering/selling them russkies ip bandwidth.

Spamature

President

Interesting stuff..

It's a big deal now because never before have we had a leader, major campaign and a political party that actively, and openly, cooperate with it.

Spamature

President

He was not joking.

Go to 1:08 of this video when he was challenged on it right after the speech and he makes it clear it was not a joke.

Please stop saying it was joke.

Spamature

President
who would that be? Mueller's findings stated otherwise.
No it didn't. He said he could not prove a conspiracy under the law between the Trump campaign and the Russian govt.

He did say they welcomed Russian interference and that they tried to collude with them.

He also said he could not prove conspiracy because the campaign destroyed evidence that would have allowed him to do so.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
He was not joking.

Go to 1:08 of this video when he was challenged on it right after the speech and he makes it clear it was not a joke.

Please stop saying it was joke.
Good grief. Anyone who - at this point - thinks Trump is allied with Russia and is "doing Putin's bidding" is mentally ill. I'm not arguing any more about factual data points such as Trump absolutely HAMMERING Germany for buying Russian natural gas, etc., etc...

...Because the mentally ill folks will disregard anything that is not confirmation bias. Then, they will proceed to nominate a Soviet-sympathizing presidential candidate to run against him.

Nope. I am a chemist by trade and I'm not in the business of psychiatry. Good luck, though.

Spamature

President
Good grief. Anyone who - at this point - thinks Trump is allied with Russia and is "doing Putin's bidding" is mentally ill. I'm not arguing any more about factual data points such as Trump absolutely HAMMERING Germany for buying Russian natural gas, etc., etc...

...Because the mentally ill folks will disregard anything that is not confirmation bias. Then, they will proceed to nominate a Soviet-sympathizing presidential candidate to run against him.

Nope. I am a chemist by trade and I'm not in the business of psychiatry. Good luck, though.
First of all you don't have any factual data points to argue and you never have. All you have is name calling and an irritable disposition to back up what you say.

Now tell me where in the exchange in that video did he say he was joking as you keep wrongly asserting.

Also we sell natural gas. You think he might just be hammering Germany to get them as a US customer ?

Last edited:

RickWA

Snagglesooth
First of all you don't have any factual data points to argue and you never have. All you have is name calling and an irritable disposition to back up what you say.

Now tell me where in the exchange in that video did he say he was joking as you keep wrongly asserting.

Also we sell natural gas. You think he might just be hammering them to get them as a US customer ?
See what I mean? Even the one, singular off the cuff data point regarding his fight with Merkel over Germany sourcing natural gas from Russia was IMMEDIATELY AND SUMMARILY skipped over by you in terms of it NOT being in Putin's interest.. Not only did you ignore it and not respond to it...you directly DENIED that I have ever cited such a thing...in the direct reply. Whether or not Trump seeks to sell US Natural gas, his attacking an ally for sourcing it from his supposed master is notable to normal, well-adjusted people.

I am not joking when I suggest that you folks are mentally ill. Whether the constant, blatant dishonesty emanates from that illness or is simply an additional trait I cannot say. What I can say is that any exchanges with you folks is pointless. You don't recognize reality unless it aligns precisely with your fantasy. Crazy stuff.

MrMike

Bless you all
It is funny the Democrats would be dumb enough to orchestrate this "Russia helping Trump" narrative yet again to make excuses for their potential 2020 loss.

Honestly, does anyone with a lick of sense think Russia would prefer Trump over a real commie like Bernie?

It appears the Democrats have really melted down to total lunacy...

UPNYA2

Mayor

Also we sell natural gas. You think he might just be hammering Germany to get them as a US customer ?

Again, proof positive that humor is like fukin' kryptonite to dems/libs.

Seriously? ????????

"Now tell me where in the exchange in that video did he say he was joking as you keep wrongly asserting."

Have you ever in your life heard or told a joke? Did they or you begin it by stating, "OK, what I am about to say is going to be a JOKE, not real."

Damn.

You couldn't be the life of the party in a damned coma ward. Lighten up dude.