• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Ryan Gosling says moon landing was "human achievement",not an american one

Puzzling Evidence

Free range human living on a tax farm.
The Apollo missions all supposedly flew equatorial orbits and released to the moon straight through the heart of the radiation belts. When the alpha particles strike metal they turn into x-ray poisoning, that's what the radiation threat was, in the radiation belts.

see this post for a better understanding of radiation in space...
One more time since you are obviously stoned right now:

Days

Commentator
The astronauts on the ISS do not regularly spend time inside the belts, but from time to time solar storms expand the belts to the orbit of the space station. In the 1960s, several Apollo crews went through the Van Allen belts on their way to and from the moon. Their time in that radiation-intensive region, however, was very short, in part because the trajectory was designed to pass through the thinnest known parts. With more study, astronauts can be better protected for long-term stays in Earth orbit.

https://www.space.com/33948-van-allen-radiation-belts.html

Most of the radiation was either blocked from entry or absorbed.

The 3 inch aluminum skin of the Apollo capsules would have only acted to make the radiation lethal, aluminum does not "block" radiation. That's why the dosimeters on the men's suits and the dosimeters on the outside of the capsules all recorded the same REM.

The Apollo missions had dosimeters on the outside of the capsule. Why didn't those dosimeters record any radiation? Explain that. Are you saying Apollo 11 encountered only 1/7th of one REM the entire mission?

I noticed you did a great job of dodging every last question I asked you. but you fill up the page with nonsense posts.

disinformation

Puzzling Evidence

where's your Apollo mission savvy? Where's your essays, your illumination, your brilliance? All you got is internet debunkers.

posting fail
No, unlike you, I have ascertained critical thinking skills. You offer nothing but snark, put-downs and tired-ass-long-debunked-nutter-isms.

I have no clue what you are asking me.....why am I providing links, articles, illustrations and content to support the truth? Because I don't believe in unicorns; an event either happened or it didn't.

Puzzling Evidence

The 3 inch aluminum skin of the Apollo capsules would have only acted to make the radiation lethal, aluminum does not "block" radiation. That's why the dosimeters on the men's suits and the dosimeters on the outside of the capsules all recorded the same REM.

The Apollo missions had dosimeters on the outside of the capsule. Why didn't those dosimeters record any radiation? Explain that. Are you saying Apollo 11 encountered only 1/7th of one REM the entire mission?

I noticed you did a great job of dodging every last question I asked you. but you fill up the page with nonsense posts.

disinformation
I have not "dodged" a single one of your inane, sophomoric attempts to reinvent what happened here. Seriously, I would not be busting your balls if you offered any kind of respectful rebuttal to my facts that you scoff at only because you are completely ignorant about
this subject.

You are wrong again. Please post where any of the heat shields on the Apollo missions were made from 100% aluminum. You demonstrate once again your complete disregard for factual information.

This is a 3-D map of the Apollo 11 Comand module.

https://3d.si.edu/apollo11cm/

Very fun, take a look at your elaborate "hoax."

Now, here is the 3-D exterior,

https://3d.si.edu/apollo11cm/boxes/play-cm-2016-09-26/cm-exterior.html

Ablative Material: Thermal Protection
Ablative material, designed to remove the heat of reentry, is inserted into each one of the hexagonal honeycomb sections.

The material, a glass and quartz reinforced epoxy material, contains “phenolic” micro balloons to facilitate application and reduce density.

At launch, the heat shield has several outer coverings: a pore seal, a white, reflective moisture barrier, and a silver Mylar thermal coating.

Under the combined influence of aerodynamic heating and pressure, the outer layers and a portion of the ablative material gradually oxidizes and vaporizes, removing heat in the process.

All this information is incorrect according to 'Days' though, as he has studied this subject for ten years. Why he has no clue what the hull of the command module was made of is anyone's guess.

Last edited:

Puzzling Evidence

The temperature on the CM's surface climbed up to 5,000 degrees Fahrenheit, but the heat shields protected the inner structure of the CM. The heat shield was ablative, which means that it was designed to melt and erode away from the CM as it heated up. From the ground, it would look as if the CM had caught on fire during its descent. In reality, the ablative covering is what kept the astronauts inside the CM safe -- the material diverted heat away as it vaporized.

The atmosphere acted like a braking system on the spacecraft. To further slow the CM's descent, the spacecraft used mortar-deployed parachutes. The Apollo spacecraft had three large parachutes and could safely land with only two deployed. Eventually, the CM splashed down into the Pacific Ocean. The top of the CM housed several balloons and air compressors. If the CM landed upside down in the ocean, the astronauts could activate the balloons in an attempt to turn the spacecraft upright.

Once safe in the ocean, the spacecraft's ventilation system allowed fresh air into the capsule. The astronauts used VHF recovery beacon and radios to guide a recovery ship to the spacecraft's location. A ship recovered the crew and capsule.

The information gathered by the astronauts during the Apollo missions has become invaluable to NASA and scientific knowledge in general. In the future, NASA hopes not only to return to the moon, but also build a lunar station where people can study the moon during extensive stays.

Puzzling Evidence

NASA Spacecraft Images Offer Sharper Views of Apollo Landing Sites

Media briefing materials associated with this story can be found here.

NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) captured the sharpest images ever taken from space of the Apollo 12, 14 and 17 landing sites. Images show the twists and turns of the paths made when the astronauts explored the lunar surface.

Show only LeftShow only Right

This interactive shows two LRO images of the Apollo 12 landing site. Click and drag on the white slider bar to wipe from one to the other. The left image was released today; the right image is a zoom-in on an LRO image released in 2009. LRO was moved into a lower orbit to capture the new image. The images do not line up perfectly because of differences in lighting conditions, angle of the LRO Camera, and other variables. Image brightness and contrast have been altered to highlight surface details. (Credit: NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center/ASU)

At each site, trails also run to the west of the landers, where the astronauts placed the Apollo Lunar Surface Experiments Package (ALSEP) to monitor the moon's environment and interior.

This equipment was a key part of every Apollo mission. It provided the first insights into the moon's internal structure, measurements of the lunar surface pressure and the composition of its atmosphere. Apollo 11 carried a simpler version of the science package.

One of the details that shows up is a bright L-shape in the Apollo 12 image. It marks the locations of cables running from ALSEP's central station to two of its instruments. Although the cables are much too small for direct viewing, they show up because they reflect light very well.

The higher resolution of these images is possible because of adjustments made to LRO's orbit, which is slightly oval-shaped or elliptical. "Without changing the average altitude, we made the orbit more elliptical, so the lowest part of the orbit is on the sunlit side of the moon," said Goddard's John Keller, deputy LRO project scientist. "This put LRO in a perfect position to take these new pictures of the surface."

The maneuver lowered LRO from its usual altitude of approximately 31 miles (50 kilometers) to an altitude that dipped as low as nearly 13 miles (21 kilometers) as it passed over the moon's surface. The spacecraft has remained in this orbit for 28 days, long enough for the moon to completely rotate. This allows full coverage of the surface by LROC's Wide Angle Camera. The cycle ends today when the spacecraft will be returned to its 31-mile orbit.

The paths left by astronauts Alan Shepard and Edgar Mitchell on both Apollo 14 moon walks are visible in this image. (At the end of the second moon walk, Shepard famously hit two golf balls.) The descent stage of the lunar module Antares is also visible. (Credit: NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center/ASU)
› Larger image | unlabeled version

"These images remind us of our fantastic Apollo history and beckon us to continue to move forward in exploration of our solar system," said Jim Green, director of the Planetary Science Division at NASA Headquarters in Washington.

LRO was built and managed by Goddard. Initial research was funded by the Exploration Systems Mission Directorate at NASA Headquarters. In September 2010, after a one-year successful exploration mission, the mission turned its attention from exploration objectives to scientific research in NASA's Science Mission Directorate.

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/news/apollo-sites.html

Last edited:

EatTheRich

President

disinformation
Lead does. You understand that sunlight is radiation and that we are constantly being irradiated right here on Earth, right?

Puzzling Evidence

No satellites in space.

I do not believe that the world is flat and know nothing of a giant turtle.
Really? So you can get a cell phone signal straight through the molten lava and condensed metal at the center of the earth? Can you call someone on the other side of the planet???

I can't even get service in a parking garage....

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Wow, how far do I have to break it down for you? NASA built a full studio to make films and they made films, no one disputes that... but they never made a training film, so what did they make? Where are the films that they made?

Wow, I guess this is the kind of understanding one gets from watching debunkers on YouTube, eh?

Let's start with sun. The sun has flares, they are solar magnetic storms, nuclear fusion chain reaction explosions... happens constantly, sometimes it is referred to as the Sun's weather. Extremely big flares, coronal mass ejections, will kick massive amounts of material out from the Sun's surface, and then suck it right back, but all flares are explosions of light, and they kick out radiation that, when absorbed by human skin, becomes radiation poisoning. The magnetosphere of the earth and then the atmosphere of the earth shield us from that radiation poisoning. If you travel beyond the atmosphere and the magnetosphere, the solar flares will pose a threat of radiation poisoning.

In the Apollo missions, had they flown beyond the magnetosphere, the radiation striking the aluminum skin would have created x-ray poisoning. That poisoning would have affected the men and their drinking water, which would have doubled or tripled the dose of poisoning recorded on their dosimeters. But 1/7th of one REM is nothing, Apollo 11 did not record any radiation poisoning for their entire mission. NASA covered for that by saying there was no radiatiion poisoning in space. Sun studies have proven that to be a great big lie, so let's return to their missions and ask again; where did they fly? How did they fly through both radiation belts, twice, and walk on the moon during a minor solar flare and not record any radiation at all? Apollo 14 supposedly flew a two week mission, just two weeks after the biggest particle storm of the century, which would have left the magnetosphere buzzing with high energy particles. During their supposed time beyond the magnetosphere, Apollo 14 endured 5 major flares and 4 minor flares. Apollo 14 mission radiation would have killed the crew 5-10 times over, easily, if you figure in the drinking water. Dosimeters should have recorded at least 4000 REM. NASA records that the dosimeters read 2 REM. Where did they fly?

how is it, you are "calling me out" and you don't know the first thing about radiation poisoning? Or any of the Apollo mission history? Apollo missions flew during solar maximum, while NASA claimed that they "got lucky" and never encountered any particle storm activity... that was the only way NASA could explain none of the Apollo missions recording any radiation on their dosimeters. IOW, they couldn't explain it, so they lied. 1/7th of one REM isn't even enough to to explain low earth orbit, it is about what you would expect from a high altitude cargo drop from a helicopter... like they did for their training exercises.

There is radiation is space ... from solar flares. The radiation belts have stagnate high energy particles in them that get trapped in the earth's magnetosphere when particle storms from solar flares pass through. If you fly through the radiation belts at 25,000 mph, you should encounter enough collisions with high energy particles (that's what they are called, it is still a debate whether they are, in fact, particles) to encounter radiation poisoning. If the biggest particle storm of the century passed through just two weeks prior to your mission, you are probably dead just passing through the radiation belts. 500-600 REM is lethal. When the Soviets put a dog into space, it died in the radiation belts, at the beginning of the mission.
Damn, Days, you must be schizophrenic. You are so brilliant on so many levels (and I have such great respect for that) but then when we get to the whacko world of conspiracy theories (9/11/ moon landing/ holocaust deniers) you break out the tin foil hats.
I can't follow you down this rabbit hole so I just have to stay out of the discussion.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
NASA Spacecraft Images Offer Sharper Views of Apollo Landing Sites

Media briefing materials associated with this story can be found here.

NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) captured the sharpest images ever taken from space of the Apollo 12, 14 and 17 landing sites. Images show the twists and turns of the paths made when the astronauts explored the lunar surface.

Show only LeftShow only Right

This interactive shows two LRO images of the Apollo 12 landing site. Click and drag on the white slider bar to wipe from one to the other. The left image was released today; the right image is a zoom-in on an LRO image released in 2009. LRO was moved into a lower orbit to capture the new image. The images do not line up perfectly because of differences in lighting conditions, angle of the LRO Camera, and other variables. Image brightness and contrast have been altered to highlight surface details. (Credit: NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center/ASU)

At each site, trails also run to the west of the landers, where the astronauts placed the Apollo Lunar Surface Experiments Package (ALSEP) to monitor the moon's environment and interior.

This equipment was a key part of every Apollo mission. It provided the first insights into the moon's internal structure, measurements of the lunar surface pressure and the composition of its atmosphere. Apollo 11 carried a simpler version of the science package.

One of the details that shows up is a bright L-shape in the Apollo 12 image. It marks the locations of cables running from ALSEP's central station to two of its instruments. Although the cables are much too small for direct viewing, they show up because they reflect light very well.

The higher resolution of these images is possible because of adjustments made to LRO's orbit, which is slightly oval-shaped or elliptical. "Without changing the average altitude, we made the orbit more elliptical, so the lowest part of the orbit is on the sunlit side of the moon," said Goddard's John Keller, deputy LRO project scientist. "This put LRO in a perfect position to take these new pictures of the surface."

The maneuver lowered LRO from its usual altitude of approximately 31 miles (50 kilometers) to an altitude that dipped as low as nearly 13 miles (21 kilometers) as it passed over the moon's surface. The spacecraft has remained in this orbit for 28 days, long enough for the moon to completely rotate. This allows full coverage of the surface by LROC's Wide Angle Camera. The cycle ends today when the spacecraft will be returned to its 31-mile orbit.

The paths left by astronauts Alan Shepard and Edgar Mitchell on both Apollo 14 moon walks are visible in this image. (At the end of the second moon walk, Shepard famously hit two golf balls.) The descent stage of the lunar module Antares is also visible. (Credit: NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center/ASU)
› Larger image | unlabeled version

"These images remind us of our fantastic Apollo history and beckon us to continue to move forward in exploration of our solar system," said Jim Green, director of the Planetary Science Division at NASA Headquarters in Washington.

LRO was built and managed by Goddard. Initial research was funded by the Exploration Systems Mission Directorate at NASA Headquarters. In September 2010, after a one-year successful exploration mission, the mission turned its attention from exploration objectives to scientific research in NASA's Science Mission Directorate.

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/news/apollo-sites.html
That's good stuff there.

Days

Commentator
Damn, Days, you must be schizophrenic. You are so brilliant on so many levels (and I have such great respect for that) but then when we get to the whacko world of conspiracy theories (9/11/ moon landing/ holocaust deniers) you break out the tin foil hats.
I can't follow you down this rabbit hole so I just have to stay out of the discussion.
Start with the battleship Maine, do you "remember the Maine"? And it goes further back. America has always run false flags, it is our entire history. When we want a war, we manufacture an excuse to get it.

But it really ramped up with operation paperclip. We brought all those nazis over and for what purpose? propaganda and false flags. The CIA was formed just to do that... we didn't need the CIA in the war, we had the Naval intelligence and they ran the war, (WWII) but we formed this 2nd central intelligence agency to go to the next level of propaganda. We sowed the evil... now look what we are reaping.

I'm fascinated by false flags because they present an opportunity to collate logistics and prove out science. I hate the politics, and that's their whole purpose. Doesn't matter which party was in power, they all used the CIA, they all ran false flags, fake news, and fought proxy wars. Now the CIA is fighting a propaganda war with the president, so the monster has turned on us.

We need to reckon with this monster. It uses mind control, it does all kinds of nasty stuff. Winston is opening my eyes too, he points out how the deep state is in total control, they run the government. He's right, they do. Look at Chavets and Gowdy, they stood up to it and now both are not running for seats they easily control. Trump is the last man standing. I honestly believe they leave Trump in power to fix the nation's trade deficit, which they perceive the nation as belonging to them, so Trump is an enemy that is doing them a favor.

The deep state worships the devil, they are all globalists, they will raise up the anti-Christ to power, and they will form his power base. The Beast worships a god of forces (munitions) - meaning he builds the most powerful armies on earth. Since the time is nearly at hand, that must include the US Navy that Trump is building up. So Trump is building it for the nation state, but the deep state intends to use it to worship the Beast (globalism). So they leave Trump in power.

Days

Commentator
That's good stuff there.
It is good stuff. The mapping mission was a success. But they lied about bringing cameras that would zoom in on the Apollo sites... obviously.

The mapping mission was supposed to set up for the manned return to the moon. Instead we cancelled the much vaunted return. Why did we cancel? Because we couldn't figure out shielding for the radiation. At least, that was the easy out. The truth is, there was a lot more problems with the mission, but you label logistical problems "conspiracy theory" and refuse to look at it. You want to be left alone with your fairy tale world where we are the masters of space.

Truth is, space is all about satellites. Clark orbit is the biggest achievement of space and it has changed the world.