• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Rx, Science Fiction Author and Conservative

reason10

Governor
My avatar says it all. And that's as far as I'll go since I'm not allowed to advertise in this forum.

Republican since 1976. (Carter can be a traumatic eye opener to someone sitting on the sidelines.) Voted Republican ever since. Probably only true loyal Republican here.

Conservative, but not really a member of any conservative "movement." Yeah, they've really been effective, haven't they? Got Obamacare tossed, balanced the budget, built the wall, right? Actually, conservatives sat out two elections and let the WORST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY have two terms. Yeah, I guess they really taught us a lesson, huh? Say what you want about idiot liberals and Democrats. Their limited intelligence comes in handy when it comes to voting in lockstep to keep their candidates in office.

So for purposes of posting here, (and again anything in my private life will only lead to KENT, and I'm not allowed to advertise it) I'm just one of the millions of Trump voters. If he isn't elected president, we will no longer have a country.

Yes, I'm a nice guy and I have a sense of humor. Hope you all get to see that side once in a while.

Reactions: Jen

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
...Republican since 1976. (Carter can be a traumatic eye opener to someone sitting on the sidelines.) Voted Republican ever since. Probably only true loyal Republican here....
Welcome, MD.

I first voted in 1974 and was a member of the Republican party for about 38 years before finally becoming fed up with direction it'd been heading ever since Jerry Falwell's mob entered the tent. I'm a big fan of Barry Goldwater, but believe very few true conservatives like him exist in the RNC these days.

reason10

Governor
Welcome, MD.

I first voted in 1974 and was a member of the Republican party for about 38 years before finally becoming fed up with direction it'd been heading ever since Jerry Falwell's mob entered the tent. I'm a big fan of Barry Goldwater, but believe very few true conservatives like him exist in the RNC these days.
Just out of curiosity, what was your beef with Falwell? I watched one of his TV shows, (the Old Time Gospel Hour) and it was basically a Baptist service. Not exactly the Million Man March.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Just out of curiosity, what was your beef with Falwell? I watched one of his TV shows, (the Old Time Gospel Hour) and it was basically a Baptist service. Not exactly the Million Man March.
He turned the GOP into the RNC. The RNC is more about religious issues then economic and military. Remember Goldwater's speech to Congress in 1981? He warned us about those bastards.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
I'm just one of the millions of Trump voters. If he isn't elected president, we will no longer have a country.

Welcome to PJ, reason10... although your dire warning re a Trump loss sounds a bit over the top. imo

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to PJ. Good time to jump in. Didja lurk awhile before registering? Just curious.

reason10

Governor
He turned the GOP into the RNC. The RNC is more about religious issues then economic and military. Remember Goldwater's speech to Congress in 1981? He warned us about those bastards.
Turned the Grand Old Party into the Republican National Committee? Actually, I can see a negative associated with the Republican National Committee today, considering what that son of a bitch Romney said. As far as Goldwater goes, honestly it's difficult to honor someone who LOST to Johnson. Bastards? Like Reagan? (The greatest president in history).

Interestingly enough, Trump isn't running as evangelical a campaign as Cruz today (even as Trump is getting the evangelical Christians.) But frankly I don't see Christians as a major threat to our economy, our security and our freedom. I don't hold it against a person for going to church. And I don't recall ANY Republican president since Reagan forcing people into a moral straitjacket.

Liberals always wag their fingers at religious folk. Then again, liberals are idiots, so who gives a rat's ass what they think?

Jen

Senator
My avatar says it all. And that's as far as I'll go since I'm not allowed to advertise in this forum.

Republican since 1976. (Carter can be a traumatic eye opener to someone sitting on the sidelines.) Voted Republican ever since. Probably only true loyal Republican here.

Conservative, but not really a member of any conservative "movement." Yeah, they've really been effective, haven't they? Got Obamacare tossed, balanced the budget, built the wall, right? Actually, conservatives sat out two elections and let the WORST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY have two terms. Yeah, I guess they really taught us a lesson, huh? Say what you want about idiot liberals and Democrats. Their limited intelligence comes in handy when it comes to voting in lockstep to keep their candidates in office.

So for purposes of posting here, (and again anything in my private life will only lead to KENT, and I'm not allowed to advertise it) I'm just one of the millions of Trump voters. If he isn't elected president, we will no longer have a country.

Yes, I'm a nice guy and I have a sense of humor. Hope you all get to see that side once in a while.
Welcome.

You had me on "Science Fiction Author", but I liked the rest even better.
I hold Republicans responsible for betraying us, not Conservatism. I left the Republican Party in 2003 because I wasn't a fan of GW or his taking us into Iran. I'm not a neocon. I rejoined the GOP momentarily because I live in a closed primary state and wanted to vote for McCain in the primary (not that I love McCain. I don't like him at all, but I really disliked Obama).
I am a moderate conservative and don't belong to any conservative movement (no Tea Party crapola).
Post away.

Now, more importantly, what do you write? What do you read?

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member

Welcome to the rat race...Florida, hmmm, ever meet the Gap Dragon or visit Castle Roogna?

reason10

Governor
Welcome.

You had me on "Science Fiction Author", but I liked the rest even better.
I hold Republicans responsible for betraying us, not Conservatism. I left the Republican Party in 2003 because I wasn't a fan of GW or his taking us into Iran. I'm not a neocon. I rejoined the GOP momentarily because I live in a closed primary state and wanted to vote for McCain in the primary (not that I love McCain. I don't like him at all, but I really disliked Obama).
I am a moderate conservative and don't belong to any conservative movement (no Tea Party crapola).
Post away.

Now, more importantly, what do you write? What do you read?
Well, let's think of that first part. You believe Republicans, not conservatism, betrayed us. I kinda believe at different times we were betrayed by both. The Republican establishment betrayed us by giving us McCain and Romney as the only guys qualified to go up against Obama. Conservatives all had a collective temper tantrum and sat out both those races because our nominees weren't quite "Reagan" enough. Look how well that worked out.

Truthfully, our Republican front runner is dancing to a different drummer and isn't pretending to be any sort of "Conservative Movement." He's drawing from all sorts of sectors that the GOP has chosen to ignore for many election cycles, then that same GOP establishment has the gall to act surprised when he shoots ahead of the pack.

What do I write?
http://www.amazon.com/Kent-Mark-Dupuy-ebook/dp/B0168SL6X2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458502785&sr=8-1&keywords=kent,+private+sector+super+hero

I've been reading Trump's books. "Time to Get Tough" and "Crippled America."

Jen

Senator
Well, let's think of that first part. You believe Republicans, not conservatism, betrayed us. I kinda believe at different times we were betrayed by both. The Republican establishment betrayed us by giving us McCain and Romney as the only guys qualified to go up against Obama. Conservatives all had a collective temper tantrum and sat out both those races because our nominees weren't quite "Reagan" enough. Look how well that worked out.

Truthfully, our Republican front runner is dancing to a different drummer and isn't pretending to be any sort of "Conservative Movement." He's drawing from all sorts of sectors that the GOP has chosen to ignore for many election cycles, then that same GOP establishment has the gall to act surprised when he shoots ahead of the pack.

What do I write?
http://www.amazon.com/Kent-Mark-Dupuy-ebook/dp/B0168SL6X2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458502785&sr=8-1&keywords=kent, private sector super hero

I've been reading Trump's books. "Time to Get Tough" and "Crippled America."
Well, I've bookmarked that.
Right now I'm finishing up Robert Jordan's last Wheel of Time book.
I'll take a look at yours.
I think I should probably read Trump's books too.

reason10

Governor
You write Sci Fi? Which space marines carried axes? this is a test
I'm not much of a sci fi reader. Kent is about a man in Orlando who owns a construction company. He is able to take the big jobs and undercut all the competition because he doesn't need to hire any employees. He has all the powers of Superman. He's able to do things like move wrecked planes, build a dam in the Middle East, etc.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
...As far as Goldwater goes, honestly it's difficult to honor someone who LOST to Johnson. Bastards? ....
Thanks for making my point. Have a really great [Unwelcome language removed] day trying to judge who is and who isn't a "true conservative".

Are you trying to be the next William Luther Pierce? Do you believe some races are superior to others?

reason10

Governor
<<<Thanks for making my point. Have a really great [Unwelcome language removed] day trying to judge who is and who isn't a "true conservative".>>

Life is too short to play that game.

<<<Are you trying to be the next William Luther Pierce?>>>>

Pierce wound up joining the John Birchers. Interesting thing about that was how that group wound up leaving Rush Limbaugh behind because they attacked William F. Buckley, who is for all intents and purposes the father of the American conservative movement. (Even as his National Review has gone off the deep end with their attacks on Trump.) Pierce doesn't sound like some one I would agree with on anything.

<<<Do you believe some races are superior to others?>>>

Not possible. I'm not a Democrat liberal. I DO believe that some CULTURES are definitely superior to others. That's the no brainer of the century. But races?

See, here's where my age gets me in all kinds of trouble. When I was in school in the Sixties I was taught that there were THREE races. PERIOD. End of discussion.

There were Caucasians (primary of western European descent), Negros (primarily of sub Saharan African descent) and Mongolians (primarily of Asian descent.) And I've been called every kind of racist in the world because it seems like a million new races have been created since the Sixties.

Apparently Hispanics are different from Mexicans and they are a different race from people from Spain, EVEN THOUGH THEY ALL SPEAK THE SAME [Unwelcome language removed] LANGUAGE. For that matter, Hispanics (meaning primarily Hispaniola residents-Dominican Republic) seem to think they are even a different race from Puerto Ricans. I didn't read this in any book. I had Dominican, Puerto Rican and Mexican friends. They all believe they are a different race.

Drives me nucking futs.

To me the problem is the ignorant [Unwelcome language removed] who bring up race every time they lose an argument.