• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Schiff (D) Still Says He Does Not Know Who the Whistleblower Is

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
From The Hill

Schiff also rebuffed the suggestion by the president’s defense team that he had coordinated with the anonymous government whistleblower whose allegations sparked the impeachment investigation.

“It is nonsense. I don’t even know who the whistleblower is,” Schiff said.

Schiff had previously told MSNBC that his committee had not had direct contact with the whistleblower, despite later reports that revealed the person behind the complaint had made contact with a Democratic House Intelligence staffer.

The whistleblower had come to the committee before filing the formal complaint, Schiff acknowledged Saturday, and staffers directed the anonymous figure to contact a lawyer and the inspector general of the intelligence community. That’s the common practice, he said – one encouraged by leaders of the Intelligence panels in both parties.

The Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee does NOT know who the whistleblower is but his staff does? This is clearly just a smokescreen to try and avoid being called as a witness in the impeachment trial he is currently involved in.

CUE LAUGH TRACK

From The Hill

Schiff also rebuffed the suggestion by the president’s defense team that he had coordinated with the anonymous government whistleblower whose allegations sparked the impeachment investigation.

Schiff had previously told MSNBC that his committee had not had direct contact with the whistleblower, despite later reports that revealed the person behind the complaint had made contact with a Democratic House Intelligence staffer.

The whistleblower had come to the committee before filing the formal complaint, Schiff acknowledged Saturday, and staffers directed the anonymous figure to contact a lawyer and the inspector general of the intelligence community. That’s the common practice, he said – one encouraged by leaders of the Intelligence panels in both parties.

The Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee does NOT know who the whistleblower is but his staff does? This is clearly just a smokescreen to try and avoid being called as a witness in the impeachment trial he is currently involved in.

CUE LAUGH TRACK
So you think its impossible to contact congress anonymously?
That's ridiculous.

Zam-Zam

Senator
From The Hill

CUE LAUGH TRACK

I guess a fair-minded question might be this:

If one does not know whom the person making an allegation is, how would you evaluate the credibility of that person?

The obvious answer would seem to be "You can't".

Ergo, their testimony becomes a whole lot less credible.

Dino

Russian Asset
From The Hill

CUE LAUGH TRACK
If I'm Mitch McConnell here is my deal...

You want Parnas to testify? You want Bolton to testify?
That happens when Schiff, Bidens, and Ciaramella all agree to be witnesses.

If not, NO DEAL.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

If one does not know whom the person making an allegation is, how would you evaluate the credibility of that person?

Since Trump released his version of the call...why does the WB even matter?

Zam-Zam

Senator
Since Trump released his version of the call...why does the WB even matter?
That's a fair question.

If a source is anonymous, the testimony alone is, of course, worthless.

If, however, you can corroborate the information independent of the testimony, then the testimony is not needed.

Yet, Mr. Schiff seems to believe the WB's testimony is paramount. Which would indicate that it is not corroborated independently. Which renders it....worthless.

So, yes. The WB doesn't matter, nor does what the WB has to say matter.

On with the show.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
If I'm Mitch McConnell here is my deal...

You want Parnas to testify? You want Bolton to testify?
That happens when Schiff, Bidens, and Ciaramella all agree to be witnesses.

If not, NO DEAL.
What would the Bidens know about Trump's hold on aid?

The WB isn't relevant since what he reported matches the Trump version of the call.

So why have them testfy? So that Trump can smear Biden in time to keep him out of the primaries...exactly why he wanted Ukraine to announce an investigation.
Why call the WB? Revenge.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
That's a fair question.

If a source is anonymous, the testimony alone is, of course, worthless.

If, however, you can corroborate the information independent of the testimony, then the testimony is not needed.

Yet, Mr. Schiff seems to believe the WB's testimony is paramount. Which would indicate that it is not corroborated independently. Which renders it....worthless.

So, yes. The WB doesn't matter, nor does what the WB has to say matter.

On with the show.
The WB info is a match for Trump's version of the call.

Zam-Zam

Senator
The WB info is a match for Trump's version of the call.

It isn't.

Simply because we know who Trump is. He's willing to sign his name to it. Whether he is to be believed is up to each individual to decide for themselves, but because we know who he is, his credibility can be assessed by those rendering judgement.

The WB continues to hide in the shadows. As long as that remains the case, his or her credibility cannot be assessed, and thus the testimony is worthless.

FakeName

Governor

His testimony is irrelevant......he wasn't even asked to testify.

Dino

Russian Asset
What would the Bidens know about Trump's hold on aid?

The WB isn't relevant since what he reported matches the Trump version of the call.

So why have them testfy? So that Trump can smear Biden in time to keep him out of the primaries...exactly why he wanted Ukraine to announce an investigation.
Why call the WB? Revenge.
Don't know until we ask.
That's my deal, if Republicans can't call the witnesses they wish (AGAIN!) then absolutely no deal on witnesses.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
It isn't.

Simply because we know who Trump is. He's willing to sign his name to it. Whether he is to be believed is up to each individual to decide for themselves, but because we know who he is, his credibility can be assessed by those rendering judgement.

The WB continues to hide in the shadows. As long as that remains the case, his or her credibility cannot be assessed, and thus the testimony is worthless.
There is no substantial difference between the WB complaint and Trump's.

Trump wants revenge.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Don't know until we ask.
That's my deal, if Republicans can't call the witnesses they wish (AGAIN!) then absolutely no deal on witnesses.
Don't know? Bull shit. Trump is still hoping to gain points in the election. How about if both Biden and Trump appear under oath?

Zam-Zam

Senator
There is no substantial difference between the WB complaint and Trump's.

Trump wants revenge.
I just explained the difference. One is known, one cowers in the shadows.

That's a significant difference, even if you refuse to acknowledge it.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Don't know until we ask.
The repubs did call witnesses in the house...they did not get to call people who were not witnesses.

The whistleblower did give any testimony.

Dino

Russian Asset
The repubs did call witnesses in the house...they did not get to call people who were not witnesses.
Ummm yeah

Scalise said the the resolution passed by a partisan vote in the House does allows Republicans to present subpoenas and call witnesses, they can only call ones that are “authorized” by Schiff.

“Adam Schiff, among many things, has been trying to claim that this is a fair process by saying that Republicans are allowed to ask questions,” Scalise told reporters. “Now he gets to choose all the witnesses, and him and himself only, which means it’s not a fair process on the face. But even his claim now, that Republicans can ask questions, has been undermined, because now he’s directing witnesses not to answer questions that he doesn’t want the witness to answer, if they’re asked by Republicans.

Bugsy McGurk

President
From The Hill

CUE LAUGH TRACK
Sane people say “Who cares who the whistleblower is?”

;-)

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I just explained the difference. One is known, one cowers in the shadows.

That's a significant difference, even if you refuse to acknowledge it.
The WB complained about what he was told of the call. Trump wants to know who told the WB about the call....you know it is about payback. Gee, why would a government employee be worried about pissing Trump off?