• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

School will start soon

Boltlady

Mayor
That should be something of an adventure for the school boards in cities that are receiving a large influx of illegals. They will have to deal with a lot of students who don't speak our language and will be bringing a lot of diseases in. The students probably won't have much in the way of the needed school supplies either. Some of the lists can be pretty lengthy of what is supposed to be supplied from home.

The proximity of the students will make those diseases spread pretty rapidly. I sure am glad I don't have to deal with having a kid in a school that will have priorities outside of the education that people should be able to expect for their children.

That should be something of an adventure for the school boards in cities that are receiving a large influx of illegals. They will have to deal with a lot of students who don't speak our language and will be bringing a lot of diseases in. The students probably won't have much in the way of the needed school supplies either. Some of the lists can be pretty lengthy of what is supposed to be supplied from home.

The proximity of the students will make those diseases spread pretty rapidly. I sure am glad I don't have to deal with having a kid in a school that will have priorities outside of the education that people should be able to expect for their children.
It's going to be interesting. A lot of parents are going to be dealing with their kids coming down with tuberculosis, scabies, lice, H1N1, HIV and other infectious diseases. Let's see what Obama has planned for them...

Boltlady

Mayor
It takes a degenerate mind to focus on the 'diseases' of children from other countries. The more I hear it the angrier I get. I won't humor it any more, sorry.
That might be true if those diseases were properly treated before those kids were assimilated into our schools and neighborhoods, but that's not happening. Diseases tend to spread like wildfire in schools because of the proximity of the students. This would be a real concern for those who have to send their kids into a situation like that.

That might be true if those diseases were properly treated before those kids were assimilated into our schools and neighborhoods, but that's not happening. Diseases tend to spread like wildfire in schools because of the proximity of the students. This would be a real concern for those who have to send their kids into a situation like that.
Talk to you school administrators. You very well know that they will look into the matter.

Hold your administrators responsible. But don't be evil about it.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
It takes a degenerate mind to focus on the 'diseases' of children from other countries. The more I hear it the angrier I get. I won't humor it any more, sorry.
it's FACTS...........what should parents with children in school with these illegals FOCUS on?
Gawd damn.......can't take my dog to visit people in nursing homes unless ALL shots are up to date.....can't board them in kennels w/out ALL shots........yet 'O' administration I going to fill school with kids that have who knows what and never had shots as our kids............
If I were a parent with kids in those effected schools, I'd be much more angry than you are...........no humor in the FACTS.

Bo-4

Senator

The chances of any of the unaccompanied minors from Central America making it into our public schools this month are slim to none BL.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Talk to you school administrators. You very well know that they will look into the matter.

Hold your administrators responsible. But don't be evil about it.
school administrators have no say with the 'O' kids............they were dropped there and somehow they must enroll them or face the 'O'............(after he gets back from vacation of course)

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
The chances of any of the unaccompanied minors from Central America making it into our public schools this month are slim to none BL.
So they just going to keep them in the Gov kennels/warehouses?
Evidently many have been placed with family that were already here (illegally evidently) and they either enroll them in school or face the local law..........
How about next month or the month after...........
I counted 74 illegal kids get off at one bus stop across the river the other afternoon..........don't even try and say these CA kids will not be in our schools..........
Damn good thing I don't have grandkids.......

Bo-4

Senator
So they just going to keep them in the Gov kennels/warehouses?
Evidently many have been placed with family that were already here (illegally evidently) and they either enroll them in school or face the local law..........
Link?

Bo-4

Senator
Maybe we'll supply them all with their very own I-Phones so they can stay busy?
Yes, Obamaphones, MacBooks, a $5,000 per month allowance for food and shelter, and a brand new Prius. But don't forget the nannies, butlers and personal chefs! :rolleyes:

C'mon BL, most of them are gonna be shipped back.

it's FACTS...........what should parents with children in school with these illegals FOCUS on?
Gawd damn.......can't take my dog to visit people in nursing homes unless ALL shots are up to date.....can't board them in kennels w/out ALL shots........yet 'O' administration I going to fill school with kids that have who knows what and never had shots as our kids............
If I were a parent with kids in those effected schools, I'd be much more angry than you are...........no humor in the FACTS.
It's going to be a legitimate issue. Right now in my area police are searching for a homeless illegal who has active, contagious TB and is out in the population spreading the disease...

Boltlady

Mayor
Yes, Obamaphones, MacBooks, a $5,000 per month allowance for food and shelter, and a brand new Prius. But don't forget the nannies, butlers and personal chefs! :rolleyes:

C'mon BL, most of them are gonna be shipped back.
Florida doesn't think so.

Florida schools brace for flood of border kids
July 25, 2014

WATCHDOG.ORG

Watchdog.org is a collection of independent journalists covering state-specific and local government activity. The program began in September 2009, a project of Franklin Center for Government & Public Integrity, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to promoting new media journalism.
Archive »
MIAMI — With more than 51,000 unaccompanied Central American children already here, and more expected to come, school officials ask the federal government for a helping hand.

Border kids costs more to educate, about $1,900 per head. Teachers must be bilingual. The students will need health care and psychological services because many arrive sick and traumatized by things they’ve seen and experienced on their journeys north.

Daisy Gonzalez-Diego, communications officer at the Miami-Dade County Public School, said up until now, the school district have relied on their emergency funds to help cover the costs.

“We are asking the federal government to help us with this additional cost,” she said. “We are here to help those children, we have a history of helping them, as we did when the earthquake hit Haiti, and when political problems arose in Cuba.

“We won’t stop providing them an education,” she said. “But we don’t want the (local) taxpayer to pay for it. That’s why we are asking for federal funds.”

She said that just before the end of school in June, her district saw about 300 border kids, coming from Honduras.

“We don’t know how many more are coming this upcoming school year because Central America children usually enroll just two or three weeks before the school year begins,” Gonzalez-Diego said.

While the Palm Beach County School District says they haven’t seen an uptick of border kids enrolling, they won’t be caught off guard for the 2014-15 school year, which begins in August.

“We are accustomed to receiving an influx of children based on different situations that happen around the world,” said Natalia Powers, communications manager for the Palm Beach County School District.

The 2010 Haiti earthquake caused an influx of Haitian students in their district.

“Our district and schools were ready to provide them with services, and what we cannot provide we work out with community partnerships,” she said.

Powers said Palm Beach County schools are not asking for additional funds right now, but they won’t know what to expect until they get closer to the beginning of the school year.

The Guatemalan Mayan Center, a Lake Worth, Fla.-based community organization that offers assistance and language classes to immigrants, has seen an uptick in the number of immigrants seeking help.

“Last year, we had three students. This yea,r we’ve got 50,” said volunteer Micaela Martí.

She said the children are 5 and 7 who come to the center to learn English because they arrived too late for the school year.

School officials in Hillsborough County, which has a large Hispanic population, did not respond to a request for information.

In Pasco County, shelters expect to double their capacity.

Tampa NBC affiliate WFLA reported the Gulf Coast Jewish Family Services is asking Pasco County’s Planning Commission to double shelter capacity to 32 beds to accommodate more border children. But neighbors of the center have mixed reactions.

Florida Watchdog contacted Americans for Immigrant Justice, a facility that houses border-crossing children, but they declined a request for an interview or to provide any information about the children.

In Brevard County, the Children’s Home Society of Florida confirmed to Breitbart News that some unaccompanied minors crossing the southern border of the U.S. will be sent to local foster homes in the state next month.

Authored by Marianela Toledo

Florida schools brace for flood of border kids - EAGnews.org powered by Education Action Group Foundation, Inc.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
It's going to be a legitimate issue. Right now in my area police are searching for a homeless illegal who has active, contagious TB and is out in the population spreading the disease...
as is more than likely the same in all the places 'O' has sent his kids...........it's why finally Americans took a stance and said 'HELL NO' and blocked the bus loads of illegal.....

☺damn progressive Maryland Governor felt sooooooooo sorry for the illegals until 'O' said he was sending some to his state and his tuned turned quicker than a speedy train....

BobbyT

Governor

When I was in school in San Diego in the 70's, we got a large influx of Vietnamese and Cambodian refugees, and their children entered our school system not speaking English. I was a kid, so don't remember any specific bruhaha surrounding it, but do remember having translators in my classes so the kids could learn the subject matter while they were also learning English. We kids didn't suffer any strange southeast Asian diseases, and the refugee kids, who at first kept pretty much to themselves (language being the primary barrier), gradually became just one group in the ethnic polygot that was San Diego back in its Navy-town heyday. Relax. This has happened before and will happen again, and the world will continue to turn.