• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Ryan Gosling says moon landing was "human achievement",not an american one

Days

Commentator
Dude, I'm really sick and tired of you making everyone of my posts about me. We're are presumably having a discussion, if that's too much for you to handle, please exit the conversation, because taunting you is not why I came here.

If you want to debate, debate what I effing post and stop making this crap about me.
exactly, so quit making it about you and reply to the post. My post wasn't about you or addressed to you, even. I summarized the points in the post, and you still don't address them. wtf?

There's 2 points in the post that you replied to...
  • why did NASA build a film studio complete with full stage, artificial moon and tracking on rails? How is that "training"? and if it was used for training, why didn't they make any training videos?
  • radiation is one of the obstacles to manned space flight. NASA's own records for the Apollo missions record that they never left low earth orbit with any of the missions. Apollo 11, for instance, accumulated 1/7th of one REM for the entire mission.
I can't see where you addressed either point. So what was your motive in replying to the post? It wasn't directed at you, but if you had something to say, go ahead and say it.

Puzzling Evidence

Free range human living on a tax farm.
  • radiation is one of the obstacles to manned space flight. NASA's own records for the Apollo missions record that they never left low earth orbit with any of the missions. Apollo 11, for instance, accumulated 1/7th of one REM for the entire mission.
I've already explained this. IN DETAIL. I guess because you did not agree with it, that you are demanding me to re-explain it?

Fine:

The Van Allen Belt is composed of CHARGED PARTICLES - not X-rays, Gama rays, etc.

The belts are 1,000 - 60,000 miles long made up mostly of high energy protons which are larger and more easily blocked by lead and other materials and electrons which are smaller and do less damage while being harder to block. Because electrons are so small, they do very little damage.

The Van Allen belts are much thinner at the poles of the earth. If you use proper trajectory, you can shoot through them rather quickly. Thus, the amount of radiation that the astronauts were exposed to, was minimal compared to what was projected as a somewhat high estimate. That high estimate was precautionary because the Van Allen radiation is subject to quite a few factors.

Puzzling Evidence

No, I studied it.

And you haven't. I can tell that much. Neither has BDtex, as far as I know.
I've studied nuclear physics - that has absolutely no bearing or whether or not I have a functional understanding of it.

I don't have to study something to know more about it than some willfully ignorant buffoon.

Last edited:

Puzzling Evidence

why did NASA build a film studio complete with full stage, artificial moon and tracking on rails? How is that "training"? and if it was used for training, why didn't they make any training videos?
I imagine they built it to rehears operations which makes sense as we even do that for weddings.

Why isn't there any video?

Every once in a while you could do your OWN research and not simply accept what you are willing to buy into.

Oh, look! Here's another!

It's like you can't sling a dead cat without hitting this footage that you claimed was unavailable.

What were you doing for those ten years that you presumably were studying NASA moon landings?

Next time, make sure you know that something s unavailable - the Internet is a pretty large resource.

Last edited:

Puzzling Evidence

Days, aren't you supposed to educate me about this? Better get on the stick, the government is paying you good money to not have a clue what you are talking about...

Puzzling Evidence

God lord, anyone who thinks this didn't happen is either trying to bag conspiracy chicks or has his/her head up their ass.

Puzzling Evidence

The flag that John Young saluted is still visible in this picture taken by the LRO. The gray-colored blob is the flag; its contrastier shadow to the left is easier to make out. Also seen are the lunar descent module, astronaut tracks, the Lunar Rover and its tracks. Credit: NASA

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
A black woman was the mathematician who successfully calculated where the ocean landing would take place. At the time, there was no standard mathematics to facilitate such a nigh impossible endeavor.

You are completely ignoring the contributions of minorities.

Your post is a racist piece of lying garbage.
And Hidden Figures was based on a true story. It might have been exaggerated a little (most movies are) but the contributions those black women made to the space program were tremendous.

Days

Commentator
"Why won't Obama release his Long-form BC???"
Because no matter what gets released - it's fake.

If we don't have any film of the studio used to mimic the moon landing, how do we know that it looked exactly the same?
Wow, how far do I have to break it down for you? NASA built a full studio to make films and they made films, no one disputes that... but they never made a training film, so what did they make? Where are the films that they made?

That works both ways, you can be gullible in the quest to NOT believe something.

Yes, there is radiation in space. In particular, the Van Allen belt. Let me explain something about that:

Here:

One more time:

Van Allen Belt is composed of CHARGED PARTICLES - not X-rays, Gama rays, etc.

The belts are 1,000 - 60,000 miles long made up mostly of high energy protons which are larger and more easily blocked by lead and other materials and electrons which are smaller and do less damage while being harder to block. Because electrons are so small, they do very little damage.
Wow, I guess this is the kind of understanding one gets from watching debunkers on YouTube, eh?

Let's start with sun. The sun has flares, they are solar magnetic storms, nuclear fusion chain reaction explosions... happens constantly, sometimes it is referred to as the Sun's weather. Extremely big flares, coronal mass ejections, will kick massive amounts of material out from the Sun's surface, and then suck it right back, but all flares are explosions of light, and they kick out radiation that, when absorbed by human skin, becomes radiation poisoning. The magnetosphere of the earth and then the atmosphere of the earth shield us from that radiation poisoning. If you travel beyond the atmosphere and the magnetosphere, the solar flares will pose a threat of radiation poisoning.

In the Apollo missions, had they flown beyond the magnetosphere, the radiation striking the aluminum skin would have created x-ray poisoning. That poisoning would have affected the men and their drinking water, which would have doubled or tripled the dose of poisoning recorded on their dosimeters. But 1/7th of one REM is nothing, Apollo 11 did not record any radiation poisoning for their entire mission. NASA covered for that by saying there was no radiatiion poisoning in space. Sun studies have proven that to be a great big lie, so let's return to their missions and ask again; where did they fly? How did they fly through both radiation belts, twice, and walk on the moon during a minor solar flare and not record any radiation at all? Apollo 14 supposedly flew a two week mission, just two weeks after the biggest particle storm of the century, which would have left the magnetosphere buzzing with high energy particles. During their supposed time beyond the magnetosphere, Apollo 14 endured 5 major flares and 4 minor flares. Apollo 14 mission radiation would have killed the crew 5-10 times over, easily, if you figure in the drinking water. Dosimeters should have recorded at least 4000 REM. NASA records that the dosimeters read 2 REM. Where did they fly?

how is it, you are "calling me out" and you don't know the first thing about radiation poisoning? Or any of the Apollo mission history? Apollo missions flew during solar maximum, while NASA claimed that they "got lucky" and never encountered any particle storm activity... that was the only way NASA could explain none of the Apollo missions recording any radiation on their dosimeters. IOW, they couldn't explain it, so they lied. 1/7th of one REM isn't even enough to to explain low earth orbit, it is about what you would expect from a high altitude cargo drop from a helicopter... like they did for their training exercises.

There is radiation is space ... from solar flares. The radiation belts have stagnate high energy particles in them that get trapped in the earth's magnetosphere when particle storms from solar flares pass through. If you fly through the radiation belts at 25,000 mph, you should encounter enough collisions with high energy particles (that's what they are called, it is still a debate whether they are, in fact, particles) to encounter radiation poisoning. If the biggest particle storm of the century passed through just two weeks prior to your mission, you are probably dead just passing through the radiation belts. 500-600 REM is lethal. When the Soviets put a dog into space, it died in the radiation belts, at the beginning of the mission.

Days

Commentator
I've studied nuclear physics - that has absolutely no bearing or whether or not I have a functional understanding of it.

I don't have to study something to know more about it than some willfully ignorant buffoon.
you have displayed no understanding of nuclear physics, you have done a pretty good job of acting the buffoon, but I figure that's your posting style, that's cool, you seem to be running scared though, you haven't answered anything, you just fly off into tangents and post total nonsense, but I like your style.

Days

Commentator
I've already explained this. IN DETAIL. I guess because you did not agree with it, that you are demanding me to re-explain it?

Fine:

The Van Allen Belt is composed of CHARGED PARTICLES - not X-rays, Gama rays, etc.

The Van Allen belts are much thinner at the poles of the earth. If you use proper trajectory, you can shoot through them rather quickly. Thus, the amount of radiation that the astronauts were exposed to, was minimal compared to what was projected as a somewhat high estimate. That high estimate was precautionary because the Van Allen radiation is subject to quite a few factors.
The Apollo missions all supposedly flew equatorial orbits and released to the moon straight through the heart of the radiation belts. When the alpha particles strike metal they turn into x-ray poisoning, that's what the radiation threat was, in the radiation belts.

see this post for a better understanding of radiation in space...

Wow, how far do I have to break it down for you? NASA built a full studio to make films and they made films, no one disputes that... but they never made a training film, so what did they make? Where are the films that they made?

Wow, I guess this is the kind of understanding one gets from watching debunkers on YouTube, eh?

Let's start with sun. The sun has flares, they are solar magnetic storms, nuclear fusion chain reaction explosions... happens constantly, sometimes it is referred to as the Sun's weather. Extremely big flares, coronal mass ejections, will kick massive amounts of material out from the Sun's surface, and then suck it right back, but all flares are explosions of light, and they kick out radiation that, when absorbed by human skin, becomes radiation poisoning. The magnetosphere of the earth and then the atmosphere of the earth shield us from that radiation poisoning. If you travel beyond the atmosphere and the magnetosphere, the solar flares will pose a threat of radiation poisoning.

In the Apollo missions, had they flown beyond the magnetosphere, the radiation striking the aluminum skin would have created x-ray poisoning. That poisoning would have affected the men and their drinking water, which would have doubled or tripled the dose of poisoning recorded on their dosimeters. But 1/7th of one REM is nothing, Apollo 11 did not record any radiation poisoning for their entire mission. NASA covered for that by saying there was no radiatiion poisoning in space. Sun studies have proven that to be a great big lie, so let's return to their missions and ask again; where did they fly? How did they fly through both radiation belts, twice, and walk on the moon during a minor solar flare and not record any radiation at all? Apollo 14 supposedly flew a two week mission, just two weeks after the biggest particle storm of the century, which would have left the magnetosphere buzzing with high energy particles. During their supposed time beyond the magnetosphere, Apollo 14 endured 5 major flares and 4 minor flares. Apollo 14 mission radiation would have killed the crew 5-10 times over, easily, if you figure in the drinking water. Dosimeters should have recorded at least 4000 REM. NASA records that the dosimeters read 2 REM. Where did they fly?

how is it, you are "calling me out" and you don't know the first thing about radiation poisoning? Or any of the Apollo mission history? Apollo missions flew during solar maximum, while NASA claimed that they "got lucky" and never encountered any particle storm activity... that was the only way NASA could explain none of the Apollo missions recording any radiation on their dosimeters. IOW, they couldn't explain it, so they lied. 1/7th of one REM isn't even enough to to explain low earth orbit, it is about what you would expect from a high altitude cargo drop from a helicopter... like they did for their training exercises.

There is radiation is space ... from solar flares. The radiation belts have stagnate high energy particles in them that get trapped in the earth's magnetosphere when particle storms from solar flares pass through. If you fly through the radiation belts at 25,000 mph, you should encounter enough collisions with high energy particles (that's what they are called, it is still a debate whether they are, in fact, particles) to encounter radiation poisoning. If the biggest particle storm of the century passed through just two weeks prior to your mission, you are probably dead just passing through the radiation belts. 500-600 REM is lethal. When the Soviets put a dog into space, it died in the radiation belts, at the beginning of the mission.

Puzzling Evidence

The Apollo missions all supposedly flew equatorial orbits and released to the moon straight through the heart of the radiation belts. When the alpha particles strike metal they turn into x-ray poisoning, that's what the radiation threat was, in the radiation belts.
The astronauts on the ISS do not regularly spend time inside the belts, but from time to time solar storms expand the belts to the orbit of the space station. In the 1960s, several Apollo crews went through the Van Allen belts on their way to and from the moon. Their time in that radiation-intensive region, however, was very short, in part because the trajectory was designed to pass through the thinnest known parts. With more study, astronauts can be better protected for long-term stays in Earth orbit.

https://www.space.com/33948-van-allen-radiation-belts.html

Most of the radiation was either blocked from entry or absorbed.

Last edited:

Days

Commentator
I imagine they built it to rehears operations which makes sense as we even do that for weddings.

Why isn't there any video?

Every once in a while you could do your OWN research and not simply accept what you are willing to buy into.

Oh, look! Here's another!

It's like you can't sling a dead cat without hitting this footage that you claimed was unavailable.

What were you doing for those ten years that you presumably were studying NASA moon landings?

Next time, make sure you know that something s unavailable - the Internet is a pretty large resource.
It is quite a challenge posting with you. If I don't spell out the meaning of everything, you go off into some crazy understanding. Have you no idea whatsoever what a "training video" is? Have you never seen a training video for anything in your life?

The internet is rich with training videos, I've watched several for World War 2 fighter pilots... but just try to find one for the Apollo astronauts. And No, your outtakes are not training videos.

Days

Commentator
The astronauts on the ISS do not regularly spend time inside the belts, but from time to time solar storms expand the belts to the orbit of the space station. In the 1960s, several Apollo crews went through the Van Allen belts on their way to and from the moon. Their time in that radiation-intensive region, however, was very short, in part because the trajectory was designed to pass through the thinnest known parts. With more study, astronauts can be better protected for long-term stays in Earth orbit.

https://www.space.com/33948-van-allen-radiation-belts.html
You have no intentions of answering any of my points, do you?

The radiation belts were the least of the radiation threats facing the Apollo missions, but they would have accumulated at least 75 REM each time through. The solar flares would have done more damage. But the point was, none of the Apollo missions recorded any radiation encountered, they all came back with under one REM for the entire mission, all except Apollo 14, they came back with 2 REM.

Did you know there was a minor solar flare during the first walk on the moon?

Do you know what a solar flare is?

Puzzling Evidence

It is quite a challenge posting with you. If I don't spell out the meaning of everything, you go off into some crazy understanding. Have you no idea whatsoever what a "training video" is? Have you never seen a training video for anything in your life?

The internet is rich with training videos, I've watched several for World War 2 fighter pilots... but just try to find one for the Apollo astronauts. And No, your outtakes are not training videos.
You are a liar. I posted training videos. If your head wasn't shoved up your ass, you would have noticed Five of them. Did you notice the cable that lowered the craft? The man WITHOUT a helmet? How were these not training videos? That's just stupid. I am losing my patience with your inane, uneducated arguments.

Last edited:

Puzzling Evidence

You have no intentions of answering any of my points, do you?

The radiation belts were the least of the radiation threats facing the Apollo missions, but they would have accumulated at least 75 REM each time through. The solar flares would have done more damage. But the point was, none of the Apollo missions recorded any radiation encountered, they all came back with under one REM for the entire mission, all except Apollo 14, they came back with 2 REM.

Did you know there was a minor solar flare during the first walk on the moon?

Do you know what a solar flare is?
Do you know what being amicable to the truth is?

No, you don't. I just won the Internet.

Hurray for me!!!

Puzzling Evidence

Did you seriously not even look at the post where I provided five actual moon landing training videos?

Are you disabled in some way? I do not wish to argue with a disabled person.