• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Sad News - Sandy from Texas and I became close 'online' friends -

not necessarily politically but as women - she disappeared quite a while back - no contact at all, so ages ago I asked a facebook friend of hers who seemed to know her in life and today got the sad reply.

Sandy from Texas died in April last year ---------- Oh her darling dogs must have been devastated - silly eh? We talked a lot about dogs and she adored her young one - so daft but I can't stop crying -

Damn.

What happened to her?
I remember her though I can't say I knew her well.
She was a Lefty Jen:) I knew that she had had a stroke before she and I became friends - and then before she disappeared she became very spiritual ( not Christian) and left forum life, she was looking for peace - I don't know how she died, maybe I shall find out, I don't know -------------- we can't suddenly, from online, out of the blue, intrude in people's real lives and grief can we?

But her dogs, I can't tell you how close she was to them ------------- I still have photos of them somewhere - we never sent each other photos of our children or of us or men folk just of our darling dogs :)

Jen

Senator
She was a Lefty Jen:) I knew that she had had a stroke before she and I became friends - and then before she disappeared she became very spiritual ( not Christian) and left forum life, she was looking for peace - I don't know how she died, maybe I shall find out, I don't know -------------- we can't suddenly, from online, out of the blue, intrude in people's real lives and grief can we?

But her dogs, I can't tell you how close she was to them ------------- I still have photos of them somewhere - we never sent each other photos of our children or of us or men folk just of our darling dogs :)
I know she was a Lefty.
I do remember that part. ;)
No........... we can't intrude ......... I wouldn't expect that.

I know she was a Lefty.
I do remember that part. ;)
No........... we can't intrude ......... I wouldn't expect that.
I know you wouldn't, silly, I was just saying I don't know if I shall be able to find out but will if poss - I should imagine it was another stroke - she would have been 68.

They had horses too -

I know you know she was Lefty so in the usual scheme of things - wouldn't know her well - I didn't do much politics with her myself - so have no real idea of what sort of a poster she was :) but we e mailed a lot and spoke of many things - such different lives we led but had much in common.

Oh pooh -

Last edited:

Jen

Senator
I know you wouldn't, silly, I was just saying I don't know if I shall be able to find out but will if poss - I should imagine it was another stroke - she would have been 68.

They had horses too -

I know you know she was Lefty so in the usual scheme of things - wouldn't know her well - I didn't do much politics with her myself - so have no real idea of what sort of a poster she was :) but we e mailed a lot and spoke of many things - such different lives we lead but had much in common.

Oh pooh -
We feel the grief even if we have never met the person face to face. I do understand that and I am sorry for your loss, Queenie. That loss shouldn't be diminished in any way. It's real.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
not necessarily politically but as women - she disappeared quite a while back - no contact at all, so ages ago I asked a facebook friend of hers who seemed to know her in life and today got the sad reply.

Sandy from Texas died in April last year ---------- Oh her darling dogs must have been devastated - silly eh? We talked a lot about dogs and she adored her young one - so daft but I can't stop crying -

Damn.
She posted on Kausfiles, as Southern Gal. Lived in Caldwell, TX, between Austin and Houston. She had a daughter named Wendy, and two boys, if I recall correctly.
I wrote a poem for her:

Poem for a Southern Girl
Sweet Face seen only in a photograph
once known, once loved, I dare pretend
that makes my heart both laugh and cry
and casts my dreams upon the wind
Recalling days and loves now gone
a windborne dream the truth belies
while yet I wait in solitude
and love you only with my eyes

Yes, I was sweet on her.

She posted on Kausfiles, as Southern Gal. Lived in Caldwell, TX, between Austin and Houston. She had a daughter named Wendy, and two boys, if I recall correctly.
I wrote a poem for her:

Poem for a Southern Girl

Yes, I was sweet on her.
I am not surprised :) I 'talked' a little today to two members of her family - so warm - they miss her terribly - I think she had one son, oh it may have been two, and a daughter - she had land didn't she? And horses and dogs, two dogs in particular she adored, of one she said she hadn't know it was possible to love a dog so much xxx

Last edited:

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I am not surprised :) I 'talked' a little today to two members of her family - so warm - they miss her terribly - I think she had one son and a daughter - she had land didn't she? And horses and dogs, two dogs in particular she adored, of one she said she hadn't know it was possible to love a dog so much xxx
Her daughter was either a rodeo rider of some kind, or a horse show rider. I don't know all the details but, yes, Sandy had horses. I'm not sure about her dogs, how many or what kind.

Her daughter was either a rodeo rider of some kind, or a horse show rider. I don't know all the details but, yes, Sandy had horses. I'm not sure about her dogs, how many or what kind.
I should imagine it was horse shows - I remember before she and I became very good friends that she was very upset by the death of a horse they had had for 25 years. 25 years is unlikely to have been rodeo I should think and she loved her animals - I don't think rodeo is too kind on them is it? I vaguely remember her saying something about horse shows -

One of her dogs was a Bull Dog and the other, her baby, looked part black Lab --- I'll look out the e mails I still have and try to find the photos of them - Oh she did love her 'baby' -
The details don't matter Jack, I wasn't playing detective :) - some things I must have known but have forgotten --- It is strange losing a friend of a relationship which was just by correspondence but as with the loss of anyone we have felt close too one wants share it with others who loved them too :)

Often on here, and I think some of you have experienced it, one realises that outside politics and this 'set up' many of us would truly like each other as 'depoliticized' people - more so from the Fray days but even so - I've not had a great desire to leave England over the last few years but I have, just sometimes, wished that America wasn't quite so far away - Sandy was one of those I would love to have met in person. Ah well - our strange old relationships on here - extraordinary experience eh Jack?

On the other hand - I know that people who were fond of Sandy will have read this - but they won't comment because I, who is simply the bearer of this sad new, have fallen out of their favour - daft eh? And ungenerous.

Last edited:

MaryAnne

Governor
I wrote a poem for her:

Poem for a Southern Girl

Yes, I was sweet on her.
You are right,Jack. And,I know you were.:)She lived on a farm and was a long time poster.

She did have a stroke, and was a friend to all of us. Right or left.

Really sorry to hear this. There is another poster named Irish I have tried to contact. She had 3 boys.

Rest in peace,Sandy. I will always remember our long time emails.

LeilaniMP

Empress

Damn.
That's so sad! I'm sorry to hear of her passing.

I remember Sandy.

We communicated briefly in here, when we all migrated to pj. She was very kind, actually.

May she rest in peace.

MaryAnne

Governor
I wrote a poem for her:

Poem for a Southern Girl

Yes, I was sweet on her.
And,that friends is the difference in political disagreements and our real lives.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
And,that friends is the difference in political disagreements and our real lives.
Do you remember the Dave Coffee show we had on Kausfiles? It was like a radio program and posters called in by posting. It was fast and furious.
I was flirting with Sandy, one night, and told her I was going to write her a poem and post it the next day. She thought I was bullshitting her but I wasn't. I wrote that poem that night and posted it to her the next day.
Sandy was a sweetheart despite her Liberal dementia.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I should imagine it was horse shows - I remember before she and I became very good friends that she was very upset by the death of a horse they had had for 25 years. 25 years is unlikely to have been rodeo I should think and she loved her animals - I don't think rodeo is too kind on them is it? I vaguely remember her saying something about horse shows -

One of her dogs was a Bull Dog and the other, her baby, looked part black Lab --- I'll look out the e mails I still have and try to find the photos of them - Oh she did love her 'baby' -
The details don't matter Jack, I wasn't playing detective :) - some things I must have known but have forgotten --- It is strange losing a friend of a relationship which was just by correspondence but as with the loss of anyone we have felt close too one wants share it with others who loved them too :)

Often on here, and I think some of you have experienced it, one realises that outside politics and this 'set up' many of us would truly like each other as 'depoliticized' people - more so from the Fray days but even so - I've not had a great desire to leave England over the last few years but I have, just sometimes, wished that America wasn't quite so far away - Sandy was one of those I would love to have met in person. Ah well - our strange old relationships on here - extraordinary experience eh Jack?

On the other hand - I know that people who were fond of Sandy will have read this - but they won't comment because I, who is simply the bearer of this sad new, have fallen out of their favour - daft eh? And ungenerous.
I have met 5 or 6 posters from the Fray. All but one (Night Owl) were from the bad side of the political aisle. There was no raising of voices, gunfire, or fisticuffs, in any of those meetings.

MaryAnne

Governor
Do you remember the Dave Coffee show we had on Kausfiles? It was like a radio program and posters called in by posting. It was fast and furious.
I was flirting with Sandy, one night, and told her I was going to write her a poem and post it the next day. She thought I was bullshitting her but I wasn't. I wrote that poem that night and posted it to her the next day.
Sandy was a sweetheart despite her Liberal dementia.
I sure do.:)

Also remember changing my nic and scared you and Loree to death. You could do that is those days.

Cat had her Tammy Faye commercials. Loree was Rev. Billy Bob.

Dave was Pheonix. I think I still have his email.

I guess I have that dementia,too. But my long term memory is great.

Thank you Queenie. Sandy was an internet friend to many of us.
Sorry to have to do so - I think we knew in our hearts didn't we?

I am so grateful to her family for letting us know - I asked a while back but who would look on Sandy's fb page 2 years later? As soon as they saw my question they got in touch - so generous to someone they don't know.