• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Sad News - Sandy from Texas and I became close 'online' friends -

MaryAnne

Governor
I have met 5 or 6 posters from the Fray. All but one (Night Owl) were from the bad side of the political aisle. There was no raising of voices, gunfire, or fisticuffs, in any of those meetings.
Night passed. Maybe it was you that told me.

Night helped me recuperate from a broken wrist. He broke his hip falling over a lawn mower.

MaryAnne

Governor
Sorry to have to do so - I think we knew in our hearts didn't we?

I am so grateful to her family for letting us know - I asked a while back but who would look on Sandy's fb page 2 years later? As soon as they saw my question they got in touch - so generous to someone they don't know.
I knew she was not in good health and did not answer emails. I appreciate you letting us know.

You found out about Joe Anderson,too. He dearly loved his daughter and grand babies but was separated from them at the last. I remember his pride in her when she was a teenager.

BtW, Shirley is now confined to a wheel chair. Her husband,Ralph passed.

I hope things are going well with you. I know we have disagreements, but families do,too.:)

Days

Commentator
2015 - so 2 years ago not last year - she would have been 67.
Last I heard from Sandy was when I top posted a funny to her during Hurricane Sandy, she popped in to laugh at that. Catnapping and Sandy were inseparable. They built Kausville together, a msn group where a decent sized group of fraysters posted while in exile (IP banned) from the fray. Sandy was a prolific poster and always fun, a free spirit, and a good friend to have posting. She did Haiku poetry... she was very good at it, she had a blog with all her poems. Let me look for that... yep, it's still up:

http://heavenly-haiku.blogspot.com/

MaryAnne

Governor
Last I heard from Sandy was when I top posted a funny to her during Hurricane Sandy, she popped in to laugh at that. Catnapping and Sandy were inseparable. They built Kausville together, a msn group where a decent sized group of fraysters posted while in exile (IP banned) from the fray. Sandy was a prolific poster and always fun, a free spirit, and a good friend to have posting. She did Haiku poetry... she was very good at it, she had a blog with all her poems. Let me look for that... yep, it's still up:

None of us were banned,Days. Kausfiles Special was created by Mickey Kaus because his regulars were pushed off when he posted an article.

There was no article asscociated with with KFS. I was a newbie to the computer in 2000. Both Cat and Loreed helped me learn the basics.

But you are right about Sandy. Matter of fact Loree has a site still up. They all loved the Poetry board.

http://www.poetrybyloree.com

I knew she was not in good health and did not answer emails. I appreciate you letting us know.

You found out about Joe Anderson,too. He dearly loved his daughter and grand babies but was separated from them at the last. I remember his pride in her when she was a teenager.

BtW, Shirley is now confined to a wheel chair. Her husband,Ralph passed.

I hope things are going well with you. I know we have disagreements, but families do,too.:)
I don't remember her saying anything about her health other than how the massive stroke, from which she was fully recovered, had frightened her - or rather the knowledge that it could happen again did.

Yes Wulk - dear thing. Well I was never a fan of fb but I am so pleased for it now because we can reach out beyond the forum and into real life through it - I only found out about Wulk and Sandy through their real life people on fb.

Oh I am sorry - you are very fond of her aren't you?

I am struggling with law this year, not that it is hard, sadly and frustratingly much of the work I would really enjoy, but have found time a prob because my house decided to misbehave and I had rivers running down the stairs, floors disappearing under me - and builders for ages - with luck and a lot of grit the second half of the year shall run smother, on that front - My niece is pregnant, a boy, which will be fun and my large family, who have had little contact since childhood keep having get togethers - so life is ok. I hope you are well MaryAnne - that you are enjoying it and have found a nice Church community.

Ah well MA we don't have to talk to each outside this thread ;) xxx

Ohhh thank you, she was creative and knew much about nature and natural healing - I hear she was an amazing cook too :)

xxx

MaryAnne

Governor
Yes, ,Queenie, Sandy was very much into natural cures.so was Wulk. I learned a great deal from both of them. Lots of memories there.

I am sorry you had so many water problems. That is awful to live through.

What caused the flooding? I once had a big restoration from an improperly installed dishwasher. Flooded my big rec room.

This year I had a water valve installed that I can flip off with my finger. Getting some new faucets,had it all done, cheaper that way..

Good luck with both house and books. I feel for you.

We posted on Gramps site,hoping his grand daughter would see it,let us know about him.

He had asked if it was OK if his daughter notified us if anything happened.

Yes, ,Queenie, Sandy was very much into natural cures.so was Wulk. I learned a great deal from both of them. Lots of memories there.

I am sorry you had so many water problems. That is awful to live through.

What caused the flooding? I once had a big restoration from an improperly installed dishwasher. Flooded my big rec room.

This year I had a water valve installed that I can flip off with my finger. Getting some new faucets,had it all done, cheaper that way..

Good luck with both house and books. I feel for you.

We posted on Gramps site,hoping his grand daughter would see it,let us know about him.

He had asked if it was OK if his daughter notified us if anything happened.

Yes they both were weren't they, I think Sandy was closer to nature itself though but from what I gather Wulk had beautiful country around him too.

Oh the ancient cold water tank in the loft 'exploded', well not really but might as well have done, it seems this cottage was built in the late 1920's though no one is sure and the tank was as old as the house, I think - Couldn't turn the mains water off, the tap stuck, so had men digging up the road in the middle of the night - turned off 4 houses water supply, I wasn't very popular lol - flooded for 4-5 hours through the library and the kitchen + the bathroom floor gave way with me on it - electricity conked! Lol - not funny - but I had the most wonderful builders repair it all, a family business, father and sons - awful having the house invaded but they were super and in and out in a week --- they liked me, so the plaster said 'its a love job, he wants it done quickly for you' ahhhh I liked them too :) I was lucky - But the house is still a mess, books piled everywhere - went straight into Christmas then, in London with Tish and haven't really got much straight since -

I am sorry you had water probs too, well done for getting an easy system installed, mine is all fixed now too. So if nothing else we shall stay dry this winter eh MA?

I am glad you will have contact with Gramps family - you were/are good mates xxx

MaryAnne

Governor

None of us were banned,Days. Kausfiles Special was created by Mickey Kaus because his regulars were pushed off when he posted an article.

There was no article asscociated with with KFS. I was a newbie to the computer in 2000. Both Cat and Loree helped me learn the basics.

But you are right about Sandy. Matter of fact Loree has a Poetry site that is still up.

MaryAnne

Governor
Yes they both were weren't they, I think Sandy was closer to nature itself though but from what I gather Wulk had beautiful country around him too.

Oh the ancient cold water tank in the loft 'exploded', well not really but might as well have done, it seems this cottage was built in the late 1920's though no one is sure and the tank was as old as the house, I think - Couldn't turn the mains water off, the tap stuck, so had men digging up the road in the middle of the night - turned off 4 houses water supply, I wasn't very popular lol - flooded for 4-5 hours through the library and the kitchen + the bathroom floor gave way with me on it - electricity conked! Lol - not funny - but I had the most wonderful builders repair it all, a family business, father and sons - awful having the house invaded but they were super and in and out in a week --- they liked me, so the plaster said 'its a love job, he wants it done quickly for you' ahhhh I liked them too :) I was lucky - But the house is still a mess, books piled everywhere - went straight into Christmas then, in London with Tish and haven't really got much straight since -

I am sorry you had water probs too, well done for getting an easy system installed, mine is all fixed now too. So if nothing else we shall stay dry this winter eh MA?

I am glad you will have contact with Gramps family - you were/are good mates xxx
Thank goodness for that! But sure was not your fault. I thought mine were bad, but nothing compared to you.

Plumbers were amazed my water heater lasted from 1983. Yours lasted almost 100 years.

BTW,I posted about Sandy. I know she had many friends from here.

Friday especially. Really appreciate you letting us know. 17 years for us is a long time. And congratulations on the new baby. What a joy they are.

My nephew and his wife are expecting,but we are not close any more.

Thank goodness for that! But sure was not your fault. I thought mine were bad, but nothing compared to you.

Plumbers were amazed my water heater lasted from 1983. Yours lasted almost 100 years.

BTW,I posted about Sandy. I know she had many friends from here.

Friday especially. Really appreciate you letting us know. 17 years for us is a long time. And congratulations on the new baby. What a joy they are.

My nephew and his wife are expecting,but we are not close any more.
Lol I know - this funny old house - the Daddy builder said if ever I wanted to sell he would buy it 'cos it is sound, they used to build them well, it just needs a bit of a face lift - I don't believe in cosmetic surgery myself so - let it be :)

The first, emergency plumber, who came here was a woman, a fire fighter to boot, she was great - a life saver.

But yes it was all rather traumatic -

Good you posted about Sandy - many of her old friends no longer post here and of course they should know xxx

The baby boy will be fun, knitting needles are a clicking all over the place - Oh sorry you won't be able to enjoy your new addition easily - it is difficult when we live away from our loved ones xxx

Days

Commentator

There was no article asscociated with with KFS. I was a newbie to the computer in 2000. Both Cat and Loree helped me learn the basics.

But you are right about Sandy. Matter of fact Loree has a Poetry site that is still up.
Oh bother, MA... not KFS on the fray.

Catnapping was IP banned by Kevinarno, for no apparent reason. So she built the msn group and named it Kausville... Sandy worked on it with her. Sandy was administrator with Catnapping, the site was taken down, so I can't Link it.

Then when Adam went on a rampage during an early babysit, a bunch of us banned fraysters gathered there and posted there... you didn't need to be banned to post there, but if you were banned this was the next best thing at the time. JackDallas was there. I found justoffal at another msn group formed by Dd and he came and posted with us. I think you and BoltLady posted there also. It was a fairly active forum, I came up with the forum name for "Money Talks" ... everyone was forming their own blogs at the time also.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member

There was no article asscociated with with KFS. I was a newbie to the computer in 2000. Both Cat and Loreed helped me learn the basics.

But you are right about Sandy. Matter of fact Loree has a site still up. They all loved the Poetry board.

http://www.poetrybyloree.com
My wife and I have been to Lorre's house, in Kansas, twice. They have the Walnut Valley Bluegrass Music festival in her town. We went to that and spent the night with Loree. I still hear from her every once in a while. She has macular degeneration and can't see to use the computer. That's why she doesn't post anymore.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Night passed. Maybe it was you that told me.

Night helped me recuperate from a broken wrist. He broke his hip falling over a lawn mower.
Yes, he died a while back, a year ago, maybe. Lorre let me know. He lived in her town (Winfield, Kansas).

MaryAnne

Governor
My wife and I have been to Lorre's house, in Kansas, twice. They have the Walnut Valley Bluegrass Music festival in her town. We went to that and spent the night with Loree. I still hear from her every once in a while. She has macular degeneration and can't see to use the computer. That's why she doesn't post anymore.
I know, haven't emailed with her for a while. She could barely see. She was a fighter before she lost her sight.

Used to post with Elaine on Facebook.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I sure do.:)

Also remember changing my nic and scared you and Loree to death. You could do that is those days.

Cat had her Tammy Faye commercials. Loree was Rev. Billy Bob.

Dave was Pheonix. I think I still have his email.

I guess I have that dementia,too. But my long term memory is great.
And I was Jack Dallas.