• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Satire explains it.....

GreenBean

Council Member
"In whose Delusional mind is Democracy made better by allowing wealthy people to control more of it ?" - The Democratic Party of Course

.....In Congress, the wealthiest among us are more likely to be represented by a Democrat than a Republican. Of the 10 richest House districts, only two have Republican congressmen. Democrats claim the top six, sprinkled along the East and West coasts. Most are in overwhelmingly Democratic states like New York and California.

The richest: New York's 12th Congressional District, which includes Manhattan's Upper East Side, as well as parts of Queens and Brooklyn. Democrat Carolyn Maloney is in her 11th term representing the district....

If you brought back either of the Roosevelts—Teddy or Franklin—from the grave, the most astonishing thing they would find is that the “malefactors of great wealth” have become the benefactors of today’s liberalism, and Democrats have become the party of the rich. In the economic crisis of the 1930s, the rich hated FDR. Most of today’s rich love Barack Obama—so much so that Washington D.C. area airports ran out of space to handle all of the private jets flying in the well-heeled for both of his inaugurals. Forget the “limousine liberals” of the 1960s and 1970s, sending their own kids to private schools while advocating forced busing for everyone else; behold today’s burgeoning class of “Gulfstream liberals,” who jet about the globe while fretting about global warming.
Across the country, Democratic House districts have an average per capita income of $27,893. That's about $1,000 higher than the average income in Republican districts.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevenhayward/2014/01/08/how-did-the-democrats-become-the-party-of-the-rich/

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Interesting take on the wealthy in the OP at your link...thanks for the read.

Elizabeth Warren has/is keyed in on the problem and has been for a long time. I agree with her sentiments.

“Washington works for those who can hire armies of lobbyists, armies of lawyers, and get just the rules they want. It doesn’t work so well for American families.”

“The only chance we’ve got is if those families will turn back to their government and say, ‘I demand that you work for me, not for the billionaires, not for the millionaires. That you work for me.’”

GreenBean

Council Member
Interesting take on the wealthy in the OP at your link...thanks for the read.

Elizabeth Warren has/is keyed in on the problem and has been for a long time. I agree with her sentiments.

“Washington works for those who can hire armies of lobbyists, armies of lawyers, and get just the rules they want. It doesn’t work so well for American families.”

“The only chance we’ve got is if those families will turn back to their government and say, ‘I demand that you work for me, not for the billionaires, not for the millionaires. That you work for me.’”
The sad part is most of the American Families are cajoled into not knowing who their real enemy is - the enemy is the people who claim to be standing for their rights

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!

These Senate Republicans voted to kill the Democracy for All amendment which
restrict corporations and billionaires from buying elections.
Susan Collins, Maine
Bob Corker, Tennessee
John Cornyn, Texas
Mike Crapo, Idaho 1
Ted Cruz, Texas
Mike Enzi, Wyoming
Deb Fischer, Nebraska
Jeff Flake, Arizona
Lindsey Graham, South Carolina
Chuck Grassley, Iowa
Orrin Hatch, Utah
Dean Heller, Nevada
John Hoeven, North Dakota
James Inhofe, Oklahoma
Johnny Isakson,
Mike Johanns, Nebraska
Ron Johnson, Wisconsin
Mark Kirk, Illinois
Mike Lee, Utah
Mitch McConnell, Kentucky
Jerry Moran, Kansas
Lisa Murkowski, Alaska
Rand Paul, Kentucky
Rob Portman, Ohio
Jim Risch, Idaho
Pat Roberts, Kansas
Marco Rubio, Florida
Tim Scott, South Carolina
Jeff Sessions, Alabama
Richard Shelby, Alabama
John Thune, South Dakota
Pat Toomey, Pennsylvania
David Vitter, Louisiana
Roger Wicker #getmoneyout
http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=113&session=2&vote=00259