• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Russian Meddling is nothing new.....

The most interesting to me is just how much of 'the rest of the story' that the media leaves out. Part of that is the number of other countries that have involved themselves in our elections, especially after a number of servers used to conduct our gov't business were so vulnerable to hacking by most anybody.

Another part, and one of the biggest, is the number of countries' elections that we interject ourselves into including forcing or attempting regime change. Evidently that's supposed to be OK for us to do 'cause we're so special.

At any rate, all of it from all sides has gone on for so many years that it's sort of part of the process.
Yes, we interfere in other countries elections when its in our national interest. We should also be able to defend against those trying to meddle in ours for their national interests.

Zam-Zam

Senator
Obviously the lesson is: what they did in the past didn't work so we need to do more to prevent it from happening again.
So....learn from history.

Which would entail first studying history.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

George Santayana

Zam-Zam

Senator
And what do you take from history that could apply to preventing Russia from doing it again?

I don't have all the answers any more than you do. I would think, however, it would be wise to take a look what was tried in the past and gauge how successful/unsuccessful those attempts were, no?

I just don't see a downside to that.

Perhaps one idea would to not allow the Secretary of State to keep her/his work computer in their private residence. Just a thought.

I don't have all the answers any more than you do. I would think, however, it would be wise to take a look what was tried in the past and gauge how successful/unsuccessful those attempts were, no?

I just don't see a downside to that.
You aren't look at techniques they used to prevent them from doing it. You are using some vaguely tangential aspect of history to distract and deflect.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
To my knowledge, no one here has suggested ignoring anything. Classic strawman.

And, despite your attempts at marginalization, the evidence remains clear that this is not a new phenomenon. Any suggestion that it is would be false.

Ignoring or minimizing the facts that don't fit the narrative is illogical, no?
The facts are that the 2016 election meddling was far more pervasive and successful than ever before. Minimizing that fact is nuts.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
The most interesting to me is just how much of 'the rest of the story' that the media leaves out. Part of that is the number of other countries that have involved themselves in our elections, especially after a number of servers used to conduct our gov't business were so vulnerable to hacking by most anybody.

Another part, and one of the biggest, is the number of countries' elections that we interject ourselves into including forcing or attempting regime change. Evidently that's supposed to be OK for us to do 'cause we're so special.

At any rate, all of it from all sides has gone on for so many years that it's sort of part of the process.
So what is your suggestion for how to move forward?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/01/05/russia-has-been-meddling-in-foreign-elections-for-decades-has-it-made-a-difference/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e4fe5fe828fd

Moscow has been doing this for decades....then again so has China and most recently NK. The most dangerous of these is demonstrably China...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_espionage_in_the_United_States

A few tiny Tariffs against them for these things is not enough IMO. But do we see any media coverage? NO...the media has no interest in national security and they use the words patriot and loyalty to further the cause of espionage and national destruction only....similar to the DNC operatives who spam these boards every day with their pre-chisled political barf-o-rama.

I think the best approach to this entire thing is to illuminate it for what it really is....a huge credibility gap. So much has been exposed on the left since Bernie-burn DNC BS....down through the hacking scandal and the preposterous Collusion theory that the public no longer even has an eye roll left for the stuff coming out of that conglomeration of confusion and falsehood. What few truths may be embedded therein are hopelessly lost in sea of lies and then isolated by a wall of arrogance, condescension and venom.

Trump has played this game very well...despite his buffoonery.....which may in fact be part of the game. He is is a tough as a piece of sun dried elephant skin and as determined as a hungry crocodile. He knows that all he has to do is wait for the left to self destruct.....

Lucy holds the football and Linus will ALWAYS come for the kick..... Lucy will ALWAYS pull it out and Linus will end up on his back EVERY TIME. The left can no more adjust their stance and their ethics than Linus can resist the attempt.

Nuff said.

Landslide 2020...

JO
Of course it's nothing new, but remember the fakestream media just woke up from an eight year coma in 2016, so they're still catching up.

justoffal

Senator

Yes It would appear that we started all of this decades ago....the retaliation by other nation is really quite normal.

JO